Lithium Fire Citrus Grove

Old 04-03-2024, 11:34 AM
Location: NY, North Carolina, Georgia, Hawaii, Massachusetts, South Carolina, Oklahoma, Village of Bradford

I've had a Lithium Powered Golf cart for 4 years now. Leave it plugged-in every time it's parked in my garage as recommended by Club Car. Never had a problem. Let's not disparage all Lithium Powered Golf Carts because of this fire. Let's ID the problem, Manufacturer? After-Market Battery? DIY Conversion to Lithium?
Old 04-03-2024, 12:00 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,057 Times in 539 Posts
Default Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredMitchell View Post
Looks like this was a successful April 1 prank.

Well done.
As much as Global Warming!

“ There are those who believe something, and therefore will tolerate nothing; and on the other hand, those who tolerate everything, because they believe nothing.” - Robert Browning
Old 04-03-2024, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMack View Post
No, I was a few house down enjoying Easter dinner when it happened. There were quite a few emergency vehicles there including ambulances. Our hosts Facebook confirmed most of the incident pulsePoint also had notifications. There was a lot of “fire” power at the scene.

The fake part is you Dr stating it was a lithium cart fire. Where is your proof?
Old 04-04-2024, 06:48 AM
Default Investigation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southwest737 View Post
The fake part is you Dr stating it was a lithium cart fire. Where is your proof?
Why is proof needed? Here is the incident number to use at your leisure. You aren’t logical in approach. SCSO24CAD034602

Fairfax VA
Stamford CT
Rye NH
Provincetown MA
Old 04-04-2024, 07:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,408 Times in 2,069 Posts

Quote:
Why is proof needed? Here is the incident number to use at your leisure. You aren’t logical in approach. SCSO24CAD034602
Proof is needed because without it I can write that I heard there were fire engines in Citrus Grove on 3/31. The report was of a lithium car fire but it turned out to be something else. There was a lot of smoke damage to the SUV and golf cart that were in the garage and the garage door was cut out to access the fire but no one was injured.

I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA IF THE ABOVE IS TRUE. But without proof, I have absolutely no idea if it is false either.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 04-04-2024, 08:11 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,057 Times in 539 Posts
Default Access

Quote:
How do you access that? It appears it was a muttered response? Lady Lake, Sumter and Lake County Border, both counties responded? Located in Wildwood? Too many questions.

“ There are those who believe something, and therefore will tolerate nothing; and on the other hand, those who tolerate everything, because they believe nothing.” - Robert Browning
Old 04-04-2024, 08:38 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Normal View Post
How do you access that? It appears it was a muttered response? Lady Lake, Sumter and Lake County Border, both counties responded? Located in Wildwood? Too many questions.
Mutual aid...not uncommon across the country
Old 04-04-2024, 09:03 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,408 Times in 2,069 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Normal View Post
I do not know how to access that but I do know:
- it is a Sumter County Sheriff's Office (SCSO) number
- The sequence number is correct for an incident on 3/31
- This particular number does not appear on the only page I found that lists SCSO numbers
- Even the page I found gives no details beyond date and time

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough

Tags
fire, lithium, electric, batteries, toys

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.