Local Real Estate Agents re TV Relocation Service

Closed Thread
Old 07-19-2010, 11:15 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkcunningham1 View Post
I understand where you are going by offering a bonus. This isn't a personal slam against anyone involved in the discussion. But I personally would steer clear of any agent who would accept such an offer to sell or one who would get buyers to look at your house based on a bonus. First of all, your listing agent has a contractual obligation to represent you and to get you the best price and to bring buyers in to see you.
The way that your listing agent gets you the best price is to list the property on MLS with great pictures and descriptions. In most cases, the property is then sold by another agent and the commission amount is usually split 50/50 between listing agent and selling agent.

In the real world, a bonus offered to the selling agent does motivate agents to show your property. There is nothing unethical about it. Most (if not all) Real Estate Boards permit it.
Old 07-20-2010, 04:08 AM
Administrator

How does agent/broker representation work in Florida?

I have always thought that all the real estate agents in any transaction
represent the seller unless a person has a signed buyer's broker agreement.

I see references on the forum in which buyers talk about "my agent," and I
don't know if they simply think the agent is theirs, if they have a signed
agreement, or if Florida law is different from why I am familiar with.
Old 07-20-2010, 06:49 AM
Platinum member

I'm like Tony, I thought all RE agents worked for the seller. That's who pays them. The buyer may be paying the money, but it eventually comes out of the sellers proceeds.

A pessimist is an optimist with experience.

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 07-20-2010, 07:11 AM
Sage

Realtors may represent a buyer, seller, landlord, tenant, or other clients. Some even have dual agency. But this has to be disclosed to both parties. All agents, regardless of who they represent, according to the National Association of Realtors' Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice, pledge to protect and promote the interests of their client, but according to the NAR, they must also remain obligated to treat all parties honestly.

It is very important to understand this representative agreement when making a large purchase like real estate. Don't be intimidated. Just ask.

Last edited by bkcunningham1; 07-20-2010 at 07:14 AM.
Old 07-20-2010, 08:52 AM
Administrator

I am more interested in what Florida law says about it.

I think people are lulled into thinking that since they go to a real estate agent, the agent is working for him or her. Not so.

Are any professionals around who can address this?
Old 07-20-2010, 11:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,514 Times in 1,913 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I am in the same position as you two, raynan and getdul. We have two suggested realtors and we are working like crazy trying to make it look like a new build. On the suggestion of many of our friends we have put a for sale by owner sign in yard and will leave it for a couple of weeks and than decide what to do next.

The window man is replacing a few fogged panes today and Thursday the last seven rooms of carpet will be cleaned. And than I will have to maintain it like a model home and have the three of us still live in it.

What fun.

NO. I am not burying St. Joseph upside down. He has been a friend in the past and I am hoping for his help.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.