Locked out

Closed Thread
Old 03-28-2020, 07:47 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang428j View Post
If you go shopping for grocery's locally you are now around people of which you do not know where they have been and they may not be from the area "The Villages". If your so worried about yourself, stay home, watch CNN. You may get the Virus just watching the New's.
Watching CNN has been medically proven to be hazardous to normal people's mental health ... be careful..
Old 03-28-2020, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharon Dent View Post
In fact, it ABSOLUTELY is transmitted airborne. That is THE most common way it’s getting transmitted. Hence the masks. Just be careful, everyone!
Everyone should stay home
Old 03-28-2020, 07:48 AM

Instead of laying off the rec employees, why don’t they have them monitoring the pools. Most people who use the adult pools would abide by the 10 person rule and take turns 1 in—1out
Old 03-28-2020, 08:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

The Villages absolutely did the correct thing when they closed down the Pools. This isn't about Personal Integrity it is about Living/Dying and affecting others.

During this time of the year we are normally at a pool at least twice a day. We miss the exercise and our friend. I'll see them again when this is over. It will be

over one day if we do there things that are suggested with a favorable outcome.
Old 03-28-2020, 08:27 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Really?? Why aren't they green? I haven't seen anyone dumping Bacquacil in them.

What do they use???

these are salt water pools, not fresh water pools...the treatment is different

why haven't you seen anyone treating the pools?...maybe it's because the expensive professional grade equipment designed into the system is constantly maintaining the water quality and the folks that check it haven't been told that they needed to call you every time before they stopped over....their bad....hopefully the Morse family will dock their pay for not letting you know, so that you can make sure they do their job
Old 03-28-2020, 08:27 AM
Veteran member

Reminds me of the skit on Saturday Night Live. "Schweddy Balls" with Alec Baldwin. NPR's Delicious Dish: Schweddy Balls - SNL - YouTube
Old 03-28-2020, 08:28 AM

Salt water pools
Old 03-28-2020, 08:30 AM

They should be consistent. There is also more than 10 and in fact there are than 10 standing and sitting on the bench. I took a picture at Bradenton
Old 03-28-2020, 08:51 AM
Default Really .......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneiric View Post
The virus is killed by dryness, heat, and ultraviolet light. Players use wipes on their hands, paddles, and ball after every game. They do not touch other players or their faces with their hands. The virus is not able to be transmitted airborne.
"The virus is not able to be transmitted airborne" That is not what I have been hearing since this miserable thing started. If that is the case why are medical folks in the trenches wearing these full face masks and in some cases fully enclosed air systems. I doubt because they are comfortable. I don't think this is something you want to be telling folks. The six foot "social distance" is the reason for the season!
Old 03-28-2020, 09:00 AM

Yes...we bring our own chairs and sit 6’ apart...only about 8 max people in our group so we are generally playing on courts in different sections...also we bring wipes and hand sanitizers to use between play and to clean the ball. Safer than going to the grocery store! Don’t put all pickleball in your complaint...I saw 8 people gathered in chairs last night in someone’s driveway and they were sitting all right next to each other...no distancing! Be more afraid of their behavior than pickleball players!
Old 03-28-2020, 09:25 AM
Default Closing Pools

The pools were closed because Villagers could not follow the rules. It was posted only 10 people in the pool. The Villages did a check and there were several pools with 20 plus people in them. You go to the squares and people and sitting in groups (not 6 feet apart). If people would follow the rules we would have more privileges. As always, a few people who don’t think the rules apply to them spoil for everyone. Social distancing is critical. People are dying from this disease. Let’s take it seriously.
Old 03-28-2020, 09:28 AM

I find it laughable that supposedly GROWN adults require a "monitor" to count to 10, or know what 6 foot distance is...
And any of them that CAN'T, are going to tell that "monitor" where to shove it anyway.
If you are there with the people that you LIVE with, golfing/playing PB/in the pool, 6' spacing doesn't apply..and how does ANYONE who doesn't know them know the difference?

This whole thread, as well as MOST posts I read on this forum, are just "sour grapes", if you ask ME.

As previously stated, pools are NOT conducive to cleanliness in several ways.

PB , you have ONE hand touching the ball/gate. (Or just leave the damn gate OPEN)
Keep your hand out of your mouth/off your face, till you wash your hand...before you get in your car/cart and touch the steering wheel/door handle.

Wearing a porous golf glove is not helping/blocking anything from you...
You'll ruin it soaking it in bleach water every day.
A virus can't get through your unbroken skin...just wash your hands when you're done.
Have a bottle of sanitizer with you...

If you want to get TOTALLY freaked out about something, think about how the store shelves are stocked....
Aldi, who just cuts the boxes open, looks a LOT more attractive/clean NOW...
Old 03-28-2020, 09:30 AM
Default Pickleball

Let me just say this for what it’s worth..I’m in NJ and we wish all of the pickleball and basketball courts as well as all outside activities would have been shut down sooner. Hindsight is 20/20 and we are now fighting a huge crisis here. You are risking infecting others by being selfish. It’s a small sacrifice for something so monumental that you will regret. Please think about the very near future.
Old 03-28-2020, 09:38 AM

Last thing I heard was that it IS airborne as well, so is this new information?😷 a cough or a sneeze sends droplets into the air.
Old 03-28-2020, 10:05 AM
Send a message via AIM to newgirl

I see more golfers standing in groups then issues on the courts . Golf is big $$$$ , they won’t close so why hurt pickleball players who are playing safe?
Closed Thread

Tags
players, ball, contact, pools, adult

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.