Lot prices

Closed Thread
Old 09-21-2010, 02:17 PM
Location: Lived in Vermont for 52 years now at Smithmountainlake ,VA
Default Lot prices

I was wondering when you build a house what does the lot usually cost , I would want one big enough for a pool? A range would be much appreciated....
Old 09-21-2010, 02:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,524 Times in 1,916 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg802 View Post
I was wondering when you build a house what does the lot usually cost , I would want one big enough for a pool? A range would be much appreciated....
Are you sitting down? Lots here range from Zero to 350,000. We have friends who bought at each end of the spectrum. The higher end are Premiers with views. But you can get a Zero Premier interior lot too.

Last edited by graciegirl; 09-21-2010 at 04:10 PM.
Old 09-21-2010, 02:50 PM

I wasn't sitting down......now I am!!!!
Old 09-21-2010, 02:55 PM
Platinum member
Send a message via Skype™ to SALYBOW
Default My Best guess

When we bought a few months agao it was explained to me this way. A standard lot is figured into the cost of the home. A standard lot is 60 x 90. If you get something else, ie, a view lot. a cul de sac, a corner, etc. there is a premium added. There is also a premium for a larger lot. We got a lot that is 103 x 60 interior lot and the premium was $8000.00. They went up from there. The highest premium I am aware of is $36000, but who knows.
We were also told that there are few lots that are large enough to handle a pool, so they would all be premium lots. If it is a larger lot with another reason for a premium, location, view, etc. it will be pricey. We opted for a larger lot to allow for an extended lanai. I wish now we had extended the garage and the front bedroom also. All this being said, own new home is marvelous!!! We just have to get rid of some more stuff so we can get the cars in the garage. If that is the only problem we have...life is good. Sally
Old 09-21-2010, 03:43 PM

Lot price is bases on size but more about location ---"View" or "Golf Course" can become pricey ---

I would think you couldnt get a golf course lot for less than 100,000 I might be wrong but its what I saw while looking ...

Good Luck
Old 09-21-2010, 04:16 PM
Sage

Quote:
I wasn't sitting down......now I am!!!!
Don't have a sad face. I was giving you the extremes. I would imagine that for ten thousand you can get a lot to well accommodate a pool. Russ will be on to tell you because he is having a pool at the house he is building right now.

The Million-five house with the killer water views would be one of the most expensive lots that I mentioned. We have friends who live around the corner from that house and their lot was 250K plus.

There is a lot for you. There are HUNDREDS of choices and they keep opening up new areas as the villages become filled. NOT to worry. Remember, they start at ZERO. If you call your rep he/she can email you a plot mat with prices.
Old 09-21-2010, 04:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,784 Times in 1,387 Posts
Default When Bridgeport Lake Miona was being built

golf course lots had a premium of + $240,000.

Lots along the lake were rumored to be in the $250-$350,000 range.

The average is more like $400,000.

The last two lots on Minoa Drive on the cul de sac went for $600,000 and $650,000 each.

Yes the above big numbers are for the lot only.

Oh by the way the village of Bridgeport at Lake Miona sold out/built out the first 12-24 months!!!!!!!!!!

Everything is relative. And everybody gets the same amenities regardless of the price of the lot/house. That is the beauty of TV.

Live where you can afford and afford where you live and each be happy with their own....eh?

btk
Old 09-21-2010, 05:55 PM
Sage

Since I've been summoned by Gracie

My lot is an interior corner with room for a large pool (on the side not in back). Total sq. feet is just over 11K.

Price $25K.

I do know that some street lots and some cul-de-sac lots can accommodate a pool. We had prices from 20K to 65K for those.

Golf course that can fit a pool run about $135-175K. All these and those mentioned above are for designer model homes not premiere.
Old 09-21-2010, 06:35 PM
Default Lot prices

Everybody thank you for all the info i didnt have a clue what lot prices were i hadnt seen anybody talk about it ,same old story you get what you pay for
Old 09-21-2010, 08:07 PM
Sage

Quote:
Everybody thank you for all the info i didnt have a clue what lot prices were i hadnt seen anybody talk about it ,same old story you get what you pay for
Actually NOT. No matter what they cost, they entitle you to live here and that is PRICELESS.
Old 09-21-2010, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
golf course lots had a premium of + $240,000.

Lots along the lake were rumored to be in the $250-$350,000 range.

The average is more like $400,000.

The last two lots on Minoa Drive on the cul de sac went for $600,000 and $650,000 each.

Yes the above big numbers are for the lot only.

Oh by the way the village of Bridgeport at Lake Miona sold out/built out the first 12-24 months!!!!!!!!!!

Everything is relative. And everybody gets the same amenities regardless of the price of the lot/house. That is the beauty of TV.

Live where you can afford and afford where you live and each be happy with their own....eh?

btk

Btk

Couple head scratchers here....

We looked at a place in Sunset Pointe with arguably one of the best views in TV, but our hometown friends were so passionate we let them have it, and they are ready to come sooner.
There's a little stretch of golf course, then a nice pond, and just beyond that Miona Lake and preserve. You don't see anything but nature.

Unlike the seven figure peninsular homes on Baypoint, this one does not have the labyrinthian drive to get there, is not the focus of TV tourists, and you don't get the view of hundreds of homes in TV and outparcels like Lakeside Landings (with all due respect, an ongoing project in progress)

For what we infer from BTK's figures, they nearly got a free home!

speaking of 'free homes' we looked at that wooded, unoccupied-for-more-than-five-years place in Harmeswood on a huge near-acre lot, where the back fence is near the power lines and sits on the Marion line.
We called the FSBO number on the knocked-over sign
The cantankerous owner said "it's free - you buy the lot, worth $750,000, and you get the house. It's got a $10,000 chandelier"

"Well, how do we see it?"
"Get me a check for $750,000, but you can look in some of the windows with the shades up"

We opted out, any place empty that long is probably haunted.

As far as the 'Sitting Down'-Sad-face response...
Gracie makes great points.

And we'll add:

If your decision is price based, do you need a pool?
Linda is an aquaphile, and while her preferred ocean or gulf is almost 2 hours, the TV pools are terrific. 10 min. on foot, 2 on trike.
Temps are usually great, and they are usually devoid of critters, be they humans or micro organisms.

She was a pool slave back north and we were happy when we moved so 'the next guys' could have it .
(We opted for a small barn and a couple horses
(another form of slavery!)to keep the girls out of trouble as teens

Also, why not look at resales. We thought we stole the two places we got.
One was for us (some day) , and the other was a cottage for an ailing sister (who won't be needing it any more)

We made some 'they wont take it" offers but lo and behold.......

We didn't even know about TOTV at the time, and did almost no research.
For our place, we saw it on Sally's site after returning home, (having been in remorse for missing the one on the preserve) had our agent and savvy TV friends run over and take a few more pix, and made the nutty offer.

Good luck, keep reading and keep us posted.

L and L

Still overworked in Rural Md......
......visiting our TV homes when possible
Old 09-22-2010, 07:42 AM
Default Lot prices

Thank you Larryandlinda we have never had a pool before so we have no idea how much upkeep,but is on my wifes bucket list.We havent visited yet coming in november to see it all,there doesnt seem to be alot of resales with pools,so i am thinking building then you can be in the neighborhood that you want,they all sound so good the way everbody talks about theirs. The sad face is because we love seeing water,and the high price for a lot is out of our price range,but like gracie said tv is priceless.
Old 09-22-2010, 08:03 AM
Sage

Greg.

I love to look at the listings on here. I look at the new ones every morning. We are looking for a little bigger home for when we move down year round and when we sell our home in Ohio.

There are a goodly number of resales with pools.

You will be so pleased to see this place.

No. I don't work for The Villages, I am just a happy resident.

You are gonna love it. So many choices in all price ranges.

Kindest wishes,

Gracie
Old 09-22-2010, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Thank you Larryandlinda we have never had a pool before so we have no idea how much upkeep,but is on my wifes bucket list.We havent visited yet coming in november to see it all,there doesnt seem to be alot of resales with pools,so i am thinking building then you can be in the neighborhood that you want,they all sound so good the way everbody talks about theirs. The sad face is because we love seeing water,and the high price for a lot is out of our price range,but like gracie said tv is priceless.

Greg ---Dont be discouraged --when you visit you will find so many beautiful areas and LOTS of all sizes and shapes --- tell your salesperson what you are looking for and they will give you a good idea --you never know what will be available ...There are pools all over the place, but I agree --my wife always wanted one --so we searched on 3 visits until we found something that fit a pool (not a giant one but then again she cant swim LOL)

There is a lot and home here for you --what ever budget you have --I believe that !!

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.