Mailbox stickers Reveal Who You Are

Closed Thread
Old 01-13-2022, 05:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,156 Times in 1,919 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtimes View Post
It must be wonderful to be you but for those of us who suffer from dyslexia the stickers are a big help.
Just wondering if you have a flower at the back of the roof of your car.
Old 01-13-2022, 05:52 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdpaq0580 View Post
Imagine going grocery shopping. You park in an empty parking lot. When you come out the lot is full of vehicles same make, model and color as yours and the only difference is the license number. Having a visible sign or indicator would help making your vehicle stand out from all the clones.
That is what those fake flowers are for. Right?
Old 01-13-2022, 06:02 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Curious, who is "you"?
I realize now that many times when people do not quote who they are responding to, they are actually responding to the original poster in the original post. I think that is the case with this post that you responded to.
Old 01-13-2022, 06:22 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
Looong number, going up and down (not the way we usually read), and in my case at the very bottom so you have to bend down to see it, low light in evening even more difficult to read. And then you wonder why people don’t use the number? The Villages is a city now population wise, it is time to get urban door to door delivery, and stop this rural type postal boxes service.
We had a single family home in South Florida for several years, in between Miami and Ft. Lauderdale. The homes were built with gang mailboxes and the gang mail boxes are still in use today. That area was much more populated than The Villages. I don't think it has anything to do with population whether gang mailboxes are assigned to a community.
Old 01-13-2022, 06:27 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,374 Times in 497 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Just wondering if you have a flower at the back of the roof of your car.
My car doesn’t look like every other one on the lot and I do not have to identify it by a number that runs up and down instead of left to right which is challenging enough.
Old 01-13-2022, 10:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Quote:
I realize now that many times when people do not quote who they are responding to, they are actually responding to the original poster in the original post. I think that is the case with this post that you responded to.
You think? Is that a guess?
Old 01-13-2022, 11:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,845 Times in 2,404 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennys37Packard View Post
I totally agree with watch dr. I don’t think the mailbox center is a place I bring guests to show off the beauty of The Villages. It is there for a purpose, that’s all. Riding by on the street they look nice and you don’t notice the stickers. Some people might need something to help their declining memory and mobility find their correct box. Some might like it because it is cute or meaningful to them. It’s not on yours, so get your mail and move on. Don’t get your panties in a bunch. Some people love bumper stickers, some don’t, some antenna tie ones (scrunches or flowers), some not so much, go home read your mail and worry about real problems in life. Go visit a shelter, do help at a senior center, enjoy what little time you have left on this planet, and smell the roses. Live life to your fullest. The clock is ticking people......

If you have to bring them to postal station to show off villages need to get out more often.
Old 01-13-2022, 11:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,845 Times in 2,404 Posts

Quote:
We had a single family home in South Florida for several years, in between Miami and Ft. Lauderdale. The homes were built with gang mailboxes and the gang mail boxes are still in use today. That area was much more populated than The Villages. I don't think it has anything to do with population whether gang mailboxes are assigned to a community.
Please, the word gang offends me.
Old 01-14-2022, 01:41 AM
Default Mailbox stickers

Does anyone know the # on their mailbox? I dont, and when i asked my neighbor to get my mail...all i have to say is its the one with the Marine emblem.
Old 01-14-2022, 08:00 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,537 Times in 1,461 Posts
Default Presumably.

Quote:
That is what those fake flowers are for. Right?
Presumably.
Personally, I don't need a telltale to find my car, but my wife goes to any car of similar body shape and color. To her, it is just something that gets her from point A to point B, and "they all look alike".
Closed Thread

Tags
mailbox, stickers, find, easy, reveal

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.