man collapses on golfcart path at 466A & Canal 0n 3/22 @ aprox. 12:30pm

Closed Thread
Old 03-29-2013, 09:00 PM

So sorry for your loss. Sending prayers to you and yours.
Old 03-29-2013, 09:04 PM
Gold member

I'm so sorry for your families loss.
Old 03-29-2013, 09:30 PM
Gold member

Thoughts and prayers for you and your family.
Old 03-29-2013, 09:50 PM
Sage

I am so very sorry for your loss. Sending positive thoughts to your family during this time. Please let us know if your mother is staying on in The Villages and is there anything we can to for her.
Old 03-29-2013, 10:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Janine, prayers for you and your family. I am so sorry for your loss.
Old 03-29-2013, 10:29 PM

Janine, our condolences to you, your mom and your siblings. Prayers with you all during this difficult time.
Old 03-29-2013, 11:00 PM
Sage

I'm so sorry for your loss! No words can bring comfort but know that folks on TOTV care and there will be prayers for you and your family!!
Old 03-29-2013, 11:29 PM
Location: Ft. Lauderdale - New Castle,PA - Overland Park, KS - Palm Bay, FL - Village of Charlotte

My thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

-Carolyn and Mike
Old 03-30-2013, 06:06 AM
Veteran member

I've been following this post, praying for your father and anxious to hear the outcome. Thank you for letting us all know what happened. If my father dies after having a nice walk in a beautiful place, attended to by kind concerned people, with a loving family surrounding him...well, that would be wonderful. Having lost my mother recently, my thoughts are certainly with you. Blessings to your family.
Old 03-30-2013, 07:15 AM
KatieDidNot

I am so sorry for your loss. Your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.
Katie
Old 03-30-2013, 05:43 PM
Gold member

Janine W. We are so sorry for the loss of your father. We were there that day and know that he wasn't there long before somebody found him and started CPR. It seemed like he didn't suffer any pain. We did wonder what had happened after he was taken away by EMS thank you for letting us know.

Nothing so needs reforming as other peoples habits. "Mark Twain"
Old 03-31-2013, 08:09 AM

So sorry for your loss! It reminds my of my grand mothers passing years ago. It was just 2 days after her 87th birthday, She spent the previous day with sveral nieces and family. Then went to her church senior club and had a birthday party that morning, my Dad picked her up and that afternoon she was with sveral other relatives talking about the good times! When I got off work we all went out for a great dinner. She commented how happy she was to have such great family and friends to spend time with. Then not more then 10 minutes later in the back seat of my dad's car, which she loved that caddilac so much, God called her to his side! She had a massive heart attack but like your father she was with true friends and family when she past doing everything she enjoyed!

Please cherish the time you still have to spend with your mother. I feel so blessed that that God has given me this time now in my retirement to still enjoy every minute with my now 88 year old parents right here in The Villages. I added an addtion for them and now they to are thrilled to be here in this great community.

Again take care of your mom and God Bless you and your families.
Old 03-31-2013, 02:29 PM
Default Many Blessing for your family

May God bless your family and support you in this difficult time.

As others have mentioned, I am reminded of my own father's passing. He just dropped dead in the company of my mother while there were returning a rental car after a wonderful train ride from Louisiana to Maryland to visit me and my children. Through the kindness of strangers (the employees in the rental car office who administered CPR) a heartbeat was restored. We let him go 22 hours later at the hospital, but in those 22 hours he was surrounded by family and friends and we were able to say goodbye. This was a while ago and we were only allowed two at a time in the room with him. Everyone came out saying that even though they spoke words of comfort to him that he did not respond. I went in the room with our priest and just started asking him questions. He responded, not with words as the medical equipment prevented him from speaking, but he responded, so I know that he heard us and knew that we were there.

I am sure that your father knew that you were there too and took great comfort from that. So, once again may God give you comfort during this difficult time and may God also bless the strangers who helped him allowing your family the time to be with him at the end.
Old 04-02-2013, 02:00 PM

Janine, we are so very sorry for your loss. My husband and I have talked about your father often since that day wondering about the outcome and hoping his family was able to be with him in time. I'm so glad he passed surrounded by family and love. Our thoughts and prayers are with you in the days ahead. There was an item that belonged to your father that I forgot to hand to the paramedics. We took it to the fire station later that day. I just want to be sure you received it. Please feel free to email me directly if you need any further information.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.