Market Night Vendor Doesn't Like Villagers

Closed Thread
Old 02-06-2014, 10:48 AM
Default Market Night Vendor Doesn't Like Villagers

This past Tuesday, we took our guests to Lake Sumter's Market Night. My guest suggested to the vendor who sells trivet baskets that it would be good to open a product up so that the people could see what the item looked like. The vendor said: "Do you know where you are? You are in the Villages-a golfing community with a drinking problem. If I open the items up, they will wreck them." I have contacted the Entertainment Department and they said they will deal with the problem. I feel that people like this can do a lot of harm to the image of our community.
Old 02-06-2014, 11:06 AM
Platinum member

Folks should let this vendor know of the reputation he is building on TOTV. It is unfortunate that there seems to always be one bad apple in the bushel.
Old 02-06-2014, 11:07 AM
Soaring Eagle member

I was behind someone in a golf cart yesterday who had that saying on his license plate. Just saying.
Old 02-06-2014, 12:14 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Critical Thinker?

Some people just don't do "critical thinking" well at all. Without The Villagers, there is no market night, hence no opportunity to sell.

Also, if ALL Villagers were drunks there would be a marked shortage of bar stools year round.

If ALL Villagers are such drunks, then why do 98% of all Tri-County DUI arrests involve non-villagers?

People that think like this vendor and perpetuate misconceptions like this vendor are generally very unhappy under-achievers who find it easier to hide from their own responsibilities while shotgunning blame at everyone else.
Old 02-06-2014, 12:46 PM
Veteran member

Maybe....just maybe...the guy was trying to be humorous?? Still, he then should have opened one. (I know...my husband always says I take up for the other guy.... )
Old 02-06-2014, 01:05 PM
Sage

Lovey - was wondering the same thing. I would have laughed if he said this and convinced him to open one up.
Old 02-06-2014, 01:10 PM
Sage

Sorry I miss his comment. I was at the gym.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 02-06-2014, 01:13 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,332 Times in 553 Posts
Default Inappropriate Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indydealmaker View Post
Some people just don't do "critical thinking" well at all. Without The Villagers, there is no market night, hence no opportunity to sell.

Also, if ALL Villagers were drunks there would be a marked shortage of bar stools year round.

If ALL Villagers are such drunks, then why do 98% of all Tri-County DUI arrests involve non-villagers?

People that think like this vendor and perpetuate misconceptions like this vendor are generally very unhappy under-achievers who find it easier to hide from their own responsibilities while shotgunning blame at everyone else.
I agree most Villagers are not drunks. But in all honesty, I've seen a number of people on the Squares that obviously had too much to drink. Maybe we are smart enough to have a designated driver.

Two or three drinks can get you a DUI. Unless you have an accident the police seem to pretty much leave us Villagers alone. Has there been a DUI "sting operation" within TV?

Maybe the vendor was trying to be funny----maybe not. At any rate, it was an inappropriate remark for a business person to make.
Old 02-06-2014, 01:17 PM
Gold member

I'll drink to that.
Old 02-06-2014, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovey2 View Post
Maybe....just maybe...the guy was trying to be humorous?? Still, he then should have opened one. (I know...my husband always says I take up for the other guy.... )
Thank you. I may have the same sense of humor.
Old 02-06-2014, 01:36 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey100 View Post
I was behind someone in a golf cart yesterday who had that saying on his license plate. Just saying.
That bumper sticker probably said "a drinking community with a golf problem".
Old 02-06-2014, 01:46 PM

Maybe he got it backwards should be a drinking community with a golf problem
Old 02-06-2014, 01:51 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indydealmaker View Post

Indy: Schools long ago stopped teaching students critical thinking and instead taught them to emote that is why so many people believe name calling is their argument. Universities substituted the classic in humanities for Gender/Race sexual Diversity programs.
Old 02-06-2014, 01:53 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
I agree most Villagers are not drunks. But in all honesty, I've seen a number of people on the Squares that obviously had too much to drink. Maybe we are smart enough to have a designated driver.

Two or three drinks can get you a DUI. Unless you have an accident the police seem to pretty much leave us Villagers alone. Has there been a DUI "sting operation" within TV?

Maybe the vendor was trying to be funny----maybe not. At any rate, it was an inappropriate remark for a business person to make.
Justjim remember that some of the people on the squares do not live in TV
Old 02-06-2014, 01:55 PM
Gold member

How could that vendor have said that??

I've NEVER said anything inappropriate!!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.