Mental "Reservations" About TV? If you had any, how'd they work out?

Closed Thread
Old 03-04-2020, 11:11 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,668 Times in 529 Posts

Once you move and live here you can't wait until the snowbirds leave.
Steve
Old 03-05-2020, 07:08 AM

we just moved here as well and I think WHERE you move makes a little bit of a difference. We moved into an older, established community and are finding that most of our neighbors are in their 80s (makes sense...the homes in my village were built in 2000-2001 and they are original home owners). We are starting to make friends and join activities that we were interested in. My concern is that there will be less activity up north (north of 466) when the Morse family is concentrating on the newest expansion areas south of 44. However its all what you make it and the neighborhood is starting to turn around as the neighbors move into assisted living, etc. I love how our block has mature landscaping and is close to shopping and the 2 market squares.

Some of our activities take us to rec centers far south but there is talk of a new one coming up north
Old 03-05-2020, 07:02 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulUnderwood View Post
Remember this life is what YOU make it. You give some people a gold brick and all they do is bitch that it's heavy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
Is it O.K. with you if I use your line? That saying just about wrap's up 90% of the concerns that most people have.
Ah shucks you beat me to it. I was going to appropriate that line as mine!
Old 03-06-2020, 04:44 PM

Move here now. Don't wait.
Old 03-06-2020, 06:15 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,687 Times in 973 Posts

The Mrs. and I, after decades of hard work, planning, and dreaming, have a house on a lake up north. We love it there from May, through October. We are snowbird renters. That's the bottom rung of the social ladder here, I know. If we did not have our roots so deeply set up north, between the lake, and the kids and grandkids, we would buy here in a heartbeat.
Old 03-08-2020, 11:38 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by betsyturner2 View Post
There is a wonderful couple on YouTube called Jerry and Linda (The Newcomers). We are just snowbirds but I watched all of their videos before we came. They have been here a little over a year now. They are sooooo informative. I learned sooo much and they are delightful to listen to.
Don't forget to watch Skip Smith also!
Snow Flake until I retire
Old 03-08-2020, 01:53 PM
Veteran member

You had better hurry. TV is turning into just like your place in Texas. This Winter there seems to be twice as many golf carts, cars, traffic.
Old 03-08-2020, 01:55 PM
Veteran member

As a full time resident we don't mind you leaving for the Summer at all. TV is a different place for a few Months at least.
Old 03-08-2020, 04:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by J1ceasar View Post
Why do you think there are so many who drink to excess here ?
If they are "drinking to excess" they have ALWAYS had the tendency to drink to excess. You do not just start drinking, it's a lifetime habit controlled by having to get up and work, after retiring (if the need to drink is there) you have no reason to stay sober.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 03-08-2020, 04:59 PM

Love it or hate it..I can promise you wont be bored!
Old 03-08-2020, 05:10 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by B767drvr View Post
A small handful of years away from retirement (or one bad day at work!)... Curious for a perspective from newcomers, or actually any villager I suppose, how your pre-move mental reservations about life in TV lined up with what you've experienced after moving? Is it what you thought or hoped for? Were your mental "reservations" confirmed or proven otherwise?

"Our" perspective would be from a mid 50's couple... healthy, active, very social, love to travel the world. MY personal retirement FEAR is boredom, and not living a full, active life in retirement. We'd both like to keep busy and give back /volunteer where and when able. (No grands yet as our kids are only in their early 20's.)

We appreciate any insight anyone would care to share. Thanks...
For me personally, it is everything I could have hoped for and more. Most people will say TV is better run and nicer than where they came from. IMHO

You haven't indicated if you ever came for a visit. You would have to see TV to fully appreciate it's beauty and myriad of things to do. It's a feeling you get when you are here! I wish I was able to move here after I first saw TV, (long story).

You would have a lot of opportunities to volunteer if you so wish. As far as being in your fifties, my close friends are around 60 and they can't keep up with me and I'm in my 70's. There are 2,000 to 3,000 clubs you can join.

To be balanced, it does get crowded during snowbird season but one learns to adjust, As far as grumpy people, "I don't let anyone rent space in my head".

I have a medical advantage plan so I can go to MVP free of charge, as my plan pays for it. Everyone's situation is unique. There are a lot of activities that are available through your amenity fee.

TV isn't perfect but it is darn close!!!

You owe it to yourself and your wife to visit this wonderful place as no words can really describe it.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Closed Thread

Tags
mental, retirement, reservations, life, perspective

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.