Mint mobile

Old 05-18-2024, 05:07 AM
Veteran member

Consumer Cellular is the way to go
Old 05-18-2024, 05:27 AM

I’ve been using Visible, a Verizon Wireless company for about 3 years. All in plans start at $25. They just began a yearly subscription with once per year billing with about a 27% savings off the monthly plans. Works well for me. If your watch has cellular service you can add it to your original phone number for only $5 additional per month
Old 05-18-2024, 05:43 AM

As a former Verizon customer for over 20 years, I switched to Mint 2 years ago and am completely satisfied. I get 5G (low band) or LTE coverage throughout most of The Villages. No issues with connections while driving or using cellular data for my GPS/Navigation using Apple Car Play while driving.

I opted for the $20 per month plan which gets me 15 GB of data each month. Pre-pay 1 year in order to get the most favorable price plan,

They also offer international calling plans in 1 day or 7 day bundles for a fixed fee and that you pre-purchase and can activate on demand using the Mint App on your phone.

You can also turn on the wi-fi calling feature in your account so that when you’re connected to wi-fi, you can make and receive calls using your network instead of relying on the local cell strength.

Overall, I’m very pleased and will be renewing again this year.
Old 05-18-2024, 06:10 AM

I switched to Mint Mobile three years ago and I am very happy with the service. I live in The Villages and travel to the New York area often and have had no service problems whatsoever. I pay $15 a month and I have five gig of data unlimited, talk and text highly recommended.
Old 05-18-2024, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob04090 View Post
Does anyone have Mint Mobile? If so, how is the coverage? They are WAY less expensive than Verizon. So is Spectrum and Xfinity. I've been with Verizon for over 10 years and they keep raising my rates and are 1/3 higher.
We were with Xfinity for many years and the cell service was fine but the customer service was a nightmare when we switched our internet/tv/cell over to Spectrum. Spectrum customer service is actually pretty good. So for $29 a month we get UNLIMITED talk/text and data. We only use a lot of data when we are traveling but it’s nice to know that we will not get charged for it. They are on the Verizon towers also. If you have a tablet you can get online with it by using your cell phone as a router and that comes in handy! Run don’t walk from Verizon
Old 05-18-2024, 06:29 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,360 Times in 619 Posts

Quote:
Does anyone have Mint Mobile? If so, how is the coverage? They are WAY less expensive than Verizon. So is Spectrum and Xfinity. I've been with Verizon for over 10 years and they keep raising my rates and are 1/3 higher.
I recommend trying it and seeing for yourself. You can get three months for $45. They also have a 7 day money back guarantee.

All of our full phone plans and See for Yourself Kits feature a 7-Day Money Back Guarantee for all purchases made on mintmobile.com or using the app. You can cancel your wireless phone plan service for any reason within 7 days of activation and we will refund you 100% of the purchase price, including any fees and taxes. Shipping is not refunded.
Old 05-18-2024, 07:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,686 Times in 3,174 Posts

We overpay for a legacy AT&T plan. The upside - it works almost everywhere in the country, almost all the time, with very few exceptions. The downside - it's an overpriced legacy plan with just 6gb data per month with two lines.

The reason we don't pay less for an unlimited plan: hubby doesn't like change. He's had this AT&T plan since before I ever bought my own smartphone (I had a flip phone that I hated using), and he'll die with this plan if it continues to exist when it's his time to go. If it was up to me I'd still have AT&T but I'd switch to a cheaper unlimited plan.
Old 05-18-2024, 08:21 AM

I switched to the t mobile senior plan and love it. I travel the U.S. and internationally and have service everywhere at great price. Check them out.
Old 05-18-2024, 08:30 AM
Veteran member

Mint mobile is $240 a year and we love it. Even works internationally with reasonable plans. Coverage is excellent especially in TV. I highly recommend it.
Snow Flake until I retire
Old 05-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Default Mint Mobile

I’ve been with Mint for three years now. Terrific. Coverage is great, cost is $15 per month, paid annually. Actually due next month, $200.78.
Old 05-18-2024, 09:39 AM

Quote:
I transitioned my husband and me to Mint Mobile about 4 months ago and we love it. No problems whatsoever with coverage or searching for something in stores, e.g. Home Depot. We have to use navigation sometimes and it works beautifully. I have prepaid for the both of us for a year in order to get the $15/mo rate. We were with comcast and their “service” was horrible. Just so you know, Mint was recently acquired by T-Mobile and had been using T-Mobile towers for their service prior to acquisition. Personally, I don’t think you can go wrong with Mint.
Old 05-18-2024, 09:45 AM
Veteran member

Mint Mobile is deprioritized so at times of congestion you will be throttled. This is the only caveat and why it's cheaper.
Old 05-18-2024, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGibson View Post
Mint Mobile is deprioritized so at times of congestion you will be throttled. This is the only caveat and why it's cheaper.
There are other reasons as well, such as quality of customer service with technical problems. YMMV.
Old 05-18-2024, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
I use Xfinity Mobile, which uses the Verizon cellular network. For $20 per month, I get unlimited calls and texts, and 1GB of data which I have never exceeded. Mint Mobile uses the T-Mobile network. Every independent review I have read within the past 20 years or so has rated Verizon as the best cellular network for coverage, so why use any other network? There are several cell phone carriers who offer the Verizon network. I don't know why the other networks cannot catch up to Verizon, but they can't.
Verizon kept raising my rates every year too, so abourt 1 1/2 years ago Xfinity offered a 24 month $50 fee on my 1Gig internet setup if I switched my two phone lines over to them. Got unlimited data and talk and the cell bill was 2/3 of what I was paying with Verizon. Love Xfinity...but when thetwo years is up on the $50 internet monthly bill I will have to negotiate again I'm sure.
Old 05-19-2024, 08:56 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinner1001 View Post
There are other reasons as well, such as quality of customer service with technical problems. YMMV.
You're right I should have said one of the caveats.

I wouldn't trust my one and only phone to some bottom tier service to save a few bucks.

Tags
mint, mobile, verizon, 1/3, rates

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.