More new houses near 466...

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
  #31  
Old 02-10-2011, 08:58 AM
Army Guy's Avatar
Army Guy Army Guy is offline
Gold member
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Retired and living fulltime in The Village of Bonita!
Posts: 1,036
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by English Ivy View Post
I wonder if the people in the homes in Duval that back up to Flagler Plaza know what's coming in their backyards? There is a concrete wall that separates the area but it's sure not going to hide a two story building.

Also thought it was interesting that when I "Googled" the name of the developer for this project "GTMJ Investment Group", guess where it led me back to ... 1020 Lake Sumter Landing The Villages FL, the address for the developer and all their aliases.
Another reason why when we were looking to buy, we only wanted to look at villas with established things already built around it. No surprises that way!

Army Guy
__________________
Scouts Out!!!!
NJ, PA, NC, AL, Germany, etc, etc and finally The Village of Bonita.
  #32  
Old 02-10-2011, 09:30 AM
Chopper Chopper is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: St. Charles
Posts: 181
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Since Flagler Plaza was to be a commercial development, probably with several stores, I would think that the Villages Assisted Living Facility would be preferable. There should be a lot less noise and automobile activity in the area. I think if our home backed up to that wall, I would prefer the assisted living facility.

If you look at the preliminary plans for the assisted living facility, there is still a large area of Flagler Plaza to be developed. Maybe it will turn out be be used for some additional medical facilities such as doctor offices. Only time will tell.
  #33  
Old 02-10-2011, 10:21 AM
spk7951's Avatar
spk7951 spk7951 is offline
Gold member
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,244
Thanks: 5
Thanked 17 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopper View Post
Since Flagler Plaza was to be a commercial development, probably with several stores, I would think that the Villages Assisted Living Facility would be preferable. There should be a lot less noise and automobile activity in the area. I think if our home backed up to that wall, I would prefer the assisted living facility.

If you look at the preliminary plans for the assisted living facility, there is still a large area of Flagler Plaza to be developed. Maybe it will turn out be be used for some additional medical facilities such as doctor offices. Only time will tell.
When we first looked at buying in that area we were told that parcel was slated for "professional offices" and not commercial. But the county currently shows it with a use description of "Vacant Residential".
  #34  
Old 02-10-2011, 10:23 AM
Army Guy's Avatar
Army Guy Army Guy is offline
Gold member
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Retired and living fulltime in The Village of Bonita!
Posts: 1,036
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Chopper, I understand but, there is a big downside to that also. They just built a new Assisted Living not far from our Alabama home, and the people around it hate it! First, all the high intensity lights outside and around in the parking lot. Night is now day for them, and the worst is the increase in ambulance noise.

Army Guy
__________________
Scouts Out!!!!
NJ, PA, NC, AL, Germany, etc, etc and finally The Village of Bonita.
  #35  
Old 02-10-2011, 10:46 AM
Chopper Chopper is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: St. Charles
Posts: 181
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Army Guy,

I never thought about about the ambulance noise. That could get to be a bit annoying. As for the lights, I thought any commercial or professional plaza would also have a lot of lighting. Maybe since the entrance is under a canopy in the front, they will not have a lot of intrusive lights toward the rear of the facility. At least the traffic should be less, especially in the evening hours.
  #36  
Old 02-10-2011, 10:54 AM
Bogie Shooter Bogie Shooter is offline
Sage
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 14,898
Thanks: 3
Thanked 1,572 Times in 732 Posts
Default

Ambulance noise should not be that significant of an issue, we all hear sirens night and day.
  #37  
Old 02-10-2011, 06:03 PM
bike42's Avatar
bike42 bike42 is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 464
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Army Guy View Post
They just built a new Assisted Living not far from our Alabama home, and the people around it hate it! First, all the high intensity lights outside and around in the parking lot. Night is now day for them, and the worst is the increase in ambulance noise.
For The Villages-style assisted living facility, go and take a look at Homewood/Freedom Pointe (across from the hospital, between the nursing care facility and the independent living apartments.) It is beautiful, quiet, with the same trees and landscaping we expect everywhere in TV, no bright lights and when ambulances need to come, they do not use sirens.

Don't be a NIMBY -- most of us will need assisted living someday.
  #38  
Old 02-22-2011, 02:54 PM
Army Guy's Avatar
Army Guy Army Guy is offline
Gold member
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Retired and living fulltime in The Village of Bonita!
Posts: 1,036
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bike42 View Post
For The Villages-style assisted living facility, go and take a look at Homewood/Freedom Pointe (across from the hospital, between the nursing care facility and the independent living apartments.) It is beautiful, quiet, with the same trees and landscaping we expect everywhere in TV, no bright lights and when ambulances need to come, they do not use sirens.

Don't be a NIMBY -- most of us will need assisted living someday.
AGREE!

Army Guy
__________________
Scouts Out!!!!
NJ, PA, NC, AL, Germany, etc, etc and finally The Village of Bonita.
  #39  
Old 02-22-2011, 04:03 PM
skip0358's Avatar
skip0358 skip0358 is offline
Soaring Eagle member
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,283
Thanks: 77
Thanked 294 Times in 103 Posts
Default More Houses???

Was up on Morse Blvd by Hacienda Hills Country Club the other day. Noticed survey work going on in the big empty field accross from HHH country club. Don't know but maybe more homes going in. That's another large empty parcel.
__________________
Patchogue, NY; Village of Bonita Sept.09
  #40  
Old 02-22-2011, 04:22 PM
swimdawg's Avatar
swimdawg swimdawg is offline
Veteran member
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Wheatfield, NY - next to Niagara Falls; Village of St. James
Posts: 930
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Indoor pool

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I wonder if

the residents could vote on the issue...

IF the area now used as a Polo Field would remain if the choice was;

A. The current use, A Polo Field and gathering place.
B. An indoor workout area and indoor pool.

Just thought I'd start something...
Bring on that indoor pool. The sooner the better!
  #41  
Old 02-22-2011, 06:27 PM
Mudder Mudder is offline
Gold member
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,429
Thanks: 0
Thanked 16 Times in 13 Posts
Default

an indoor pool is totally unnecessary in this part of Florida. When is it going to be used? Three days in January maybe.
  #42  
Old 02-22-2011, 06:35 PM
barb1191's Avatar
barb1191 barb1191 is offline
Eternal Member
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Polo Ridge
Posts: 1,476
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Send a message via AIM to barb1191
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudder View Post
an indoor pool is totally unnecessary in this part of Florida. When is it going to be used? Three days in January maybe.
How many winters have you spent here in TV?
__________________
Lexington MA, Chelmsford MA, Nashua NH, The Villages, Florida

Most people walk in and out of your life, but FRIENDS leave footprints in your heart.

"Being kind is more important than being right." By Andy Rooney
  #43  
Old 02-22-2011, 06:55 PM
Hancle704 Hancle704 is offline
Gold member
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,227
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Site work on CR 466

Have looked in Daily Sun Construction Updates and see no mention of work at site located on southside of CR 466 just west of the Villages Charter School. any idea about what is being built there?
  #44  
Old 02-22-2011, 07:19 PM
skip0358's Avatar
skip0358 skip0358 is offline
Soaring Eagle member
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,283
Thanks: 77
Thanked 294 Times in 103 Posts
Default Charter School

Heard thru the grapevine it's going to be a pre school.Don't know for certain but I guess it would complete the program. Pre thru graduation. Makes sense.
__________________
Patchogue, NY; Village of Bonita Sept.09
  #45  
Old 02-22-2011, 08:49 PM
Pturner's Avatar
Pturner Pturner is offline
Sage
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 7,066
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I vote for the polo fields. Not that we get a vote.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:08 PM.