Mustang gt owners

Old 05-17-2024, 09:44 PM
Default Mustang gt owners

I am looking for anyone who owns a late model mustang gt with a resonator delete H pipe installed with original mufflers so that I could actually hear how loud it is. I am contemplating putting an h pipe on my 23 gt but don't want it to be too loud. Thanks for any help.
Taught physics and chemistry to teenagers for 37 years!! Started out in Rhinebeck,NY and ended up in Havre de Grace, MD-moved to Buttonwood full time and then moved to Labelle, but still go north to do some goose/deer hunting !!!!
Old 05-18-2024, 05:30 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,839 Times in 1,289 Posts

I'd check on a Mustang forum but suspect the interior drone at cruise RPM could be loud.
Old 05-18-2024, 09:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,366 Times in 2,318 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmemac View Post
I am looking for anyone who owns a late model mustang gt with a resonator delete H pipe installed with original mufflers so that I could actually hear how loud it is. I am contemplating putting an h pipe on my 23 gt but don't want it to be too loud. Thanks for any help.
I cannot help with this specific problem, but I have a 2012 6 cylinder that FLOWMASTER was very helpful in providing a really nice set of very nice sounding mufflers. They were also very helpful for my '66 Mustang, so I would suggest contacting them to see if they have what you are looking for or any experience in this specific application.
Old 05-18-2024, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Check out Corsa Performance as they frequently post videos and audio of their exhaust and H-pipe testing. Their noise cancellation really does work in cancelling the drone at cruising speeds 55-78mph range. CORSA Performance exhaust systems, mufflers, headers and air intakes.
Old 05-18-2024, 01:12 PM

I think the late model Mustang GTs have a loud enough exhaust without modifying them to make them even louder. We have a neighbor with one of these cars and I can tell you what time they leave for work because it wakes me up from a sound sleep at 5:30 AM. If it was any louder it would rattle the windows. I am sure the exhaust is original and unmodified.

Please be considerate of your neighbors if you routinely crank it up during late night or early mornings. Not all Villagers are deaf or nearly so.
Old 05-18-2024, 01:15 PM

Thanks for your responses. Problem is if I listen to videos how do I know what volume to set them at; that is why I am looking for a ride so I get the real feel and sound, some say it's real loud and other say it is not, specially in the car. What some think is loud may not be loud to others; sort of like asking who has the best pizza; if you really want to know go eat some but car parts are a lot more expensive.
Taught physics and chemistry to teenagers for 37 years!! Started out in Rhinebeck,NY and ended up in Havre de Grace, MD-moved to Buttonwood full time and then moved to Labelle, but still go north to do some goose/deer hunting !!!!
Old 05-18-2024, 01:43 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,204 Times in 793 Posts

& the stock exhaust system isn't satisfactory, why?

I've always been baffled by folks who put effort and money into make their automobile or motorcycle louder.

What's the attraction?
Old 05-18-2024, 02:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,366 Times in 2,318 Posts

OP, after rereading your initial post, and the comments, I suggest going to the Flowmaster site, they actually have a sound chart and it is very useful. I completely agree with you about being too loud. While I was building my '66 I installed a JBA exhaust system, headers, 2.5 SS pipes, and "mufflers". This setup was so loud I could not lister to the radio at idle. I found a suitable set of Flowmaster mufflers that are much quieter, but you do know the car is not stock.
Old 05-18-2024, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianL99 View Post
& the stock exhaust system isn't satisfactory, why?

I've always been baffled by folks who put effort and money into make their automobile or motorcycle louder.

What's the attraction?
Obviously you are not a car enthusiast which is ok: also I am not looking to make it louder but am looking to make the tone deeper.
Old 05-18-2024, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
OP, after rereading your initial post, and the comments, I suggest going to the Flowmaster site, they actually have a sound chart and it is very useful. I completely agree with you about being too loud. While I was building my '66 I installed a JBA exhaust system, headers, 2.5 SS pipes, and "mufflers". This setup was so loud I could not lister to the radio at idle. I found a suitable set of Flowmaster mufflers that are much quieter, but you do know the car is not stock.
I am aware of what flowmaster offers but any of it would be more expensive than an H pipe and may not make the sound deeper in nature but I do appreciate the thoughts as you are in tune for what I am looking for, thanks
Old 05-18-2024, 04:51 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Obviously you are not a car enthusiast which is ok: also I am not looking to make it louder but am looking to make the tone deeper.
I have one of my old license plates on my Golf Cart ... it says XKE. I've had 10 of them. I've owned a DetTomaso Pantera, a Bricklin, a Delorean ... 3 GTO's, a Superbird, 6 Corvettes, most every car imaginable and there's a $100K BMW in my garage.

Oh, I've also had 15 different motorcycles, mostly Harley-Davidsons.

I still don't get it. It was a legitimate question.
Old 05-18-2024, 09:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,031 Times in 2,520 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom52 View Post
I think the late model Mustang GTs have a loud enough exhaust without modifying them to make them even louder. We have a neighbor with one of these cars and I can tell you what time they leave for work because it wakes me up from a sound sleep at 5:30 AM. If it was any louder it would rattle the windows. I am sure the exhaust is original and unmodified.

Please be considerate of your neighbors if you routinely crank it up during late night or early mornings. Not all Villagers are deaf or nearly so.
If could be worse, you could live by Harley owner with straight pipes.
Old 05-19-2024, 03:59 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
If could be worse, you could live by Harley owner with straight pipes.
After 20+ years of riding motorcycles, including a short stint as a Motorcycle Safety Foundation instructor, I gave it up.

One reason. I don't want to be associated with the knuckleheads who think increasing the volume of noise they can produce, makes them "cool".

https://youtu.be/ipDmsxQVxIM

https://www.tiktok.com/@officialav2/...92979829689643
Old 05-19-2024, 04:41 AM
Default h pipe

"loud pipes save lives"
Old 05-19-2024, 06:19 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpepper View Post
"loud pipes save lives"

Except the statistics prove otherwise.

Loud Pipes Lose Rights.

Tags
mustang, pipe, loud, putting, contemplating

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.