Narrowing down areas to live in TV: 466A-Buena Vista, Fenny and Moultrie Creek ???

Old 05-09-2024, 05:47 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,884 Times in 1,318 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by margaretmattson View Post
It is the FLORIDA TURNPIKE! There are required provisions needed for travellers and vehicles. IMO, a big truck/service center is not out of the question. How else do you handle thousands of trucks and cars motoring through on a eight-lane turnpike? Fingers crossed, it will be a few miles away from the Villages. But then again, other turnpike necessities may pop up quite close. As an example, expressways were mentioned in the plans for widening.
Huh?

There's already the Turnpike service plaza and two truck service plazas a few miles away at theI 75/Turnpike intersection.
Old 05-09-2024, 05:53 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,324 Times in 573 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coop63 View Post
My wife and I are in the process of making TV our primary residence. I am 60, wife younger, work remotely, retire in next 5 years. Want to be retired day 1 and travel north-west for summers.

Integrating into neighborhood is very important to us. We are fun loving, social, non-drinkers. Not sure that is important for evaluating area (lol)

We have narrowed our choices down to the following areas.

1. 466a-Buena Vista area.
Pro: Vicinity to shopping, golfing, town squares, more established
Con: Is it at peak? Will we be able to integrate into an established neighborhood easily. Roof replacement and remodel costs nearer term. Age compatibility.

2. New home in Moultrie Creek/Shady Brook area.
Pro: Everything new, Equity bump, easier to recoup from picking wrong area. Like the plans for Middleton and Eastport
Con: Living in a proverbial "outpost" for a few years until things build around us. Vicinity to other town squares and shopping. Big Bond.

3. Fenny area.
Pro: Walking trails, nature vibes, between Brownwood and Eastport-Middleton.
Con: Distance to shopping and other amenities

All comments welcome. We have visited the Villages 5 times this winter, looked at street of dreams in Moultrie creek and visited the areas above. Not opposed to other areas, these are the areas that jumped out to us.

Huge fan of the this forum. Thanks in advance to those that reply.
Think this through...Look
at all of the Retirement areas before you choose the Villages!
Old 05-09-2024, 05:56 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altavia View Post
Huh?

There's already the Turnpike service plaza and two truck service plazas a few miles away at theI 75/Turnpike intersection.
I understand this. This is why I said I hope a few miles away. But new development usually means bigger and better. Never say never! Fingers crossed that area is large enough to handle the increased traffic.

A truck/service center was merely given as an example. There are other requirements needed for travellers and vehicles. My point is: we will not know until the widening is completed. But, I will not be surprised if SOMETHING not wanted by Villagers appears. And, CLOSE! In five years I believe the area will be more like Tampa and Orlando. IMO, it has to because of a LARGE population. There are thousands of nonvillagers in this area and MANY MORE to come. Their needs must be met.

Last edited by margaretmattson; 05-09-2024 at 06:17 AM.
Old 06-10-2024, 11:36 AM
Default Turnpike noise

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonTom View Post
Richmond across the street. LOCATION is two minutes to Brownwood square and grocery store. If you ever decide it's not for you the resale will be really good. But it will be very difficult to get one of those homes there will be a lot of people trying. We were in a similar situation and had a really good VLS agent. LOCATION LOCATION
I’ve looked extensively in Richmond And Villages near the Turnpike and I found the traffic noise impossible to live with. I’m just sensitive to this. Any thoughts on traffic noise in Shady Brook area. I’m coming down soon to check out lots there. My most important need is quiet and I know it’s hard to find in the Villages.
Old 06-10-2024, 12:20 PM
Default Shady brook

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2wheelronin View Post
I’ve looked extensively in Richmond And Villages near the Turnpike and I found the traffic noise impossible to live with. I’m just sensitive to this. Any thoughts on traffic noise in Shady Brook area. I’m coming down soon to check out lots there. My most important need is quiet and I know it’s hard to find in the Villages.
We found Shady Brook pretty quiet - still lots of construction going on but not traffic noise or other distrubance. We ended up purchasing in Moultrie Creek because they had the house we wanted at the right price. We wanted a Veranda and they are not available north of 44. The prices per sq ft for pre-owned was significantly higher (even considering the bond and upgrades). Of course real estate is about location. We bought the best we could afford - and I think that's what everyone does.
Just trying to answer your specific question - not participate in TV Civil War (or as Virginians call it The War between the States)
Old 06-10-2024, 12:51 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,454 Times in 1,484 Posts

Quote:
If you want quiet that would be the central sections of The Village of Fenney. Don't forget there is a lot of other road noise that is not related to highways all through TV. Roads like Morse, Buena Vista, Megisson, Marsh Bend, 466, 466A, 44, etc., etc., run through or near just about every village. If you want true peace and quite you will have to isolate yourself in an area somewhere outside of The Villages.
Old 06-10-2024, 06:41 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by margaretmattson View Post
I think you should choose the home that best fits YOUR needs. Being with all newbies IS NOT a reason to buy a home.
The only people that I've heard say this didn't move into a new area.

I know that I would've regretted moving into an established neighborhood. Much easier to meet other people when everyone else is new. Also much younger people which suits my demographic.
Old 06-10-2024, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSteph View Post

I will bet everything I own that the area below 44 will be the heart of The Villages and the center of commerce in the next decade or two
The next DECADE or TWO? You have to have patience of Job to be willing to wait 20 years for decent commercial development.
Old 06-10-2024, 07:32 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChip72 View Post
The only people that I've heard say this didn't move into a new area.

I know that I would've regretted moving into an established neighborhood. Much easier to meet other people when everyone else is new. Also much younger people which suits my demographic.
This is just a myth. People are people wherever you choose to hang your hat.We met most of our friends through the clubs we joined. Our similar interests made "staying friends" much easier. We have a few close friends in our neighborhood. We golf together and enjoy day trips outside of the Villages.

The majority of our neighbors are friendly acquaintances. They have their interests and we have ours. We plan monthly socials or events to keep in touch. Other than that, we all live independent lives.

Last edited by Randall55; 06-10-2024 at 07:59 PM.
Old 06-11-2024, 07:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,217 Times in 1,953 Posts

Quote:
You want quiet? My area is extremely quiet. I'm in the Village of Mallory Square off Morse Blvd and Odell Circle. Just south of 466, we are close to LSL, retail shopping, lots of restaurants, medical buildings and the hospital. Great location.

Tags
areas, area, pro, con, moultrie

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.