Talk of The Villages Florida - Rentals, Entertainment & More
Talk of The Villages Florida - Rentals, Entertainment & More
|
#1
|
||
|
||
|
I'm looking for a new urologist.. someone not affiliated with Advanced Urology Institute in Oxford.. I've been going there for 10yrs or more and it has become a nightmare trying to get thru to anyone.. My original Dr Dersch has retired and the Dr they transfered me to (without asking) is a Dr Williams who also may be leaving AUI .. I've had nothing but problems trying to get a kidney stone procedure done.. I finally was able to have the procedure after several weeks and had problems afterwards and tried for 3 days to get a DR or nurse to call me ... WHAT A NIGHTMARE..
so If anyone has a urologist here in The Villages please forward their name and where their office is.. I tried Center Well in Spanish Springs and was told that they have shut down there urology dept. |
|
|
|
#2
|
||
|
||
|
Quote:
The sentiment about the support services in the above quote however are all too true. Actually medical services seem by and large quite good, but the support services in and around TV seem to rank from barely adequate to absolutely abominable. I was referred to Dr. Rao because of a possible bladder tumor that showed up on a scan. My provider spoke of Dr. Rao as "the best around". I took the referral to the Oxford office and was told rather rudely by one of the women behind the desk that they can't make an appointment without my medical history--which she said takes about three weeks to obtain--and then they'd call me with possible dates and times. This didn't sit well with either me or my wife: we contacted our provider and (miracle of miracles!) we received a phone call that very afternoon with an overly sweet "we'd LOVE to see you in two days: would you prefer morning or afternoon?" And don't even ask about their billing procedures. I received another check from them last week, the third such refund this year of excess copays paid to Advanced Urology for services. Nice to get those checks, but the fact remains that if their billing people performed competently these "mistakes" wouldn't be happening in the first place. Oh...and workarounds are always possible. My wife finagled a phone number that goes direct to (I believe) Dr. Rao's scheduler, thus bypassing the rude incompetents completely. I'll put up with the incompetence and inconveniences because I do believe Dr. Rao is exceptional at his job. That is not to say that I suffer them gladly however. I've filled out several of those post-appointment "reviews" that some contracted third party or other sends out, expressing myself in some pretty blunt language, but nothing about the ancillary services seems to change. |
|
#4
|
||
|
||
|
Village Tinker, could you try again.. I don't see a PM?? Above I clicked on quick links then private messages it says 0 messages in folder ?? |
|
#5
|
||
|
||
|
I recently asked my PCP (whom I trust) to recommend a urologist. I told him that because of previous experience with Advanced Urology Institute in Oxford, I would much prefer somewhere else.
He recommended: Dr. Jason Gerboc, DO AdventHealth Medical Group Urology at Waterman 1210 Waterman Way Tavares, FL 32778 352-343-2364 |
| Reply |
|
|
|