Neighborhood Narcissist

Closed Thread
Old 01-13-2016, 08:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,110 Times in 4,222 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Is squid one of those varmints that count as shellfish? When shellfish and I get together, one of us has to use the epipen and hurry to emergency.

I bet squid is a mollusk. I looked at it in the fish case at Publix. I think you have to grow up eating it. We Germans eat a bunch of other ugly stuff.
Not a shellfish or mollusk---it's a cephalopod---basically a 10 armed octopus, but a lot less "chewy" if prepared correctly. Sprechen sie deutsch? Meine grossmutter ist aus Deutschland.
Old 01-13-2016, 09:01 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,557 Times in 1,930 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Not a shellfish or mollusk---it's a cephalopod---basically a 10 armed octopus, but a lot less "chewy" if prepared correctly. Sprechen sie deutsch? Meine grossmutter ist aus Deutschland.

Both of my paternal grandparents came from Germany.
Old 01-13-2016, 09:17 AM

Thanks for the great laugh!!!
Old 01-13-2016, 09:27 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,367 Times in 2,084 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post
With all due respect Tal, how can a speedo be huge? Think about it, for one, diving would be out of the question.
That is huggggeeeee like with a certain hairstyle challenged person.
Old 01-13-2016, 09:46 AM
Veteran member

This has been an amusing thread to say the least.
Old 01-13-2016, 10:02 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Ja, ich bin ehemahliger Deutschlehrerin.
Old 01-13-2016, 02:53 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,337 Times in 554 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles42 View Post
This has been an amusing thread to say the least.
Well, amusing is one way to put it. Many posts way way off the "subject" but that isn't too unusual for some threads. Perhaps some are like me---don't really know how to respond to the OP. From OP'S description of the neighborhood character, he could be a Narcissist I suppose and for sure sounds like he has a personality disorder.

Hey, I have observed a lot of "weird" people in this old' world. Best to just ignore them (if you can) and go on about your business.
Old 01-13-2016, 03:20 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
Well, amusing is one way to put it. Many posts way way off the "subject" but that isn't too unusual for some threads. Perhaps some are like me---don't really know how to respond to the OP. From OP'S description of the neighborhood character, he could be a Narcissist I suppose and for sure sounds like he has a personality disorder.

Hey, I have observed a lot of "weird" people in this old' world. Best to just ignore them (if you can) and go on about your business.
Or maybe the Midnight Man has lost his pizzazz with the ladies and trying another tactic? Speedos at dawn?
Old 01-13-2016, 03:49 PM
Sage

He doesn't wear speedos-he wears ghetto basket ball shorts
Old 01-13-2016, 03:59 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
He doesn't wear speedos-he wears ghetto basket ball shorts
You started this. Why don't you just man up, approach this guy and tell him what a dork he is and to please conform to community standards. Posting here ain't gonna do sh*t.
Old 01-13-2016, 04:34 PM
Veteran member

Soooooo, let me get this straight. Exercising in the morning with no shirt and laying in your own yard and getting some sun is weird, narcissistic, nutso, crazy, out of your mind, nut case, etc. But taking a dog to a restaurant, pushing a dog around in a buggy, taking a dog to the store, dog in the front seat while spouse is in the back, stealing Sweet n Lo, roping off chairs at the square are all normal behavior???? Oh, and eating supper at 4:30.
Who would have thunk it.....

Dr. Seuss
Old 01-13-2016, 05:05 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbdlfan View Post
Soooooo, let me get this straight. Exercising in the morning with no shirt and laying in your own yard and getting some sun is weird, narcissistic, nutso, crazy, out of your mind, nut case, etc. But taking a dog to a restaurant, pushing a dog around in a buggy, taking a dog to the store, dog in the front seat while spouse is in the back, stealing Sweet n Lo, roping off chairs at the square are all normal behavior???? Oh, and eating supper at 4:30.
Who would have thunk it.....
Actually after watching people in Reno and Las Vegas as well as Phoenix, Minneapolis, Chicago, Tampa, St. Petersburg, and especially San Francisco; the guy in the speedo seems to be quite a tame thing to experience or hear about someone meeting.

My neighbor in Palm Harbor-- a Coast Guard helicopter pilot-- used to buzz the house every so often when he was on duty and off to see if his wife was cheating on him. The whole mess resulted in a divorce. No this was nothing to do with me but I was often in the pool on an mattress probably in a bathing suit. Homes in Palm Harbor had fences. Not ours as we had the pool with the lanai and birdcage.

I have no complaints about people treating their Villages' pets very well.
Closed Thread

Tags
stretched, neighborhood, chested, shorts--bare, front, lawn, sprawled, godly, refers, miami, mike, nut--the, class, position, guy, today, blunt, man, put, grove, narcissist, live, tamarind, exercises, music

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.