new cart prices....... wow

Old 02-13-2024, 05:41 PM
Platinum member
Location: Here, there, a lot of time in the Caribbean and keys, not much time spent in cold climates
Thanked 1,770 Times in 760 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keefelane66 View Post
You made the right choice, kept on walking
Right, LOL, walk or run. Seriously, guess the old "anything the law will allow" applies", put any price on something, and then wait for "offers", same seems to go with houses, stick a price on it and.... when someone offers your bottom line, well !
Old 02-13-2024, 05:50 PM
Platinum member
Location: Here, there, a lot of time in the Caribbean and keys, not much time spent in cold climates
Thanked 1,770 Times in 760 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall55 View Post
Should we all go back to lockdown? Maybe, when we return from the hiatus, the world will be even brighter.

I too, fail to see how we are living better. Moving on, yes!

I am starting to learn Villagers who have just received their 401K disbursement are easy targets. The prices they are willing to pay, without question, astounds me. With the new price of golf carts, I guess I am not the only one who has noticed.
Just guessing but... maybe those villagers who just got their 401distributions ( and never bother reading price tags) have NOT yet reached the age of the Mandatory Required Distribution ? Putting $$ away tax deferred is a real advantage but when it's time to "pay the piper", opens the eyes to the many negative aspects of having a substantial addition to income and all the repercussions of that !
Old 02-13-2024, 06:15 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,556 Times in 423 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by village dreamer View Post
walking past the cart shop in brownwood tonight, a star 4 seat forward ele. for only $27,800. cars dont cost that much with more features.
A lot of people move here and are so infatuated with TV, that they think any business owned by the developers must be good. The fact is, any developer owned business is going to be more expensive. TV insurance, Citizens bank (higher interest rate on mtg), the golf cart stores..... you will pay more. I thinkthat those who are still on the Koolaid high get a warm, fuzzy feeling to pay more for the same product because it says "The Villages" on it.
Old 02-14-2024, 12:10 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shut the front door View Post
A lot of people move here and are so infatuated with TV, that they think any business owned by the developers must be good. The fact is, any developer owned business is going to be more expensive. TV insurance, Citizens bank (higher interest rate on mtg), the golf cart stores..... you will pay more. I thinkthat those who are still on the Koolaid high get a warm, fuzzy feeling to pay more for the same product because it says "The Villages" on it.
My wife's bucket list includes lots of travel. She arranges trips to anywhere USA. Last year, when in TN, we happened to come across a small offroad vehicle shop. They sold some new Yamaha quiet techs. We bought one for a little less than $13,000. Nephew was willing to haul it to Florida in exchange for a room and all he can eat of my wife's cooking. Golf carts do not cost as much in other states. The Villages and surrounding areas are gouging because they know they can. Pretty much the same scenario with most products in the Villages.

I'm waiting for sandwich gouging like in NYC. I nearly fell over when the touted "best burgers in the city" bill for two was $73 without tip. And, don't even get me started on Vegas! If anyone wants to open a $28 burger place, I'm willing to invest. Fries of course, must be $12 a plate. Sodas? $5 (a can, no refills) What is this world coming to?

Last edited by Randall55; 02-14-2024 at 04:26 AM.
Old 02-14-2024, 06:57 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty_Star View Post
What is the range of your Evolution D5? Thanks!
Around 70-75 miles. I live in Phillips Villas - just off Hwy 42 near the VA - as far north and east as you can get in The Villages. I have driven to Southern Oaks (the farthest south championship golf course), played golf, and still had 25% battery left.

Last edited by PoolBrews; 02-27-2024 at 07:44 AM.
Old 02-14-2024, 07:04 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,130 Times in 560 Posts
Default Lazy Shopper

If you buy a cart from The Villages, you are just a plain lazy shopper looking to burn cash. There are plenty of places to buy new and used where you literally save thousands of dollars and many deliver right to your doorstep!

“Everyone may not be good, but there's always something good in everyone. Never judge anyone shortly because every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” - Oscar Wilde
Old 02-14-2024, 07:12 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,030 Times in 4,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Normal View Post
If you buy a cart from The Villages, you are just a plain lazy shopper looking to burn cash. There are plenty of places to buy new and used where you literally save thousands of dollars and many deliver right to your doorstep!
True.

How many of those can service your cart?
How long does it take to get it serviced?
How many give you a free loaner?

There's always a down side to everything.

My wife bought her cart from Carts and Clubs, Ocala. They come out for annual service---if something is wrong, they tow it away (for a fee) and return it some number of days later, no loaner.

I bought mine from Villages Carts, Brownwood. I drive it 1.5 miles for service, get a loaner, and pick it up after they call that it is ready, whether or not it's the same day or not.

Bottom line, you always pay for convenience.
Old 02-14-2024, 07:29 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,133 Times in 1,356 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
True.

My wife bought her cart from Carts and Clubs, Ocala. They come out for annual service---if something is wrong, they tow it away (for a fee) and return it some number of days later, no loaner.

I bought mine from Villages Carts, Brownwood. I drive it 1.5 miles for service, get a loaner, and pick it up after they call that it is ready, whether or not it's the same day or not.

The after purchase care is worth a lot. I have bought several carts from Village Carts and they are always there to help.
Old 02-14-2024, 07:30 AM
Gold member
Default 2 Cart

Quote:
True.

If you live in a 2 cart home, all that doesn’t really matter. The Cart Guy is usually out within a day or two.

“Everyone may not be good, but there's always something good in everyone. Never judge anyone shortly because every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” - Oscar Wilde
Old 02-14-2024, 07:33 AM
Sage

Quote:
If you live in a 2 cart home, all that doesn’t really matter. The Cart Guy is usually out within a day or two.
It matters if you have tee times with different groups on different courses at the same time.
Old 02-14-2024, 07:40 AM
Gold member
Default Not for Us

Quote:
It matters if you have tee times with different groups on different courses at the same time.
Not really for us. We usually buddy up and ride two to a cart. If I don’t want to drive, one of my friends is more than willing. Cart repair service is annual and cost a whole lot less than the thousands extra to buy a cart in the villages. We almost always golf foursomes this time of year.

Old 02-14-2024, 07:40 AM

Quote:
True.

How much service do these things really require? Maybe change the 8 oz of oil every year or so, thats about it. What else is needed?
Old 02-14-2024, 07:43 AM
Gold member
Default Exactly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbb View Post
How much service do these things really require? Maybe change the 8 oz of oil every year or so, thats about it. What else is needed?
Exactly and the cart repair can be done right at your home. You drive nowhere.

Old 02-14-2024, 07:53 AM
Sage

Quote:
Quote:
Not really for us. We usually buddy up and ride two to a cart. If I don’t want to drive, one of my friends is more than willing. Cart repair service is annual and cost a whole lot less than the thousands extra to buy a cart in the villages. We almost always golf foursomes this time of year.
Quote:
Quote:
Exactly and the cart repair can be done right at your home. You drive nowhere.
So typical on TOTV

One poster owns 2 carts from the two vendors in question and deals with the purchase price and after market service on a regular basis. Then others jump in and offer an "opinion", based on what???? Speculation? Hearsay? Fantasy?????

Unless someone who owns the two carts from the two different vendors wants to chime in, the rest of those opinions mean NOTHING.
Old 02-14-2024, 08:09 AM
Sage

The maintenance schedule is in your owner's manual. If you don't have a hard copy then you can find it on-line. For Yamaha gas carts, the most popular in The Villages, it actually takes a quart of oil (10 mins to change, most of that time is waiting for it to fully drain). If you are driving around with 8 ozs of oil, you won't be driving around for very long ;-) Regarding frequency of oil changes, it depends on how much you use your cart (see your owner's manual).

Regarding what else is needed for a Yamaha, here is a sample:

-lube the clutches (2 mins)
-check belts for wear and replace when needed (varies)
-replace air filters (not as frequently as you would think, 2 mins)
-replace spark plug (not as frequently as you would think, 2 mins)
-check free play in brake cable (2 mins)
-change differential fluid (10 mins)
-check front end toe (2 mins )
-etc.

These things are actually easy to do yourself.

Quote:

Last edited by biker1; 02-14-2024 at 08:31 AM.

Tags
cart, cost, cars, $27, 800, ele

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.