New Construction Update Video

Closed Thread
Old 03-06-2020, 08:42 AM

Great video GoldWingNut! Coming to TV in about a week and that is the exact area we wanted to see. Very enlightening. Thanks!
Old 03-06-2020, 08:44 AM
Default All Trump's fault

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldwingnut View Post
Yes, perhaps vague may not have been the most accurate of words to use. Certainly there is a lack of transparency and forthrightness about the schedule changes. The January 2020 was clearly an advertising push, then to slide in the back handed announcement of April/May was an "oh by the way", a month ago it was the bridges would be "set" in 2020 (the Brownwood bridge has been set since Aug 22 2019) was a deliberate choice of words for appeasement, last weeks announcement is as stated above not that the connectivity will be in place, only that the bridges would be done. All made with carefully chosen words if one listens, and never making a commitment.

I could talk at length of the carefully planned building of the 2nd Warm Springs span over the turnpike, its timing and the timing of pushing for improvement of the US301 exit , subsequent reclaiming of the donated land for the exit, and then rapidly submitted permitting for the current work on all 4 corners forever ending the exit debate. This was all a very carefully played game of chess for which The Villages are Grand Masters of the game.

The connecting to Brownwood is obviously an unavoidable problem for them now, but using the Warm Springs bridge as I've described quickly puts to rest the "Connectivity" issue. You can get to Brownwood from Rohan via Morse-Hillsborough Trail-Buena Vista, but it may add a few minutes to the trip.

A final thought, does it make sense that they would put two shopping and commercial areas so close (opposite side of the turnpike) and then require a huge detour just to get across the turnpike. From Magnolia Plaza to the Water Lily bridge then back to Warm Springs Avenue is the equivalent distance of trying to cross 466 at Laurel Manner to get to the Saddlebrook course by going all the way down to the High School and crossing and then coming back. Or going south to the Baxley bridge is like trying to cross 466 at Morse by going down to Bob Evans West of Buena Vista and back. Neither route seems a viable option and connectivity as I've proposed is a logical conclusion that avoids these protracted detours.

We shall see what time brings, if it happens then you know where you heard it first. If it doesn't then I'm wrong, but don't tell my wife or I'll never live it down.
Don - just keep doing what you do! Thank you for the postings - it takes a lot of work to put these packages together.
Old 03-06-2020, 09:09 AM
Default Bridge

Is the lane on the Warm Springs bridge wide enough for 2 golf carts to pass side by side?
Old 03-06-2020, 09:30 AM

Thank you for all the work you put in making/posting your videos, I find them informative & interesting. I read recently that DR Horton homes are not good quality building. If this is correct, I’m surprised TV allows this builder to continue building. Opinions?
Old 03-06-2020, 10:33 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,511 Times in 710 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MollyJo View Post
Thank you for all the work you put in making/posting your videos, I find them informative & interesting. I read recently that DR Horton homes are not good quality building. If this is correct, I’m surprised TV allows this builder to continue building. Opinions?
DR Horton has been around for may years here in Florida, I've looked at many of their homes in communities around central Florida over the last 14 years and have never seen anything that would indicate poor quality work or materials. When I visited the property on Sunday I walked the homes under construction and saw no issues in the construction (yes I think I'm qualified to make such an assessment after 20 years in the construction business as a project manager). One difference I did notice was that they do not use metal studs in the walls, all the framing is done with wood 2x4 or 2x6 studs, The Villages makes extensive use of metal studs in most of their home construction. Both materials have their pluses and minuses but nothing that would make for superior construction.

The Villages has nothing to do with the construction of the homes in the Beaumont development or by DR Homes, it is a completely separate development.
www.goldwingnut.com
YouTube –YouTube.com/GoldWingnut and YouTube.com/GoldWingnutProductions
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero
Society is produced by our wants, and government by wickedness; the former promotes our happiness positively by uniting our affections, the latter negatively by restraining our vices. - Thomas Paine, 1/10/1776
Old 03-06-2020, 10:35 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tghoul View Post
Is the lane on the Warm Springs bridge wide enough for 2 golf carts to pass side by side?
In a word, yes.

The available space is greater than that used to cross Lake Sumter at LSL. I'm going out this weekend with tape measure in hand to measure both crossings to have the exact numbers for a comparison.
www.goldwingnut.com
Society is produced by our wants, and government by wickedness; the former promotes our happiness positively by uniting our affections, the latter negatively by restraining our vices. - Thomas Paine, 1/10/1776
Old 03-06-2020, 12:42 PM

Thanks so much for sharing! It was very educational for me. I've lived in the Village of Largo since 2006 and had no idea how expansive this really is.
Old 03-06-2020, 12:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
In a word, yes.

The available space is greater than that used to cross Lake Sumter at LSL. I'm going out this weekend with tape measure in hand to measure both crossings to have the exact numbers for a comparison.
That's not real comforting, as I consider myself a very skillful driver...and still hate that bridge.

Having Curtis Cab doors doesn't help and I always make sure both are closed...before crossing.

Will be anxious to hear the actual measurements/comparisons.
Old 03-07-2020, 03:13 PM

I was shock at the cost of having a water view $150,000/$200,000 just for the lot. Its not like your buying lake front property you can use. Its a large retention pond. I guess its in the eye of the beholder.
Old 03-07-2020, 04:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,354 Times in 2,392 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave2000 View Post
I was shock at the cost of having a water view $150,000/$200,000 just for the lot. Its not like your buying lake front property you can use. Its a large retention pond. I guess its in the eye of the beholder.
Not new. Lots north of 466A were sold in that range back as far as 2005.
Old 03-07-2020, 06:10 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,224 Times in 929 Posts

I don't want to be driving a golf cart on Warm Springs even in a designated cart lane. I drive on that road multiple times a day and there some drivers who are total idiots with their excessive speed, lane changing to get ahead of just one car, and tailgating. I have been passed by people traveling at 60 - 70 MPH.
Old 03-08-2020, 11:32 AM
Veteran member
Wink

Quote:
In a word, yes.

Great idea Goldwingnut! Even if it is not, you could get around that issue by having Stop lights on each end and having it be one lane, just switching every 5 minutes or so. It kind of amazes me that TV has not announced that option and gone with it. It is so obvious.
Snow Flake until I retire
Old 03-09-2020, 09:46 AM

Some new activity near Water Lily Rec Center side of the Turnpike bridge:

There's now a huge crane in place near where the bridge mounting structure will be located on south side of the Turnpike. Perhaps this is a positive sign that something is happening.

There's been another crane parked farther east on the north side of the Turnpike.
Old 03-09-2020, 09:44 PM
Platinum member

Here's a link to the followup video with the measurements and more details on my connectivity theory.

My Connectivity Theory 3-9-20 - YouTube
www.goldwingnut.com
Old 03-10-2020, 09:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,741 Times in 1,223 Posts

Excellent analysis Don, I hope you are right.

Interesting to see all the work on the golf cart tunnels at that location, hopefully another positive indicator for your theory.
Closed Thread

Tags
construction, villages, including, video, update

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.