New COVID guidelines from CDC - Maybe 2021

Closed Thread
Old 05-14-2021, 11:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LianneMigiano View Post
By The Associated Press
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. — New York Yankees shortstop Gleyber Torres tested positive for Covid-19 despite being fully vaccinated and having previously contracted the coronavirus during the offseason.

Torres is among eight so-called breakthrough positives among the Yankees — people who tested positive despite being fully vaccinated.
And 4 of my neighbors left for a trip last week, all fully vaccinated, and 3 of the 4 tested positive, nobody sick, went to another site and tested negative. This either means the test does (and always has) sucked, or the test is picking up some RNA sequence of the vaccine.(which I doubt). But testing positive if you are not sick pretty much means nothing, especially if you are vaccinated and around others that are also. My mask is OFF unless REQUIRED. Not "requested", not "pretty please" but REQUIRED
Old 05-14-2021, 02:37 PM
Veteran member
Location: Dhahran, Duesseldorf, Hemel Hempstead, Phoenix, Grand Rapids, Washington DC, and now TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
and 4 of my neighbors left for a trip last week, all fully vaccinated, and 3 of the 4 tested positive, nobody sick, went to another site and tested negative. This either means the test does (and always has) sucked, or the test is picking up some rna sequence of the vaccine.(which i doubt). But testing positive if you are not sick pretty much means nothing, especially if you are vaccinated and around others that are also. My mask is off unless required. Not "requested", not "pretty please" but required

yes !
Old 05-14-2021, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donassaid View Post
Welcome back to living. We have been dining out for months, without masks and without the vaccine. I know, I'm one of those ignorant, selfish people who don't buy into the hysteria over a virus with a 99% survival rate.
That 99% survival rate is not necessarily applicable to people with comorbidities (cancer, heart disease, diabetes), who may be dining in that restaurant, too. How about a little consideration for them?
Old 05-14-2021, 07:22 PM
Veteran member
Location: Dhahran, Duesseldorf, Hemel Hempstead, Phoenix, Grand Rapids, Washington DC, and now TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brynnie View Post
That 99% survival rate is not necessarily applicable to people with comorbidities (cancer, heart disease, diabetes), who may be dining in that restaurant, too. How about a little consideration for them?
Really? You know, of you run in front of a truck you might get hit.

So the driver should drive slower just in case someone jumps out?

Ok, anyway, you have to provide for your own health safety. Not I, not the neighbor, nor the guy down the road.

To tell people to wear a mask 'in case' someone who is highly at risk decides to come party is ridiculous.
Old 05-14-2021, 07:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmarkwald View Post
Really? You know, of you run in front of a truck you might get hit.

So the driver should drive slower just in case someone jumps out?

Ok, anyway, you have to provide for your own health safety. Not I, not the neighbor, nor the guy down the road.

To tell people to wear a mask 'in case' someone who is highly at risk decides to come party is ridiculous.
Ok...we got it. You know all. Why do have to post lies and misinformation. Your point was made with do sarcasm, and cut.

Misleading is a symptom.....why not tell the truth

We should tell the world about you......how lucky we are to have your intelligent, empathetic, comments to lead us
Old 05-14-2021, 08:31 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,319 Times in 462 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucco View Post

We should tell the world about you......how lucky we are to have your intelligent, empathetic, comments to lead us
Ya know.....I could say...pot meet kettle.............but I won't.
Old 05-15-2021, 09:39 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley View Post
Ya know.....I could say...pot meet kettle.............but I won't.
The is a distinct difference between empathetic and stupidity.

Read about it
Old 05-15-2021, 09:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

At this point in time since so many of us have been vaccinated my feelings are if the anti-vaxers, non-vaxers and others who just don't care want to run around with their masks off because no one is checking and if they are unlucky enough and get very sick or become flaccid for the rest of their lives that's their concern not mine. If a store requests a mask be worn, whether it matters or not because I was vaccinated, I will do it as a courtesy to those who work there whether it medically means diddly or not. It's simply courtesy. Sometimes what goes around comes around (no pun intended).
Betty White (1922-2021) R.I.P.
Old 05-15-2021, 10:04 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
At this point in time since so many of us have been vaccinated my feelings are if the anti-vaxers, non-vaxers and others who just don't care want to run around with their masks off because no one is checking and if they are unlucky enough and get very sick or become flaccid for the rest of their lives that's their concern not mine. If a store requests a mask be worn, whether it matters or not because I was vaccinated, I will do it as a courtesy to those who work there whether it medically means diddly or not. It's simply courtesy. Sometimes what goes around comes around (no pun intended).
Sorry, but my thoughts are that a store that wants its customers to wear a mask should put out the sign "masks REQUIRED". Being fully vaccinated, I will ignore any sign that simply say "requested" or "please wear". This is NOT rude, like it would be if invited to a house party where the host requests masks be worn, it is a business, and therefore can REQUIRE masks if they so choose.
Old 05-15-2021, 11:24 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Sorry, but my thoughts are that a store that wants its customers to wear a mask should put out the sign "masks REQUIRED". Being fully vaccinated, I will ignore any sign that simply say "requested" or "please wear". This is NOT rude, like it would be if invited to a house party where the host requests masks be worn, it is a business, and therefore can REQUIRE masks if they so choose.
You are correct, technically REQUIRES not REQUESTS. Target still says REQUIRED (as of Today) and we were the last 2 days and 25% were not. Thinking about it though, even if they "request" that generally means they want you to but they don't want to start fights with the tyranny and freedom folks so that's how they wiggle out of confrontation..
Betty White (1922-2021) R.I.P.
Old 05-16-2021, 06:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,319 Times in 501 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brynnie View Post

Why?
Old 05-16-2021, 06:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by donassaid View Post
Welcome back to living. We have been dining out for months, without masks and without the vaccine. I know, I'm one of those ignorant, selfish people who don't buy into the hysteria over a virus with a 99% survival rate.
Maybe so but the 1% might kill ya.
Old 05-16-2021, 06:43 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaguey48 View Post
But, but, but. How do we know who is fully vaccinated? Do we carry a "I'm fully vaccinated" ID card? A arm patch? A decal on our car? How do we know? Ask, maybe? That could get a little uncomfortable.
Yup. You CAN ask. Check it out here............

No, it’s not a HIPAA violation to ask if someone is vaccinated | ABC27
Old 05-16-2021, 06:44 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley View Post
All I see in your avatar is her absolutely gorgeous bewitching eyes.
Old 05-16-2021, 07:23 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmarkwald View Post
Covid is unique in that it resulted in a Pandemic and the death toll is incredibly high. Plus is it very contagious. So they are writing a new set of rulebooks on this.

You are correct about HIPPA. But, it is your choice whether to take part in whatever activity requires you to provide proof. So, the activity is purely optional.

It's interesting you mention vaccinations to visit other countries. I just found my shot record I had to carry everywhere in the past. I couldn't even board the flight with it.

Airlines are responsible for checking vaccination requirements of your destination before you board. I don't see any of that changing. As more and more countries require Covid vaccinations, it will become second nature for travelers to keep their cards with them.

I have read that each state has a depository of vaccination records that can be used. For what I read, this is how cruise lines will check for vaccine compliance, although you WILL have to sign a release form for them to check the state records. So, you may not need the card at that time.

We're still wearing baby shoes and taking baby steps right now!
Is our governor aware of this practice that will be taking place for cruise lines to gain access to our vaccine records? Seems he does not want the cruise lines or any business to check for proof of vaccine. If that is the case, how will Floridians travel to countries that require proof of vaccine? Seems our governor is not a chess player and has no clue what he has proposed with his new law.

Tags
cdc, website, guidelines, daily, administered

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.