New Golf Course and Village

Closed Thread
Old 03-24-2015, 09:12 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

I would assume there is a regular list of "target" properties surrounding TV, some of which will make their owners multi millionaires when the time is right.

Back a few years ago on Rainey Trail (CR 472) their used to be a huge horse farm and show barn complex. It was sold (rumored at $18 million) and is now home to Bridgeport on Lake Miona (or something like That)..

The property is not contiguous to TV roads/MMP's. There is just a crossing and warning signs across CR 472.

Yup. There are more properties yet to come.
Old 03-24-2015, 09:40 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulligan View Post
My money would be on access through the Tamarind Grove pool area for cart traffic. There is plenty of room there for a MM path.
It could definitely be a good access point and all the trees in that area could make a very beautiful golf cart access road.
Old 03-24-2015, 11:12 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,041 Times in 368 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Would that be close to the campus of St.Vincent de Paul Church?
It is very close. The church is on the west side of 462 and Tamarind Grove is on the east side with no access point there. The future development land is just to the south of TG, east of 462 and on the north side of 466A. If you go to Google maps, type in the church name and Wildwood Fl, it will give you a view of the area.
Old 03-24-2015, 11:32 AM
Gold member

Better that the known developers of TV build homes and neighborhoods there, than wait for some other fly-by-night slop artist to build cheap apartments and duplexes with screaming kids and couples fighting in the driveways…..and brainlessly throwing firecrackers and shooting fireworks over your rooftops. That is reality in other places.
Old 03-24-2015, 03:27 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
JP,
WOW you were correct, and please accept my apology, I just saw the article this morning. There have been so many rumors on this site, that what you were saying did not seem to agree with the signs and such. You were right, and I was wrong. Now lets see what the developer comes up with, because golf cart traffic will be a major concern.
VT
Ah, golf cart traffic it won't be major concern for the developer if it was building would have stopped two years ago...as the developer sings "don't cry for me" The Villages
Old 03-24-2015, 04:23 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
One of the big questions will be how the golf cart traffic will be handled. In my humble opinion, I think there are some safety concerns around the new banks and the gas station with the golf carts in the same lanes as automobiles. With a new development (aka Wildwood) going in across 466a, there would need to be some way to cross, either at Powell, or at Pinellas Place. The existing layout does not seem to support golf cart traffic, the multimode roadway ends at the gate on Pinellas Place, and Powell is not designed for golf cart traffic, I hope the Wildwood hearing covers this.

Just my uninformed ramblings and concerns.
I understand your concern but North of 466 there are many miles of non-residential roads with lanes shared by carts and cars. And they have been sharing these common lanes for more than two decades, so it shouldn't bring any new problems. Plenty of room for new MMRT on the north side of 466A. A new tunnel under 462 is not big issue, Powell Rd has had two new ones added in past couple of years.

Growth is great, more to do and see!

The Morse families sure are good at expanding our lifestyle opportunities aren't they! Where would all of us be without their vision and commitment!

Don

Western PA, Marietta GA, finally TV....
Old 03-24-2015, 05:25 PM

Great? Well unless you have someone rope off seats for you so your 9tr old father or disabled husband can see one of the good bands. Or you don't mind standing in line using your precious time waiting for a class. Tee Times�� Big enough already.
Old 03-25-2015, 06:27 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
I just heard, from an extremely good source, that there is going to be a new golf course and village built on the land North of 466a between Buena Vista and Powell Rd. It will be interesting to see how TV "hooks" it into the golf cart path system. Maybe a new golf cart path on the West side of Buena Vista. It will be interesting!

The Developer is closing on a deal for 200 acres near Wildwood. I have information it will be named The Wildwood Villages.
Old 03-25-2015, 06:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren Kiefer View Post
The Developer is closing on a deal for 200 acres near Wildwood. I have information it will be named The Wildwood Villages.
There is another thread on this Warren.

If he didn't someone else would. I'd choose The Morses over all of them.
Old 03-26-2015, 07:55 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,340 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
There is another thread on this Warren.

If he didn't someone else would. I'd choose The Morses over all of them.
You know they will do a great job.
Old 03-26-2015, 08:05 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJUCTH View Post
Great? Well unless you have someone rope off seats for you so your 9tr old father or disabled husband can see one of the good bands. Or you don't mind standing in line using your precious time waiting for a class. Tee Times�� Big enough already.
other places don't offer these alternatives at all. I'm disabled, and despite the fact that sidewalks in the square's are all slanted for drainage and therefore rendered extremely unfriendly for wheelchairs, I still Get my share of entertainment which is not offered elsewhere!

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.