NEW HOME - DID YOU LIKE YOUR LANDSCAPING ?

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Old 09-13-2007, 03:45 PM
Platinum member
Default Re: NEW HOME - DID YOU LIKE YOUR LANDSCAPING ?

Darby:
Thanks for the update on Denver weather. My daughter has lived out there for almost 20 years (mostly Loveland and Fort Collins before Broomfield) and keeps me posted on the changeability of temperatures, humidity, winds, etc.
I'm just glad that I didn't get rid of all my "winter" clothes when I cam here ;D and the new jacket I bought for my trip to Alaska this June may come in handy, too!
S
Old 09-14-2007, 10:17 AM

Feel like I need a commission but we have used A&C Exteriors, 753 3322, for our landspaping and pavers need. We added a golf cart garage and you cannot tell where the "old" one stop and the new ones start and the landscaping is really nice. The owner is personally involved with the placing of plants that have been selected and it really was a good experience.
Old 09-14-2007, 03:47 PM

For the newbees: Just remember this is Central Florida where there is drought and rain, sandy soil and lotsa bugs of all kinds. Take your time in landscaping is my recommendation. See how you feel about the different plants that are NATIVE to the area......... they will certainly be different than those plants you may be used to if you're from the North. Give yourself time so you don't waste it and your money.
Old 09-14-2007, 11:12 PM
Sage

JohnZ, thanks for all that great info on replacing sod with river rock, which is what we intend to do as soon as we can. I also want some short fat palms like Darbyduff, and assume they are OK with a few light frosts?
I didn't mean DD was like a fat palm, I've never met her. Oh, never mind.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.