Talk of The Villages Florida - Rentals, Entertainment & More
Talk of The Villages Florida - Rentals, Entertainment & More
|
#16
|
||
|
||
|
Quote:
Sometimes, AI will summarize information compiled from various sources. In my opinion, that is not the same as "making stuff up". Some posters on this website will make a false statement, and they cannot provide any source for the information. That is making stuff up. Last edited by retiredguy123; Today at 10:37 AM. |
|
|
|
#17
|
||
|
||
|
Quote:
|
|
#18
|
||
|
||
|
Quote:
Quote:
Yes, AI synthesizes more than it fabricates. But to me, synthesis that is guided to make good sentences rather than to make good summaries is only a little better than a random guess. I appreciate the AI summaries that I see at the top of my “google” searches. I use them to get an idea of what I should expect to find and then I begin to look at the pages that were returned to get the real data. AI can be good for pointing in the right direction but the user still needs to dig out the real data or facts.
__________________
Why do people insist on making claims without looking them up first, do they really think no one will check? Proof by emphatic assertion rarely works. Confirmation bias is real; I can find any number of articles that say so. Victor, NY - Randallstown, MD - Yakima, WA - Stevensville, MD - Village of Hillsborough |
| Reply |
|
|
|