North versus South

Closed Thread
Old 10-08-2007, 03:31 PM
Default North versus South

Does anyone know the future development plans of the area south of 466A with regard to golf courses, retail shops, restaurants? Is that area going to be similar to 466 in terms of shopping and restaurants, etc.? We will be moving to TV as soon as our home in NC sells!
Old 10-08-2007, 07:56 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Re: North versus South

HI OUIDA
YES, 466A WILL BE NEARLY A CARBON COPY OF 466. BUT NOW YOU SHOULD SEE WHAT GOING ON ROLLING ACRES RD & 27/441..........MALLS , MALLS AND MORE MALLS...........YOU'LL LOVE IT......
Old 10-08-2007, 08:21 PM
Platinum member

Problem with Rolling Acres is that it is not Golf Cart Accessible. Or am I wrong?
Tampa, FL
Old 10-08-2007, 08:43 PM
Soaring Eagle member

No Avista , thats very true , it is not. That is however unless you very sneaky........(probably not a good idea)
Old 10-08-2007, 08:50 PM
Eternal Member

If you ar talking Rolling Acres Plaza, just go down to the Fiesta bowl and you have access. Is there any other place on Rolling Acres road youwant to go?

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 10-08-2007, 09:11 PM
Gold member

That is correct the new shopping area South of Rolling Acres Road will not be golf cart accessable.

There is a free map that I picked up at the sales center it is call General Area Map. This map shows the area South of 466A. It shows locations of the golf courses, recreation centers, lakes, main streets with names and Brownwood the 3rd town square.

This map also shows a regional recreation center at the roundabout at Buena Vista and Odell Circle and Bailey Trail. This regional recreation center is called Cypress Glenn Regional Recreation Center and is located on the Southwest corner. Also shows 3 executive courses that are now under construction South and West of Jacaranda Golf course which is the 3rd 9 of Cane Garden. Jacaranda is said to be on schedule to open before the 1st of the year. The 3 executive course names are Tarpon Boil, Red Fish Run executive course and Amberjack executive course.

I would think that if you are working with a sales person that they would mail this map to you.

I had heard today that in The Villages from the Southern most part (State Road 44) to to the Northern most part (County Road 42) would be 15 miles. I have set my trip odometer and it is 11 miles from my home in Poinciana to County Road 42.
Old 10-08-2007, 09:46 PM
Eternal Member

It's my understanding that the developer has formulas for the ratio of people to golf courses. They have one hole of golf for every 19 people according to the article in Smart Money magazine last November (google "smart money villages" to see the article). I would assume there are similar formulas for the pools and recreation areas.
One thing I can see in the "middle" section (between 466 and 466A is what I consider a huge improvement in the golf cart roads. I would have to assume there are going to be more improvements in the section below 466A.
I am liking my location in the middle area as I'll be closer to Lake Sumter, and probably equidistant from both Spanish Springs and Brownwood. We'll see.
All in all though, I don't think you can go wrong it's such a well planned and executed community.
Old 10-09-2007, 01:33 PM
Soaring Eagle member

I was told in 2003 that the ratio will be one hole of golf for every 50 homes.....However I'm not sure they haven't changed that ..Seems like a lot more golf holes that that...But whatever it is , its terrific and a great place to live................
Old 10-09-2007, 01:56 PM
Eternal Member

Fumar - here's the Link to the articla I am citing......

http://www.smartmoney.com/mag/index....2006&hpadref=1

And my apologies, the article states one hole for every 90 residents! I must have remembered it phonetically at 19 residents!
Old 10-09-2007, 02:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,131 Times in 417 Posts
Default Number Of Golf Courses

I attended a meeting early in 2007 where the principal speaker was TV Director of Golf. He mentioned that all of the golf courses for the "complete" Villages have been planned. He said the final count would be 12 27-hole championship courses and 35 9-hole executive courses. Most at the meeting were pleasantly surprised in that our current "count" is 9 championship and 22 executive courses. There's still a lot to be built.
Old 10-09-2007, 03:21 PM

Thanks to all of you! The information you provided was invaluable as we plan this big move to TV. Cross your fingers that we sell our home here soon!!!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.