Northern Section of TV

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Old 03-27-2011, 11:04 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfp509 View Post
I live in a patio villa in Merry Oak Villas just inside the Calumet Grove gate. I absolutely love my neighborhood and location. With the new golf cart paths, riding down to the square is so nice and I am near the Publix shopping center and VA facility. I have been here for 8 years and am so happy I chose this neighborhood. Right now there are some great 2 bedroom, 2 bath villas in here for sale. I know you wouldn't be sorry. The streets in here are Charlesfort, Palownia, and Ellerslie Ct - that's what you would see in the listings.
Everyone loves their Village and their Community. Isn't that wonderful? There is no one great Village, and no bad ones either.
Old 03-28-2011, 06:31 AM

Just got back from a visit yesterday! We were in Central Florida for 7 days and spent some time in The Villages. We drove around the neighborhoods, checked out the country clubs and golf club houses..also peeked into a couple of neighborhood rec centers. One of the things both my husband and I were wondering about is how much time a Villager spends in the squares once they have lived in The Villages for awhile. Sounds like once that novelty has worn out, the less you go. That is what we were thinking also. To me, that means finding a house close to the squares is not as important as one might think. Possibly, a home centrally located to a couple of golf courses would work for us. We really gained some useful info on this trip and can't wait to go down again!
By the way...we ate at Glenview, Havanna and Mallory and have no complaints about any of them. Would frequent them all for sure!
Old 03-28-2011, 07:07 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeBarb View Post
Just got back from a visit yesterday! We were in Central Florida for 7 days and spent some time in The Villages. We drove around the neighborhoods, checked out the country clubs and golf club houses..also peeked into a couple of neighborhood rec centers. One of the things both my husband and I were wondering about is how much time a Villager spends in the squares once they have lived in The Villages for awhile. Sounds like once that novelty has worn out, the less you go. That is what we were thinking also. To me, that means finding a house close to the squares is not as important as one might think. Possibly, a home centrally located to a couple of golf courses would work for us. We really gained some useful info on this trip and can't wait to go down again!
By the way...we ate at Glenview, Havanna and Mallory and have no complaints about any of them. Would frequent them all for sure!
Many people feel that proximity to Publix, medical buildings and department stores is important. For swimmers, proximity to the adult pool would probably be a big plus. For us, with two dogs, it is important for us to be close to the dog park, Doggie Doo Run Run, because we go there at least once a day. I think that most people initially think they'll be bopping every night at the town squares. After four years, I'd guess we visit the squares once a week.
Old 03-28-2011, 11:07 AM

Before I bought my home in Woodbury, I took a whole day and drove, by car and golf cart, from one end of TV to the other. It really opened my eyes as to how central everything is. I suggest you give it a try.
Old 03-28-2011, 12:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,663 Times in 1,597 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by misky View Post
Before I bought my home in Woodbury, I took a whole day and drove, by car and golf cart, from one end of TV to the other. It really opened my eyes as to how central everything is. I suggest you give it a try.
It is a lovely drive. The grass is greening now and the flowers are blooming. People are out walking, some with dogs. People are clustering together on driveways.

Peace is in The Villages, and fun and friendship and pretty yards...

I just love this place.
Old 03-28-2011, 04:05 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
It is a lovely drive. The grass is greening now and the flowers are blooming.
I'm so happy we are finally getting some rain. I can hear the grass and the palm trees sighing with relief today. A drive around TV makes you realize what a beautiful, perfect, litter-free Paradise we have.
Old 03-28-2011, 04:17 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot;341***
I think that most people initially think they'll be bopping every night at the town squares. After four years, I'd guess we visit the squares once a week.

After ten years - once every two weeks on market nights.

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 03-29-2011, 07:17 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeBarb View Post
.... One of the things both my husband and I were wondering about is how much time a Villager spends in the squares once they have lived in The Villages for awhile. Sounds like once that novelty has worn out, the less you go. That is what we were thinking also. To me, that means finding a house close to the squares is not as important as one might think. Possibly, a home centrally located to a couple of golf courses would work for us. We really gained some useful info on this trip and can't wait to go down again!
We live full time in The Villages, near Sumter Landing Square, and find that the night time entertainment is not a draw for us. But we do feel we made the right choice with our location because, as you said, we are centrally located within a 10 minute golf cart ride to about 5 golf courses: Cane, Mallory, Havana, Palmer and Tierra; we also love being close to Sumter Square because of the grocery shopping, variety of stores, restaurants, and movie theater. Its so much easier to find parking in a golf cart as opposed to a car. We're handy to grocery shopping at either Sweet Bay or Publix. We absolutely love the convenience of being close to everything. All in all, I think location adds to the value of one's home.
Old 05-11-2011, 06:00 PM
Smile I agree with NITAKK

We are in exactly the same position as nitakk. I totally agree with everything that was said . With the improved cart paths from CR42 all the way to Spanish Springs and down Buena Vista to CR466 driving is a pleasure.
It is nice to have the option of either enjoying the peace and quiet that the north brings or take in the action with only a 20 minute cart ride down wonderfully wide paths. Also, I can cut the time in half with my scooter.
We love it up here.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.