Official statement regarding the wall??

Closed Thread
Old 08-16-2013, 06:00 PM
Gold member
Default Official statement regarding the wall??

I don't have time to read all the posts. Just glad to see that the problem was solved!
Can anyone tell me what the official statement was regarding it's appearance and disappearance??
Thanks in advance for the abbreviated version!
Old 08-16-2013, 06:34 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

don't recall reading one! do recall one of the media pieces stating that the wall might be down by monday - just don't remember which one...but it was not a statement by a villages representative.

Old 08-16-2013, 07:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

They weren't very specific. They simply said that the wall was constructed for reasons of safety and security and that the VHA and the District approached the developer with the solution.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 08-17-2013, 08:02 AM
Veteran member
Default Party Line Speech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
They weren't very specific. They simply said that the wall was constructed for reasons of safety and security and that the VHA and the District approached the developer with the solution.
I choose to speculate and one poster may have hit on something. If the developer is trying to become part of fruitland Park, and deny access via cart paths, maybe that is the reason he attempting to tighten access through other points, such as the recent construction going on at Belvedere gate. If this is so I would venture that in the near future you will see similar tightening access at other points such as the cart path behind Publix that circumvents the guard shack and others on perimeter access points.

I still contend that the leadership in the VHA needs to be changed out and now am calling for the resignation of the president for his unwelcome comments regarding outsiders. INMHO Tutt is just caught up in her own ego and needs to go too. But then again maybe that is just what this developer has created and wishes to keep in place. I really hope folks pay close attention to upcoming elections in Lady Lake and reward heroism as that is what it took for this mayor to stand up for what is right. I'm sure Morse's political machine will go after that person next as he did the Sumter county commission systematically.
Old 08-17-2013, 08:09 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rp001 View Post
I choose to speculate and one poster may have hit on something. If the developer is trying to become part of fruitland Park, and deny access via cart paths, maybe that is the reason he attempting to tighten access through other points, such as the recent construction going on at Belvedere gate. If this is so I would venture that in the near future you will see similar tightening access at other points such as the cart path behind Publix that circumvents the guard shack and others on perimeter access points.

I still contend that the leadership in the VHA needs to be changed out and now am calling for the resignation of the president for his unwelcome comments regarding outsiders. INMHO Tutt is just caught up in her own ego and needs to go too. But then again maybe that is just what this developer has created and wishes to keep in place. I really hope folks pay close attention to upcoming elections in Lady Lake and reward heroism as that is what it took for this mayor to stand up for what is right. I'm sure Morse's political machine will go after that person next as he did the Sumter county commission systematically.
On another post here about the wall there is a document Resolution 98-106. It was drafted back in 1998 at Lady lake. It appears either Lady lake owns the land or the Leesburg Regional Medical Center. Either case it appears the developer has no authority to do anything there at Paradise Drive. A commissioner at Lady lake came up with the document and soon after the wall came down. There is a meeting Monday about the wall at Lady Lake. Maybe why a permit was never pulled in the first place. This is like a soap opera. I'm wondering who will get the movie rights?
Old 08-17-2013, 08:14 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,582 Times in 1,325 Posts

i don't go up that way but i am sure it is a problem for some...i would think the medical building would be more upset than anyone if it is a problem for the patients
Old 08-17-2013, 08:14 AM

If what I read about the VCCDD in the IRS thread is correct, that it's the board is appointed by the owner(s) of the commercial property, then it's just Morse under another hat. Which means Tutt works for him. She has to pour the kool-ade or find her stuff in a box on the side walk.
Old 08-17-2013, 08:21 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffAVEWS View Post
If what I read about the VCCDD in the IRS thread is correct, that it's the board is appointed by the owner(s) of the commercial property, then it's just Morse under another hat. Which means Tutt works for him. She has to pour the kool-ade or find her stuff in a box on the side walk.
This just gets better every day. Don't know that much about bond structuring but one post I read indicated that if the authority to issue Tax Free Bonds where invalid all the bonds would be come callable and the debt would have to be repaid. Don't know if that is correct or not but did not sound good to me. The layers will keep this going back and forth so long I'll be pushing daisies and this thing still will not be settled.
Old 08-17-2013, 08:25 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve9930 View Post
On another post here about the wall there is a document Resolution 98-106. It was drafted back in 1998 at Lady lake. It appears either Lady lake owns the land or the Leesburg Regional Medical Center. Either case it appears the developer has no authority to do anything there at Paradise Drive. A commissioner at Lady lake came up with the document and soon after the wall came down. There is a meeting Monday about the wall at Lady Lake. Maybe why a permit was never pulled in the first place. This is like a soap opera. I'm wondering who will get the movie rights?
Wonder what the fines would be for erecting a wall on your neighbors property, and not pulling a permit?...
Old 08-17-2013, 08:37 AM
Gold member
Cool Exactly

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffAVEWS View Post
You are right on track. Everyone directly involved with the VCCDD owes their position to the Developer. Sadly the VCCDD is in most ways has authority over the activities of the CDD's. Titt replaced Pete Wahl and if you remember there was a plan to give valuable water department ownership shares to Wahl, John Rohan and a few others. This gift amounted to millions. You can bet the farm that any individual who does not dance to the Morse music will be out the door very quickly. I have concerns that the VCCDD, CDD"s and the AAC is a healthy mix.
Old 08-17-2013, 08:41 AM
Gold member
Cool

Quote:
This just gets better every day. Don't know that much about bond structuring but one post I read indicated that if the authority to issue Tax Free Bonds where invalid all the bonds would be come callable and the debt would have to be repaid. Don't know if that is correct or not but did not sound good to me. The layers will keep this going back and forth so long I'll be pushing daisies and this thing still will not be settled.
It is an easy chore to find out who had the final authority to sell those "tax free" bonds. Go ahead, take a guess !!! LOL And while you're at it, find out how amny residents sit on the board that made the decision to ell the bonds.
Old 08-17-2013, 08:44 AM

Quote:
I bet I know who holds those bonds! It's pure genius!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.