Parking for idiots

Old 01-28-2024, 02:59 PM
Default Parking for idiots

This is obviously one of the entitled among us.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1066.jpg
Views:	7507
Size:	36.3 KB
ID:	102518  

Old 01-29-2024, 08:32 AM
Veteran member

It's okay they have a Keep Christ in Christmas sticker.

Old 01-29-2024, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGibson View Post
It's okay they have a Keep Christ in Christmas sticker.
Then they are not just idiots, but also hypocrites.

Old 01-29-2024, 11:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,068 Posts

The white SUV and golf cart are also parked improperly, right? The red car is not even close to being in the space, the white SUV seems to be half in the lane, and it appears the problem may have started with the golf cart parked in the handicap spot.

I'm all for pointing out that the red car is in the wrong but it looks like the others should not escape criticism either.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough

Old 01-29-2024, 12:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,021 Times in 1,747 Posts

At least they didn’t park on the grass, or in the bushes. They found pavement.

Old 01-29-2024, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon2dad View Post
This is obviously one of the entitled among us.
There is a Facebook group devoted to posting photos of bad parking jobs by Villagers in local lots. It is run by, and contributed to, by residents living outside The Villages. It is a hate group. Most of the photos are taken in lots that are used by the general public, not just Villagers- such as Walmart, Publix, etc. When I posted a comment pointing out that there is no telling if these photo depict Villagers or non-Villagers, about 100 people reacted to my point with insults and assorted hatred. In case you didn't know it, many people in the surrounding areas hate Villagers because they think that EVERY person moved here knowing that the Morse Family turned their quiet farm land to urban sprawl.

Old 01-29-2024, 01:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Wow. Some people really need to find a hobby

Old 01-29-2024, 01:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,021 Times in 1,747 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsloan1960 View Post
There is a Facebook group devoted to posting photos of bad parking jobs by Villagers in local lots. It is run by, and contributed to, by residents living outside The Villages. It is a hate group. Most of the photos are taken in lots that are used by the general public, not just Villagers- such as Walmart, Publix, etc. When I posted a comment pointing out that there is no telling if these photo depict Villagers or non-Villagers, about 100 people reacted to my point with insults and assorted hatred. In case you didn't know it, many people in the surrounding areas hate Villagers because they think that EVERY person moved here knowing that the Morse Family turned their quiet farm land to urban sprawl.
You are correct that many parking lots are used by non Villagers in my observation too. They are way too young with young children etc. I guess when you see older people having fun while you slave away day after day, could cause resentment.

Old 01-29-2024, 08:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,682 Times in 1,534 Posts

Quote:
"Many"?

Some, undoubtedly. Such people exist everywhere. But blowing the number out of proportion does no one any good. A few disgruntled people can make a LOT of noise.

We've been here going on four years now, and to be honest I've made as many if not more friends among the locals as we do among Villagers. We've routinely done farm-sitting for a couple some miles from TV and it has proven to be an enjoyable time (except the time the bull got out). The neighbors out there proved helpful and accommodating as well. I've gotten to know a former local police officer who is a fascinating source of information. We've gotten to know locals from church who are fine, friendly folks. And so on.

I've found that if you give people a fair shake, in the great majority of cases they're more than willing to reciprocate--and that goes for people everywhere. Of course there are going to be folks, singly and in small groups, who thrive on dissention. But it is those who buy into the "us against them" thing that both cause and perpetuate the problems.

Old 01-29-2024, 09:04 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,550 Times in 418 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdOfFive View Post
"Many"?

Some, undoubtedly. Such people exist everywhere. But blowing the number out of proportion does no one any good. A few disgruntled people can make a LOT of noise.

We've been here going on four years now, and to be honest I've made as many if not more friends among the locals as we do among Villagers. We've routinely done farm-sitting for a couple some miles from TV and it has proven to be an enjoyable time (except the time the bull got out). The neighbors out there proved helpful and accommodating as well. I've gotten to know a former local police officer who is a fascinating source of information. We've gotten to know locals from church who are fine, friendly folks. And so on.

I've found that if you give people a fair shake, in the great majority of cases they're more than willing to reciprocate--and that goes for people everywhere. Of course there are going to be folks, singly and in small groups, who thrive on dissention. But it is those who buy into the "us against them" thing that both cause and perpetuate the problems.
The poster was referring to a FB group about bad driving in TV. Have you been to the site? Did you join? If not, you have no place correcting that poster because they are spot on about the hatred toward villagers. The hatred outside the bubble is rampant. Even people who work in TV bitch and complain about the villagers. But they probably read this board....

Old 01-29-2024, 09:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,672 Times in 1,507 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by photo1902 View Post
Wow. Some people really need to find a hobby
That is their hobby.

Old 01-30-2024, 04:26 AM

Quote:
Well they did end of story ……throw that on top of the entitled treating the locals like the Help. The Friendliest Hometown is its own worst enemy!!

Old 01-30-2024, 06:07 AM

Can’t see the cart but they are allowed legal use of handicapped parking with a wheelchair placard. It seems the cars are parked illegally.

Old 01-30-2024, 06:15 AM
Veteran member

Lifestyle privilages!

Old 01-30-2024, 06:31 AM
Veteran member

place a note on their windshield this is not acceptable. Should be more police issuing tickets.

Tags
parking, idiots, entitled

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.