Parking Moron

Closed Thread
Old 02-17-2015, 05:32 PM
Gold member
Location: Bought Tamarind Grove, Mercer Island Wa, previously NH,FLA,Hi,CT,CA,GA, Hubby from Hawaii

I am confused someone on another thread said they were playing cards at a friends house and parked on the street and got a ticket. Are the villa streets private property and the normal streets not??
Old 02-17-2015, 05:46 PM
Default Bet he owns a dog

Bet he owns a dog and it does business in other yards
Old 02-17-2015, 05:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrudyM View Post
I am confused someone on another thread said they were playing cards at a friends house and parked on the street and got a ticket. Are the villa streets private property and the normal streets not??

I haven't heard of anyone getting a parking ticket for anyplace in the neighborhood parts of The Villages.
Old 02-17-2015, 05:57 PM

The police office made an incorrect call. The street is not private. second it could be stolen so they should at least notify the company who own the car to check. sad to say, but it is legal to park on the street here.
Old 02-17-2015, 07:31 PM

I thought the Villages was the "Happiest place" - Seems to me from reading some of these threads that there are some that need a lesson in humanity and RELAX!!! Not everything deserves a reaction or comment. SMH!!!
Old 02-17-2015, 07:53 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,095 Times in 374 Posts

It could be a gift. They just forgot to give you the key.

Really, I would call the rental company and tell them that there was one of their cars illegally parked and request that they resolve the issue with the car "renter since it has "flat tires" and cannot be driven. Chances are that if none of the neighbors are aware of the owner, and it has not been moved, there is something more complex. The rental car company should have a name if all is well.
Old 02-17-2015, 08:06 PM

It is my understanding that villa STREETS ARE PRIVATE PROPERTY and their upkeep is paid from our fees just as postal stations and recreation center drives and parking.

Thus the county does not have any jurisdiction over them.
Old 02-17-2015, 08:25 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mflasch View Post
I live in a villa and some idiot parked their car on the street in front of my house last Sunday and it is still there today. I called the Sumter County Sheriff who sent out a deputy and he informed me that since it was on private property, there was nothing they could do. He did inform me that the vehicle was a rental car which brings to question the issue of why someone would pay rental fee and leave a car sit for two days.
I then called Community Watch who informed me that if the car was not blocking an intersection, a fire hydrant or someone's driveway, there was nothing they could do.
I put a note on the windshield of the car requesting that the car be parked in the visitor parking and that if the person had an issue with that, I would be happy to "discuss" it with them. I provided my name and address as well as phone number.
I also polled the immediate neighbors and they do not know whose car it is.
Anyone have any suggestions as to what else I can do?
Thanks
The Police and Community Watch have both told you the rental car isn't parked illegally.
And you said it isn't blocking your driveway.
I must be missing something - I don't understand why the rental car is causing a problem for you.
As Bonny suggested, I'd take the note off the windshield.

Last edited by Barefoot; 02-17-2015 at 11:01 PM.
Old 02-17-2015, 08:39 PM
Veteran member

I guess those that think the car is ok where it is are those that would park any where they please.
Old 02-17-2015, 10:45 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles42 View Post
I guess those that think the car is ok where it is are those that would park any where they please.
If I have a right to park there, then yes I would. The car is not hurting anyone. It is in the street and not blocking anyone. I don't understand what the problem is.
Old 02-17-2015, 10:52 PM

I see no way to avoid the fact that letting the air out of someone else's tires would be a criminal act. Furthermore, two days seems to be a bit short to consider it abandoned. No one wants others parking in front of their homes, especially for more than a few hours at a time, but some things we have to accept as the price of living in an area of limited parking; the visitors' parking could have been full when he parked it. At some point, a call to the rental company is appropriate.
Old 02-17-2015, 10:54 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
If I have a right to park there, then yes I would. The car is not hurting anyone. It is in the street and not blocking anyone. I don't understand what the problem is.
The problem would be that all of us who live in CYVs have been told that cars cannot be parked on the street overnight in front of the villa, and that is what the overflow parking lot is for at the end of the street.

The streets are pretty narrow and a parked one blocks 2-way traffic.
Old 02-18-2015, 01:05 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mflasch View Post
I live in a villa and some idiot parked their car on the street in front of my house last Sunday and it is still there today. I called the Sumter County Sheriff who sent out a deputy and he informed me that since it was on private property, there was nothing they could do. He did inform me that the vehicle was a rental car which brings to question the issue of why someone would pay rental fee and leave a car sit for two days.
I then called Community Watch who informed me that if the car was not blocking an intersection, a fire hydrant or someone's driveway, there was nothing they could do.
I put a note on the windshield of the car requesting that the car be parked in the visitor parking and that if the person had an issue with that, I would be happy to "discuss" it with them. I provided my name and address as well as phone number.
I also polled the immediate neighbors and they do not know whose car it is.
Anyone have any suggestions as to what else I can do?
Thanks
Community Watch is not always up to speed on infractions related to deed restrictions. You may have more luck, if your deed restrictions indicate that no parking on the street is allowed, by contacting Deed Compliance by phone at 352-751-3912 or email deedcompliance@districtgov.org
Good Luck!
Old 02-18-2015, 03:39 AM
Sage

If it's unlocked, push it in front of your neighbor's house when everyone is sleeping. Usually after 9:00.
Old 02-18-2015, 06:22 AM
Soaring Eagle member

The streets are very narrow in the villa neighborhoods, and the lot sizes are small. I can see why it would be really inconvenient to have to carefully back out of your driveway and go around this vehicle every day. Sorry you have deal with that. Good luck in resolving the issue.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.