parking at Sharon Morse

Closed Thread
Old 02-24-2020, 03:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by perrjojo View Post
Today I dropped my husband off at 10:30 for radiation and could not find any parking; not even at the bank. I parked at Baskin Robbins. Why do I expect shuttle service ? Because this is a senior community and everyone may not have someone to drive them and they are not capable to walk that far. Also I expect ANY business to have adequate parking for those they service.
It will be a lot better after Easter...…………..
Old 02-25-2020, 08:49 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by perrjojo View Post
Today I dropped my husband off at 10:30 for radiation and could not find any parking; not even at the bank. I parked at Baskin Robbins. Why do I expect shuttle service ? Because this is a senior community and everyone may not have someone to drive them and they are not capable to walk that far. Also I expect ANY business to have adequate parking for those they service.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
............. and, unfortunately, you are not going to get this service. As so many others have stated, this is not owned by TV, it is now owned by another group and I don't think they care whether we are a retirement community or not. Sometime in the future someone may run a private for profit service to do this, but not at the moment.

I fully understand your frustration, my husband has had three major surgeries there and I have walked from one end of the parking area to the other to get to him. I have actually crossed into the Publix parking space and walked all the way back to see him.
Madelaine, you are confusing the situation.

Perrjojo is describing her husband's radiation treatment inside the Sharon Morse building. Of course that building, and the parking outside it, is owned by TV. However, TV declared that the shuttle cart, which had been provided by Lake Medical Imaging (also inside Sharon Morse), can't operate in their parking areas.
Old 02-25-2020, 09:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by champion6 View Post
Madelaine, you are confusing the situation.

Perrjojo is describing her husband's radiation treatment inside the Sharon Morse building. Of course that building, and the parking outside it, is owned by TV. However, TV declared that the shuttle cart, which had been provided by Lake Medical Imaging (also inside Sharon Morse), can't operate in their parking areas.
I am not confused at all. I know exactly where the Sharon Morse building is and, as I stated I have left my husband there on more than one occasion and have had to park in the huge parking lot which services the Publix area. This parking lot abuts the parking to the right of the main doors to the Sharon Morse. It is a very long walk and I had to do it in 90+ heat .

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 02-25-2020, 10:13 AM
Sage

Quote:
I am not confused at all. I know exactly where the Sharon Morse building is and, as I stated I have left my husband there on more than one occasion and have had to park in the huge parking lot which services the Publix area. This parking lot abuts the parking to the right of the main doors to the Sharon Morse. It is a very long walk and I had to do it in 90+ heat .
OK, I guess we agree ... it's a mess around the Sharon Morse building.

My post was referring to this statement:
Quote:
............. and, unfortunately, you are not going to get this service. As so many others have stated, this is not owned by TV, it is now owned by another group and I don't think they care whether we are a retirement community or not. <snip>
Old 02-25-2020, 10:27 AM

The shuttle is no longer allowed to go to the Sharon Morris Building. This is a liability issue as the Hospital and the Sharon Morris Building have different owners. The shuttle only runs between the Emergency, Main and Advanced entrances and the main visitors parking lot. There is one exceptions for one of the Imaging Offices close to the Sharon Morris.
Old 02-25-2020, 11:16 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMLRHT1 View Post
It’s SHARON MORSE!
It's Sharon MORSE, MaryM.
Old 02-25-2020, 03:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by champion6 View Post
OK, I guess we agree ... it's a mess around the Sharon Morse building.

My post was referring to this statement:
Just a thought on this subject. Is it possible to park in the hospital parking lot, take the shuttle to the front door of the hospital and then go back into the Sharon Morse through that main corridor which appears to run through the building.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Last edited by Madelaine Amee; 02-26-2020 at 07:55 AM.
Old 02-26-2020, 01:04 PM
Sage

Maybe once the specialty clinic in Brownwood opens it will take some of the edge off from these places. As to the person who asked if "up north" a shuttle was offered. My response to that was "yes!" You drove up to the hospital and and gave the key to a gentleman and he parked for you...much like they do here at our hospital...AND it was free!! It was a welcomed service for folks who had mobility issues. I posted in this thread before and agree it is troublesome. At one time they had a parking lot across 441/27 and shuttled folks over---not sure if that's happening anymore but it's a thought that "they" should re-consider if it's not being done now.
Old 02-26-2020, 05:34 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Just a thought on this subject. Is it possible to park in the hospital parking lot, take the shuttle to the front door of the hospital and then go back into the Sharon Morse through that main corridor which appears to run through the building.
You may exit the hospital and go into the back of The Sharon Morse building but you may only renter the hospital through the front door. I have tried it..it’s a long walk back to the front of the hospital.
Closed Thread

Tags
sharon, morris, building, parking, longer

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.