Patio villa and low maintenance yard

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Old 09-20-2007, 02:18 PM
Veteran member
Default Re: Patio villa and low maintenance yard

I think if you ask 100 people if they put their plans with the review committee 99 would say they didn't and the one that did really went way out and didn't want to chance it. If someone went to far and didn't go through the channels then they can police them and make them change it. I don't know of anyone that has done landscaping and did it by the book. I also live in a Villa.
Old 09-20-2007, 03:28 PM

To Swirinfla and Indyguy: Thanks to each of you for sharing your experiences and ideas. Yes, it makes since that the ARC is likely wanting to prevent flagrant violations and changes which are not in good taste. It is doubtful that they are concerned about a plant put here and there which is tastefully installed. We need an ARC to keep up the property values and overall appearance of TV that's for sure. Thanks again for commenting. BTW, I was also thinking of putting a couple of horned gargoyles with water spouts out in front of my place. Do you think that there would be any problem with that??
Old 09-20-2007, 03:59 PM
EYANKOWSKI

:hot:

WHERE IS THE ARC AND DO THEY CHARGE A FEE
Old 09-20-2007, 07:27 PM

i've planted small shrubs in front of my patio villa fence and change the plants in my mulched flower bed whenever i choose. without a thought of filing an ARC form.
but putting a palm tree where the villages planted a crepe mrytle in my front yard or expanding my cemented side patio i think would warrant approval first. mostly so i wouldn't have the cost of possibly being forced to redo it after the fact.
Old 09-20-2007, 09:55 PM
EYANKOWSKI

[quote=EYANKOWSKI ]
:hot:

WHERE IS THE ARC AND DO THEY CHARGE A FEE THANK YOU VERY MUCH
Old 09-20-2007, 10:45 PM
Sage

Thanks for the form, Indy, and all the great info. I take from all your posts that I shouldn't sweat the small stuff, just major changes require permission. I also assume that our stuffed moose, although tastefully done, won't be welcome on our front lawn. ;D
Old 09-21-2007, 12:39 PM

Villager99, Thanks for sharing your experience. This is helpful to know. From what I gather, many have successfully made these minor types of changes to various types of homes/yards with no ARC hassles. Best wishes.
Old 09-21-2007, 12:48 PM
Platinum member

Trueblue:

I think a tasteful gargoyle or two would be a wonderful touch! :joke:

But, beware that many (most, maybe) homes here are without gutters except maybe over doors! You may need to rethink!

Oh, and, remember the keyword here is "tasteful!" :joke:

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.