Patio vs. manufactured homes

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Old 10-15-2007, 07:35 AM
Default Re: Patio vs. manufactured homes

As far as pest control in the patio villas, a lot of my neighbors use Bates Exterminating or Massey or Once-A-Year based on the little signs placed in their yards. I fertilize my own lawn using Scott's fertilizer (from Walmart, Lowe's, etc.) which kills all kinds of bugs in the yard. Several of my neighbors and my lawn service guy have commented that my grass is really beautiful and healthly. Some of my neighbors have started their own lawn care after asking me what I use. Their lawns look great too!

For the house, I use AMDRO Home Defense (from Walmart, Lowe's etc.) a liquid that I spray along the concrete base of my house creating a bug barrier. I have never had a problem with any bugs or ants inside my house. AMDRO is safe for the inside of the house, but I've never needed it inside. Since my own labor is free, the only cost is the products which is small.

My Nantucket model one bedroom, one bath (991 sq. ft.) patio villa has very spacious rooms since it is only five feet shorter in length than the Colony 2BR-2BA models. People who have viewed my home usually are very surprised at the size of the living, dining and bedroom areas. The bathroom is a walk-thru with a door into the bedroom and another door into the hallway. There are several of this model in my neighborhood and are being lived in both by a couple or a single person.

As far as quality of workmanship, the only negative comment I've heard about the Clayton Villas built in 2004 is that you have to re-stretch the carpet. That's the only repair I've needed and it cost me $140. That's pretty good for a 3 year old home.

Much luck to you in your search for a 2 BR-2 BA villa. There are two for sale in Clayton Villas that I know about - one by owner for $172,500 (furnished) and one with a realtor for $168,000 (with upgrades).

Donna
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.