Person to person spread here of virus here

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Old 03-29-2020, 02:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,683 Times in 1,442 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marigold John View Post
It so hard to understand why these people are oblivious to the on going Covert 19 Virus which is in the Villages and continues to spread everyday. The Surgeon General for the state of Florida yesterday issued an order stating that people who are 65+, and people with underlying health conditions must stay at home for the next two weeks. The people who are ignoring this order continue to put the rest of us in jeopardy. Because of the age group in the Villages we are very lightly to become the next hot spot of this epidemic due to their reckless behavior.
No the Surgeon General for the state of Florida did not issue such an order. The office of the Surgeon General issued a WARNING - not an order - saying that people 65 or older SHOULD stay home. Should does not equal must.

There is a very significant difference.
Old 03-29-2020, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbajeda View Post
The OP only has a JPEG picture of the beginning of an article. How about posting a link to the actual article so we can read it and draw our own conclusions instead of parroting the misinformation that seems so prevalent on this topic.
My feeling is that people will post what they FEEL more often than what they KNOW from verifiable facts. 2 Minutes of Fame.
Old 03-29-2020, 02:57 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
So ,simple--the entire virus started with ONE person--simple math-take a penny and double it every day @ the end of 30 days it would be over $5 million & thats a fact--these 20 idiots or more can infect a lot of people

That's right. These same idiots go to supermarkets like all of us and possibly spread it there.
Old 03-29-2020, 03:07 PM
Default Incorrect identification

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marigold John View Post
It so hard to understand why these people are oblivious to the on going Covert 19 Virus which is in the Villages and continues to spread everyday. The Surgeon General for the state of Florida yesterday issued an order stating that people who are 65+, and people with underlying health conditions must stay at home for the next two weeks. The people who are ignoring this order continue to put the rest of us in jeopardy. Because of the age group in the Villages we are very lightly to become the next hot spot of this epidemic due to their reckless behavior.
Like the fellow who wrote for UPI, I'd too would like to clear up the spelling of what is killings us. The following comes from the World Health Organization:

Naming the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) and the virus that causes it
Official names have been announced for the virus responsible for COVID-19 (previously known as “2019 novel coronavirus”) and the disease it causes. The official names are:

Disease

coronavirus disease
(COVID-19)

Virus

severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2
(SARS-CoV-2)
Old 03-29-2020, 04:08 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
The folks who were, again, crowding Lake Sumter Square this evening....no parking spaces on the square.....tables and chairs and tail gating all around the square and filled the area where the radio station and covered picnic tables.....absolutely no social distancing anywhere.

No different than the pictures of all the young people on the beaches for spring break.....except older...BUT NOT ANY SMARTER!!

As a result of the few we need a stay at home 'ORDER" with enforcement and stiff fines.
These are the grandparents of the Spring Break kids.
Old 03-29-2020, 04:31 PM

If you don’t wear a mask /gloves around other persons , you are a spreader whether or not you have symptoms at the moment and The penalty may be illness & a quick death from pneumonia.
Old 03-29-2020, 04:52 PM
Sage
Location: East Meadow NY, Brooklyn, Staten Island, Auburn NY, Lake Deaton
Thanked 4,513 Times in 1,353 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonyaschuschel View Post
If you don’t wear a mask /gloves around other persons , you are a spreader whether or not you have symptoms at the moment and The penalty may be illness & a quick death from pneumonia.
Some people spread the virus, others just spread ridiculous nonsense
Old 03-29-2020, 05:45 PM

Right now I am more afraid of the stupidity than the virus. I hope the stupidity is not contagious.
Old 03-29-2020, 06:06 PM
Default BE SMART and listen to the experts (Doctors and Scientists, not politicians)

Here are 2 videos that clearly and simply explain how coronavirus affects people. PLEASE WATCH

The Coronavirus Explained & What You Should Do - YouTube

HOW COVID-19 KILLS--I'm a Surgeon--And Why We Can't Save You - YouTube
Old 03-29-2020, 06:39 PM

Quote:
The folks who were, again, crowding Lake Sumter Square this evening....no parking spaces on the square.....tables and chairs and tail gating all around the square and filled the area where the radio station and covered picnic tables.....absolutely no social distancing anywhere.

No different than the pictures of all the young people on the beaches for spring break.....except older...BUT NOT ANY SMARTER!!

As a result of the few we need a stay at home 'ORDER" with enforcement and stiff fines.
So, WHY are YOU at the squares ????
Old 03-29-2020, 06:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,204 Times in 906 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarodrig View Post
So, WHY are YOU at the squares ????
Last I heard there was no risk driving by in an air conditioned car with the windows up.

We went to see if what we heard was really true...going for a ride from time to time. We are in the high (er) risk pool and do shelter stay at home. A short ride every day helps avoid cabin fever (some).
Old 03-29-2020, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Last I heard there was no risk driving by in an air conditioned car with the windows up.

We went to see if what we heard was really true...going for a ride from time to time. We are in the high (er) risk pool and do shelter stay at home. A short ride every day helps avoid cabin fever (some).
I figured such a response !!!!

Does your car have HEPPA filters installed ??? If not , you might be at risk just driving by !!! LOL

FYI , the squares have live streaming cameras installed so that you can sit in the safe comfort of your home and snoop without any risk at all ....

Entertainment | The Villages

Last edited by jarodrig; 03-29-2020 at 07:10 PM.
Old 03-29-2020, 07:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,204 Times in 906 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarodrig View Post
I figured such a response !!!!

Does your car have HEPPA filters installed ??? If not , you might be at risk just driving by !!! LOL 😂

FYI , the squares have live streaming cameras installed so that you can sit in the safe comfort of your home and snoop without any risk at all ....
Trying to remain polite I will just
Old 03-29-2020, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Trying to remain polite I will just
I’m being polite as well ..... I added a link for your viewing pleasure ....
Old 03-29-2020, 07:28 PM

You get an A+ and extra credit for stating so eloquently the faults in what is labeled as journalism today. THANK YOU!!!
Closed Thread

Tags
person, spread, virus, community, cases

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.