Please have a look at this. It tells the story better than I can.

Closed Thread
Old 09-03-2007, 06:23 AM
Founder
Default Re: Please have a look at this. It tells the story better than I can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyb
Several comments on this...
1) Don't you know that the cars today do not come with turn signals installed as standard equipment, it's optional... ;D
2) From 'inside' the car, it's darn difficult to know when the wheels on the 'outside' of the car stop rotating...especially when the 'driver' is preoccupied listening to the 'hot hits of the 50's and 60's..... :dontknow: ;D
Don't forget gassing on the cell phone. ;D
Old 09-03-2007, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oshunluva
:cop: Maybe it is time for a bumper sticker w/large letters telling what to do at a stop sign. Or maybe it is time for a small TV police dept. to enforce some of the much needed rules. :dontknow:

too bad at our "educated age" we haven't learned to obey the laws of the land but I bet if it hurt in the pocketbook a bit more, we'd "remember" the rules a little better!
Old 09-03-2007, 06:08 PM

It's those darn Yankees ! They come down here to the sunny south and think they don't have to obey any rules. They talk fast and drive fast. They talk funny too !
Old 09-03-2007, 08:52 PM
Veteran member

The yankees are taking over.. Ever drive in Boston? Makes Manhattan seem tame.
Old 09-03-2007, 09:40 PM

Yea. The ones from Boston can't believe you can paak ya caa just about anywhere.
Old 09-07-2007, 06:02 PM
Gold member

:bigthumbsup: Just returned from visit to Bravo Pizzeria. If you were surprised at the flagrant disregard of the law shown in the video, just grab a window table at Bravo's and watch the show at the intersection in front of Sweetbay's. They have installed 4 way flashing red lights that might as well be invisible. I saw only about 10 % of vehicles (autos and golf carts) come to a full stop before preceeding as the law requires. Approximately 7 out of 10 slowed down and the rest just blew through the intersection without even slowing down.

I suspect that if the Sumter County Sheriff observes this volume of lawbreakers at this intersection, he may have to hire additional Deputies just to write citations at this location. From a cash flow perspective, the money from fines could create a budget surplus for Sumter County. Somebody is really gonna get hurt or worse, if this lawbreaking doesn't stop real soon. :cop: :cop: :cop: :cop:
Old 09-07-2007, 07:50 PM

the people from Boston may be bad but what about those new yorker's,i think it is about time we all learned to stolp and smell the roses, no matter where you go everbody is in a hurry. slow down and live longer. also stop letting children drive those golf carts!!
Old 09-07-2007, 08:30 PM

horoto - watch out with those NY-ker comments... I didnt let my kids drive until they were 10!!!
Old 09-08-2007, 01:35 PM
Gold member

You let them drive at age 10. In Orlando they start stealing cars at age 7, as soon as their feet can reach the pedals. ;D
Old 09-08-2007, 05:24 PM

Great little video. Perhaps you should send it to VNN and they could put on as a public service announcement :cop:
Old 09-08-2007, 06:58 PM
Veteran member

Oh, please...VNN would sanitize it...they might even edit the tape so everyone including Massey Guy stopped to smell the flowers before proceeding into that glorious intersection on the way to that special Heaven called "The Villages"...Florida's friendliest hometown!!
Poughkeepsie, NY;Buckhannon, WV;Oak Bluffs, Mass;Suitland, MD;Salt Point, NY;Camp Lejeune, NC;Highland, NY;Manassas, VA;Colchester, VT;Brookfield, CT;Tucson, AZ;Brookfield, CT;The Villages, FL; Vietnam-1967 USMC
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.