Poisons and Toxins .....all over the place

Closed Thread
Old 04-29-2024, 04:16 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamelaripp View Post
We are still looking for more natural ways of keeping weed out of our lawn. I got tired of paying someone to use chemicals that are not good for pets or wildlife in to kill weeds in our landscaping. I have found a couple of solutions for weeds around our bushes, in driveway cracks and in pavered patios. Boiling water will kill weeds. I have a special teapot that heats up fast and is in an isulated carafe that won't burn me! Just don't put boiling water on anything you DO want to grow in your yard. The other thing I use is a long handled adjustable propane blow torch. Again, you can spot kill all of the weeds in your landscaped beds in a very short time. Just walk around your house once a week and spot burn them. They often times do not grow back. Be careful not to start a fire and keep a big bucket of water or a hose handy.
Please tell me youre not in a CYV!
Old 04-29-2024, 06:26 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,167 Times in 894 Posts

No lawn chemicals for me and it looks just fine. I agree that limiting those cancer causing products is important.
Old 04-30-2024, 07:20 AM

I am the person who wrote the original message on this post. I have been busy these past few days and so popped on today to see what ideas people had. I was SHOCKED to read all the nasty comments of "staying off my property", people who don't know or maybe don't care about chemicals and how they affect our health. I do have a dog who does run freely on my own TV property which is not treated with toxins. I eat mostly organic foods, wear mostly organic cotton, linen, wool, use vinegar, diatomaceous earth in my yard, weed by hand, take care of my own yard, try to work out daily, purify my water that I swallow, have had a house restoration business for 40+ years and work in the medical field also. I am very surprised by all the negativity, sarcasm, and nastiness that abounds on the "8" pages on this topic. I never thought people in TV were so grossly opinionated....... maybe need more to do. I don't know. I appreciate the ideas that some have posted and it's always good to share with those who just don't know. Wish you all a great day and for sharing your ideas.
Old 04-30-2024, 08:01 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,984 Times in 1,131 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
I remember the DDT "everywhere" period in UK. We had strips in the house, 'Flit Guns' for spraying any flying bug venturing within range, and the garden looked like white flour grading festival gone mad!

My wife and I have drastically altered our pest and disease control in our garden over the years.
Butterflies and bees are rapidly in decline here from pesticides etc. Nothing like the numbers from my formative years.
We have turned to hand weeding, companion planting, and most plants are bee and butterfly friendly. Most aphids, black and green flies etc can be removed by hand.
Hard work at times, but just a little payback from us for the damage we caused in ignorance years ago.
I remember in the Summers as a kid in Boston when the DDT truck would come down the street and we used to run in and out of the spray cloud and with no front yards it just lofted up through the open windows of are homes . I sometimes wonder how many people must have there lifespan shortened because of it
Old 04-30-2024, 09:41 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieo1126@gmail.com View Post
I remember in the Summers as a kid in Boston when the DDT truck would come down the street and we used to run in and out of the spray cloud and with no front yards it just lofted up through the open windows of are homes . I sometimes wonder how many people must have there lifespan shortened because of it
Shout out 617!

Grew up on those same streets.
I'm sure you, like me and our siblings chewed on the lead based window sills when we were 'teething' too. We learn, educate ourselves and (what's lost on this thread)....make OUR OWN decisions going forward
Old 04-30-2024, 10:19 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,033 Times in 2,522 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe C. View Post
Chemicals aren't "evil". They just need to be used responsibly.
IMHO, life causes death. Can't have one without the other. How long we live depends on how well we navigate through our life by the choices we do or don't make, and of course our genetic makeup.
Pass the twinkles
Old 04-30-2024, 10:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,033 Times in 2,522 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieo1126@gmail.com View Post
Well I guess being so busy leading such a clean life ,you didn’t have anytime left to acquire a sense of humor

Pass that joint my friend….
Old 04-30-2024, 10:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,068 Times in 1,771 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by E Cascade View Post
I am the person who wrote the original message on this post. I have been busy these past few days and so popped on today to see what ideas people had. I was SHOCKED to read all the nasty comments of "staying off my property", people who don't know or maybe don't care about chemicals and how they affect our health. I do have a dog who does run freely on my own TV property which is not treated with toxins. I eat mostly organic foods, wear mostly organic cotton, linen, wool, use vinegar, diatomaceous earth in my yard, weed by hand, take care of my own yard, try to work out daily, purify my water that I swallow, have had a house restoration business for 40+ years and work in the medical field also. I am very surprised by all the negativity, sarcasm, and nastiness that abounds on the "8" pages on this topic. I never thought people in TV were so grossly opinionated....... maybe need more to do. I don't know. I appreciate the ideas that some have posted and it's always good to share with those who just don't know. Wish you all a great day and for sharing your ideas.
Thank you for keeping your dog(s) on your own property. As for clean living… none of us gets out of here alive. Maybe clean living could give us a few more years.
Old 04-30-2024, 11:10 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,780 Times in 1,553 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
Thank you for keeping your dog(s) on your own property. As for clean living… none of us gets out of here alive. Maybe clean living could give us a few more years.
I don't just want a few more years. I want few more GOOD years. But, that's just me. 🙃🫠😉
Closed Thread

Tags
paws, place, poisons, clean, alternatives

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.