Posting Names and Phone Numbers

Closed Thread
Old 01-08-2008, 10:09 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch
Default Posting Names and Phone Numbers

Folks, please don't post private phone numbers and full names here or any other public forum, even when you're trying to help someone drum up business. You never know who else is reading this.

It's one thing to give a business name and phone number, but private is dang dangerous. Send a PM with that information.

If you have done a post with someone's name and/or phone number, I'd suggest you modify your post and remove the phone number.

(Sorry DK, Tony and Jan -- I know I kinda usurped your duty but I've notice a trend lately to post this kind of information when people ask if someone knows someone who does certain kind of work.)

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 01-08-2008, 10:17 PM
Taltarzac
Default Re: Posting Names and Phone Numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch
Folks, please don't post private phone numbers and full names here or any other public forum, even when you're trying to help someone drum up business. You never know who else is reading this.

It's one thing to give a business name and phone number, but private is dang dangerous. Send a PM with that information.

If you have done a post with someone's name and/or phone number, I'd suggest you modify your post and remove the phone number.

(Sorry DK, Tony and Jan -- I know I kinda usurped your duty but I've notice a trend lately to post this kind of information when people ask if someone knows someone who does certain kind of work.)
That's a good suggestion. There are a lot of creeps on the net.
Old 01-08-2008, 10:40 PM
Gold member

I agree.

As posted some on another thread, it is sad, that we can not trust others.

HB
Old 01-11-2008, 11:27 AM
Location: Village of Marsh Bend, The Villages, FL; Oakland, CA; Boston, MA.

Thank you for making that point! Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea culpa :redface:

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.