Prices on new construction going up?

Closed Thread
Old 06-03-2011, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Oldcrabs View Post
ABC news just reported that houses are at a 8 year low. ( That would be 2003 prices). Many people need to sell their existing home before purchasing in TV.If they keep raising prices they may "cook the golden goose". If they are raising prices , does that mean they are stopping the discounts on many of the already built homes listed on their web site?
Somebody needs to get with TV's marketing and sales departments, and said...................What the hell are you thinking!!!!!!No way, you can justify increasing prices in this current market environment, and they should be smart enough to realize it.This sales pitch to pressure clients to buy now, before the so-called increase will fall on deaf ears.The powers that be, need to stop reading "The Villages Daily Sun", get out of the bubble, and get back into the real world, sooooooooooooooooooooooooon !!!!!!
Old 06-05-2011, 07:16 AM
Default US house price fall 'beats Great Depression slide'

Quote:
US house price fall 'beats Great Depression slide'

The ailing US housing market passed a grim milestone in the first quarter of this year, posting a further deterioration that means the fall in house prices is now greater than that suffered during the Great Depression.

The brief recovery in prices in 2009, spurred by government aid to first-time buyers, has now been entirely snuffed out, and the average American home now costs 33 per cent less than it did at the peak of the housing bubble in 2007. The peak-to-trough fall in house prices in the 1930s Depression was 31 per cent – and prices took 19 years to recover after that downturn. SNIP
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/bu...e-2291491.html
Old 06-05-2011, 07:29 AM
Default prices on new construction going up

They most likely have no choice but to raise prices, inflation is here and building material costs are most likely are up 10-15% in the last two years. Do not believe the CPI that the Government publishes every month, that is a consumer price index far different then raw materials to build a home. As others have said they can always discount later if they need to do so to sell.
Old 06-05-2011, 07:32 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Seems that I have heard each summer that prices are increasing and I have to wonder if it is just a ploy to get the about to be buyers to act.

It seems to me that prices really haven't changed on a Camellia from what we bought new three years ago. It is kind of a shell game. Here is a Camellia priced at $246, with discounts now $228.

Maybe not a shell game but a marketing technique.
Old 06-05-2011, 01:22 PM
Gold member

I somehow doubt that the cost of building materials or labor is going up. There is so little demand due to lack of new construction starts. On the contrary, have you heard of anyone in construction getting a pay raise lately? What could be driving the prices up if there is very little demand? On another note; does anyone else believe the reason the bond on TV homes is paid separately is to remove that figure from the appraised value of the new homes. Morgage lenders and traders might balk at providing loans for homes that are over priced in comparison to appraised value. I know, I know, it's the life style but that does not compute into the appraised value of the home for new construction in my view. In effect, you are taking out a second mortgage to finance the bond amount. You just have to wonder why other developers include the infrastructure cost in the price of the home. If TV developer is separating it, there must be a good reason and advantage to him. Anyone disagree or have a better reason?
Old 06-05-2011, 01:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

I posted this earlier that prices have already gone up. They have replaced an older model with a newer model of the same floorplan. I just bought a 2 BR CYV called the Woodlawn. When I wasn't happy with the cabinet choices offered in the five available I asked my salesman if anymore were coming online. He said no, because they are no longer making the Woodlawn, but the exact same floorplan is now called the "Durham". He said look on the new homes site, there is a corner site Durham already listed for $187,000. That's about $8,000 more than a Woodlawn would normally bring on a corner lot. Woodlawn is normally about $169,000 + $10,000 for a premium lot ($179,000).
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.