Property Taxes/Bond/CDD/Amenties...am I close here?

Closed Thread
Old 01-24-2016, 01:07 PM
Default Property Taxes/Bond/CDD/Amenties...am I close here?

Trying to figure out the above...

Property Taxes (Ad Valorem Taxes) are based on sales price of home.

Bond is to recover the costs of the infrastructure (sewer, water, streets, electric, cable, etc.) in your section. Some older homes may have the bond paid off.

CDD Maintenance Assessment Fees (Non-Ad Valorem Assessments) is to pay for improvements for the golf courses, recreation center, pools, etc). Can be from $100 to $600 per month depending on where you live.

Amenities Fee is used to pay for the upkeep of recreational facilities. $145 per month.
Old 01-24-2016, 01:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayerose View Post

Bond is to recover the costs of the infrastructure (sewer, water, streets, electric, cable, etc.) in your section. Some older homes may have the bond paid off.

CDD Maintenance Assessment Fees (Non-Ad Valorem Assessments) is to pay for improvements for the golf courses, recreation center, pools, etc). Can be from $100 to $600 per month depending on where you live.

Amenities Fee is used to pay for the upkeep of recreational facilities. $145 per month.
Sort of:
Property taxes are based on assessed valuation and paid in arrears. So depending on time of year, if you buy a brand new home the assessment may only be for the land the first year. Also, if you plan on becoming a permanent resident there is a $50,000 homestead exemption on the assessment. Current tax rate for all ad valorem taxes is about $11.92 , at least in Sumter Co., Lake Deaton.
The bond amount depends on sale price, in a new home mine was about 6.25% of the purchase. It can be paid all at once, or amortized over 30 years at about 6% interest. Pre-owned homes may have paid down part or all of the bond. Some people hate "the bond", but in reality it is just a different way of paying for infrastructure. In a traditionally financed development, the same amount would have been added to the purchase price of the home.
Thee CDD assessment is non ad valorem but paid YEARLY on the tax bill---mine was $692.
The monthly amenity fee is around $145, it goes up a few cents each year
Old 01-24-2016, 01:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:

Research....research.... then a little more research.

Not too sure about that info. Ours is no where near $100.00 a month. Much less.
Old 01-24-2016, 01:35 PM
Veteran member

2016 Residential Impact Fees, Lake County

Effective January 11, 2016.
$10,602.00+

https://www.lakecountyfl.gov/departm..._schedule.aspx
Old 01-24-2016, 01:37 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Sort of:
Property taxes are based on assessed valuation and paid in arrears. So depending on time of year, if you buy a brand new home the assessment may only be for the land the first year. Also, if you plan on becoming a permanent resident there is a $50,000 homestead exemption on the assessment. Current tax rate for all ad valorem taxes is about $11.92 , at least in Sumter Co., Lake Deaton.
The bond amount depends on sale price, in a new home mine was about 6.25% of the purchase. It can be paid all at once, or amortized over 30 years at about 6% interest. Pre-owned homes may have paid down part or all of the bond. Some people hate "the bond", but in reality it is just a different way of paying for infrastructure. In a traditionally financed development, the same amount would have been added to the purchase price of the home.
Thee CDD assessment is non ad valorem but paid YEARLY on the tax bill---mine was $692.
Bond "not" based on price of home.

How does the District arrive at the amount? Does everyone pay the same amount?

'The Bond Debt Assessment was set at the time the bond used to build the infrastructure was issued. The formula for calculating each lot’s proportionate share starts with the total cost of the bond (including interest) issued to pay for the infrastructure. That cost is divided equally among each assessable acre in the “phase” of the District for which the bond was issued. That gives you a cost per acre. The cost per acre is then multiplied by the number of acres in the unit in which you live. That gives you the obligation for the unit as a whole. The unit total cost is then divided by the number of lots or parcels in the unit, and that computation gives you the amount of the assessment levied against each property. Therefore, each lot within a unit pays the same amount. Amortization schedules for each unit are located on the Districts' website; Village Community Development Districts under the Finance Department link.'

VCDD Bond FAQs
Old 01-24-2016, 01:42 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Not exactly. The bond is fixed for a "unit" of homes and is not based on the sales price of your homes. Check your Villages ID for the unit - it is listed under "U/L" - U in your unit and L is your lot within the unit. All homes within the same unit have the same bond price. There is a CDD maintenance charge - around $700ish per year to maintain the infrastructure. The Amenities Fee increases are tied to the CPI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Sort of:

Last edited by tuccillo; 01-24-2016 at 01:49 PM.
Old 01-24-2016, 01:54 PM
Sage

By all means ask and read on this site(TOTV) but do your own homework too. People try to be helpful but alot don't know the answers. Alot will give misinformation.

There are alot of good sites out there. Village Community Development Districts is one.

Sumter County Property Appraiser - Joey Hooten - Bushnell, Florida - 352-569-6800 is good also.
Old 01-24-2016, 01:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWGUY View Post
Bond "not" based on price of home.

How does the District arrive at the amount? Does everyone pay the same amount?

'The Bond Debt Assessment was set at the time the bond used to build the infrastructure was issued. The formula for calculating each lot’s proportionate share starts with the total cost of the bond (including interest) issued to pay for the infrastructure. That cost is divided equally among each assessable acre in the “phase” of the District for which the bond was issued. That gives you a cost per acre. The cost per acre is then multiplied by the number of acres in the unit in which you live. That gives you the obligation for the unit as a whole. The unit total cost is then divided by the number of lots or parcels in the unit, and that computation gives you the amount of the assessment levied against each property. Therefore, each lot within a unit pays the same amount. Amortization schedules for each unit are located on the Districts' website; Village Community Development Districts under the Finance Department link.'

VCDD Bond FAQs
didn't know that, thank you
Wish they did income tax the same way
Old 01-24-2016, 02:23 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:

All correct, what's the question?
Old 01-24-2016, 03:06 PM
Sage

Quote:
By all means ask and read on this site(TOTV) but do your own homework too. People try to be helpful but alot don't know the answers. Alot will give misinformation.

There are alot of good sites out there. Village Community Development Districts is one.

Sumter County Property Appraiser - Joey Hooten - Bushnell, Florida - 352-569-6800 is good also.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickeyD View Post
All correct, what's the question?
I rest my case. I just looked up a house I knew was listed for 1.5 milllion.
It is assessed for just over 1 million. The BOND PAYMENT is $1220.00 a year. THE MAINT. IS $1120.00 a year. TAXES are over $12,000.00 TOTAL over $14,000

RickeyD - could you please show me home paying $7,200 a year in BOND MAINT. It may be out there, but I can't find it. Thanks.
Old 01-24-2016, 03:13 PM
Soaring Eagle member

I may have misunderstood. The bond payment is a function of the infrastructure cost divided by the number of lots. The price of a house does not directly determine what the bond payment is.
Old 01-24-2016, 10:46 PM
Soaring Eagle member

The quoted range of $100-$600 per month for CDD maintenance is clearly not correct. Your assertion that there is a lot of misinformation on ToTV is correct. The CDD maintenance fee varies by CDD and unit (a group of homes) within the CDD. A ballpark range is something like $200 to $1200 per year. It is easy enough to look up the actual number because the annual maintenance budgets are posted on-line with the exact value of the maintenance fee per unit for the upcoming fiscal year.

Quote:
I rest my case. I just looked up a house I knew was listed for 1.5 milllion.
It is assessed for just over 1 million. The BOND PAYMENT is $1220.00 a year. THE MAINT. IS $1120.00 a year. TAXES are over $12,000.00 TOTAL over $14,000

RickeyD - could you please show me home paying $7,200 a year in BOND MAINT. It may be out there, but I can't find it. Thanks.
Old 01-24-2016, 11:37 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuccillo View Post
The quoted range of $100-$600 per month for CDD maintenance is clearly not correct. Your assertion that there is a lot of misinformation on ToTV is correct. The CDD maintenance fee varies by CDD and unit (a group of homes) within the CDD. A ballpark range is something like $200 to $1200 per year. It is easy enough to look up the actual number because the annual maintenance budgets are posted on-line with the exact value of the maintenance fee per unit for the upcoming fiscal year.

Was trying to point out the fact it is important too not blindly trust all info. on any site. Always do your homework. The info. is out there if you look.

On sumterpa.com you can pull up every tax bill in Sumter Co. and see the tax, bond, and bond maint.
Old 01-24-2016, 11:40 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Thanks so much for the link to the county tax records.

Quote:

Was trying to point out the fact it is important too not blindly trust all info. on any site. Always do your homework. The info. is out there if you look.

On sumterpa.com you can pull up every tax bill in Sumter Co. and see the tax, bond, and bond maint.
Old 01-25-2016, 06:37 AM
Sage

Compared to Chatham NJ, I'm living for free
Closed Thread

Tags
taxes, pay, property, bond, month, valorem, golf, center, recreation, courses, improvements, $145, assessment, maintenance, fees, non-ad, assessments, pools, facilities, recreational, live, amenities, fee, upkeep, depending

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.