Putt an Play

Closed Thread
Old 11-04-2017, 08:18 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
I agree with you to one point. “Down to enjoy our amenities”, did you mean your or the collective “our”. I think I know your answer from your previous posts.
I find this hilarious after all the gnashing of teeth etc when Fenney was announced and so many people on this site complained that Fenney residents would be using their golf courses and other amenities north of 44.
Old 11-04-2017, 09:01 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,340 Times in 1,448 Posts

Quote:
I agree with you to one point. “Down to enjoy our amenities”, did you mean your or the collective “our”. I think I know your answer from your previous posts.😎
“Our”
Old 11-05-2017, 11:26 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,663 Times in 941 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
I don’t it’s nice to see that others are driving down to enjoy our amenities. There are plenty of times that no one uses the course same goes for the zero entry pool and rec center bar and grill. Now if we can just get some commercial development down here all would be good.
Good to hear. I asked my question because someone had two posts pushing for Putt and Play courses to be built in other areas.
Old 03-03-2018, 03:11 PM
Platinum member

Where do you pick up a putter? Rec center or is there something like a starter shack?
Old 03-03-2018, 03:31 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuannBlue View Post
From the post I see, the putt an play in Fenney is popular. More of them need to be built in the older section of the Villages to make more access for more people. It will cut down on driving, wait times, parking issues. More is better in this case. Folks need to start pushing to get more built.
I would like to see a nice practice area like Sarasota's putting, pitching, and bunker area built north of 466.
Old 03-03-2018, 03:37 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
That would be fun....right in the middle of a commercial area.
Great observation! Food, shopping and parking, all nearby. And very easy access.

Don

Western PA, Marietta GA, finally TV....
Old 03-03-2018, 03:55 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,950 Times in 829 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
WHERE would they be placed? There would be a lot of hollering if the Executive courses were taken away for that purpose ...in my opinion only.
Last year TV bought the old First Baptist church and 18 acres in the north part of TV. Jennifer Parr stated that this would be site of new Rec Center, resort style pool, and putting course to be completed sometime in 2019
Old 03-03-2018, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendyquat View Post
Where do you pick up a putter? Rec center or is there something like a starter shack?

Bring your own putter (and ball) or pick one up at the Rec Center near the Fenney entrance.
Old 03-03-2018, 07:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanmcdonald View Post
I can think of two places where a putt and play could be built in the older sections. One is the open area off 466 near Bealls/Home Goods. The other is the open space in Pinellas Plaza.
We the people do not direct development here.

Which overall, I think to be a good thing.
Old 03-04-2018, 03:13 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,371 Times in 2,517 Posts

The pond around the putting course has some nice size bass as well, if you like to fish.
Old 03-04-2018, 09:15 AM

How many strokes would it take to putt from 441 down to the Feeney putting green? Your choice of route. Morse, 468 or Buena Vista through the proposed extn. Hint there is no wrong answer
Old 03-04-2018, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendyquat View Post
There is a little shed there with the door in the back. You will find different length putters and different color balls. The score cards and pencils are by the first hole. There are two different courses. Both were fun and plenty of benches to sit on if you have to wait for the group to finish the hole in front of you.
Old 03-04-2018, 05:48 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts

There are several putting greens north of 44 that a “golfer” can practice their putting and there is no cost. If you have been down to Fenney, you get the idea that it is a bit different than the rest of The Villages. I can’t imagine a serious golfer driving that far to practice their putting. Now to go there for fun, sure why not in about a year when the crowds die down and the “new” wears off.
Old 03-05-2018, 07:26 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,519 Times in 712 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuannBlue View Post
From the post I see, the putt an play in Fenney is popular. More of them need to be built in the older section of the Villages to make more access for more people. It will cut down on driving, wait times, parking issues. More is better in this case. Folks need to start pushing to get more built.
And who would pay for such a place? The Developer? I think not, they own only the commercial properties and the championship golf courses north of SR44. The amenities north of SR44 are owned by either VCCDD or SLCDD, our local governments that own and manage them for us using our monthly amenities fees.

If anyone thinks the developer owes any of us anything you are mistaken. The developer develops land and builds houses to sell them, in order to sell the houses they need to have something to encourage people to buy here instead of someplace else. That something here in The Villages is the landscaping, golf courses, commercial areas, and the rest of the amenities that we now all enjoy. All of these thinks have to in some way not only bring value to the residents but also to the developer. The value it must bring to the development company is profit (and profit is not a dirty word), if they can't produce a justifiable revenue stream from something they don't build it. They're not going to build something new like a put-and-play if it doesn't help them sell more houses.

For many years now the developer owned the amenities we enjoy and we all paid for them on a monthly basis through our amenities fees. Over time the developer has decided to sell the amenities. I can thank of many reasons why they might do this; allow them to refocus on their core business of building homes, profitability no meeting expectations, raise cash to fund further development, or perhaps just tied of the constant grabbing at their pockets for more, more, more by the residents. My guess it probably all of these and a few more reasons. Whatever the reasons VCCDD and SLCDD now own that amenities.

The bottom line is that if we, the residents, want something new build, something changed, or anything else, we will have to pay for it. If you want another put-and-play in the developed areas go before the AAC or PWAC and make that request, if the need is perceived to be great enough these are the bodies that can make it happen, but it won't be free, we the residents will have to pay for them, expect either maintenance fees or amenity fees to go up to cover the cost.
Old 03-05-2018, 07:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

I say OUR neighborhood pool. When speaking to those who have never visited TV I mention OUR amenities, are endless. And OUR amenity fee is only $$$ for all of this. Guess I need to rethink my comment to be more politically correct.

Tags
putt, built, play, times, parking

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.