Rats

Closed Thread
Old 07-09-2008, 03:18 PM
Sage
Default Re: Rats

Oh Mc that's awful! First, you couldn't pay me enough to go to that pool. I'd probably make a big sign and hang it near the entrance. "CLOSED DUE TO RAT INFESTATION!" I'm not kidding. Maybe that will get someone's attention. Do a lot of people go to that pool?
Old 07-09-2008, 09:09 PM

There also are rats or mice in The Village of Sunset Pointe. If there are rats running around that much in The Villages I think it's a big problem. Maybe its time to call the POA. Thats too many mice for me.
Old 07-09-2008, 09:26 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,228 Times in 757 Posts

Onmygoshohmygoshohmygoshohmygoshohmygosh!!!!!

YOU THINK YOU'VE GOT PROBLEMS!!!

Here I am in the kitchen. Starting to think about what to fix for supper. Geriatric dog sound asleep at my feet. Geriatric dog suddenly leaps. Yes, LEAPS to her feet. Runs to the patio door. Yes, RUNS. Geriatric dog is barking louder than she has barked in a very long time. Not a welcoming, tailwagger of a bark. A serious bark. I follow her to the door.

AND AMBLING ACROSS MY PATIO, EVEN AS WE SPEAK, IS A BIG OL' SNAPPING TURTLE.

That's right.

And Mr. Boomer is not home right now.

And those snapping turtles have long, long necks.

And I don't know where the snow shovel is in July. That was the first implement that came to mind. You know, to use to pick the snapping turtle up. To transport the snapping turtle.

BUT TO WHERE WOULD I BE TRANSPORTING THIS CREATURE???

(I just looked again. The snapping turtle is no longer on the patio. But my beautiful limelight hydrangeas are moving, moving, moving. THERE IS NO BREEZE OUT THERE.)

:edit: :edit: :edit: Mr. Boomer will not be home until after 6:00. :edit: :edit: :edit:

You know what? Maybe Mr. Boomer will just be getting some homemade soup for supper.

Boomer
Old 07-09-2008, 09:27 PM

Good idea. I am traveling out of here next weekend. I am basically a snowbird. The poor POA... but the Villages need to always be fighting rodents. Getting rid of a full time exterminator was not a good idea. If you know about Rats...they are always out there but if you fight them you can control them.They aren't eatting around the deck of a pool with people in the pool!!!
Old 07-09-2008, 09:29 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,228 Times in 757 Posts

Will the POA come to Ohio and get this :edit: snapping turtle?

Boomer
Old 07-10-2008, 03:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuna
There also are rats or mice in The Village of Sunset Pointe. If there are rats running around that much in The Villages I think it's a big problem. Maybe its time to call the POA. Thats too many mice for me.
YES call the POA!!! They will be sure to save us all. For months we will hear how TVis being taken over by giant rats AND the developer won't do a thing to protect us.
Old 07-10-2008, 04:10 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope2bforever
YES call the POA!!! They will be sure to save us all. For months we will hear how TVis being taken over by giant rats AND the developer won't do a thing to protect us.
And their monthly rag will be replete with exterminator ads.
And it's Munc"L"e, not Munc"I"e
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.