Real Estate Agent

Real Estate Agent

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Real Estate Agent
Old 10-30-2019, 10:14 PM

Default Real Estate Agent

We’re thinking of selling our house this winter while we’re there and would like your thoughts about hiring a Village agent vs an outside company. Do Village agents show homes listed by other companies? Vice versa? Any opinion/information would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Old 10-31-2019, 04:31 AM
Sage

Sally Love
Sponsored Links
Old 10-31-2019, 05:00 AM
Sage

I really think that The Villages sell homes well, but you can't just put an inflated price on a home and it must be clean and uncluttered and smell nice and correspond with other homes with the same kind of location and view or lack of them..

We like Jim McLaughlin who is with The Villages. He helped us with our first home buy here and then when we were looking for a home for year around occupancy, he showed us both new and used homes. Jim is NOT pushy, is honest and helpful and reliable.

We have had several homes sell within days in our neighborhood. I think I would give some thought to for sale by owner with a good closing company to guide you. I think it is still less than a thousand dollars to use a closing lawyer.

I am NOT a realtor. No one in my family is a realtor but we have several pesky lawyers.

Last edited by graciegirl; 10-31-2019 at 05:43 AM.
Old 10-31-2019, 06:19 AM

The Villages is the way to go but I think but may use a MLS realtor. They can not sell each others. So The Villages realtors can not sell MLS and visa versa. Many also sell their own and some use this site and others, especially VillagersFSBO For-Sale_By-Owner Homes in The Villages

The Villages will advertise you home more than anyone especially in The Daily Sun.
Old 10-31-2019, 08:14 AM
Gold member

Sally Love. I will never again list a home to sell with The Villages, especially if you live in the northern part. Most agents are not interested in this area. Too long a drive.
Old 10-31-2019, 08:18 AM
Platinum member

Lyle Gant
I was a stranger and you WELCOMED ME : Matt 25:35, real Christianity
The Following User Says Thank You to blueash For This Useful Post:
Old 10-31-2019, 08:31 AM
Sage

Location: NJ, NY, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NM, CA, ID and finally FL.

I heard from a couple of sellers who initially signed with Villages agents that their homes were not shown much and did not sell. After their listing agreements expired they went with MLS agents and their houses sold within reasonable time periods.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 10-31-2019, 08:36 AM
Sage

Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.

Fsbo
Old 10-31-2019, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacoast1 View Post
We’re thinking of selling our house this winter while we’re there and would like your thoughts about hiring a Village agent vs an outside company. Do Village agents show homes listed by other companies? Vice versa? Any opinion/information would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
My understanding is The Villages do not show and can not sell houses that are listed in the Multiple Listing System. And, I believe The Villages agents are not Realtors, but simple transaction agents, as they do not belong to the National Association of Realtors (NAR). Realtors can not sell houses listed by The Village agents and vice-versa. I believe this is unique to certain communities. In my opinion, it does a disservice to the public, by forcing people to choose only The Village's agents for what they list, especially, new homes.

Outside of TV land, developers usually allow Realtors to sell their product, but some don't, unless they are having a problem selling their product, and then they offer Realtors larger commissions.

Not all Realtors, and not all non-Realtor agents, are more knowledgeable about the products they sell. Ask a lot of questions. A listing agent usually doesn't sell your home, they just list it, and put it out there for other Realtors or agents to sell.

Last edited by Ben Franklin; 10-31-2019 at 10:19 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ben Franklin For This Useful Post:
Old 10-31-2019, 09:55 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Franklin View Post
My understanding is he Villages do not show and can not sell houses that are listed in the Multiple Listing System. And, I do not believe The Villages agents are Realtors, but simple transaction agents, as they do not belong to the National Association of Realtors (NAR). Realtors can not sell houses listed by The Village agents and vice-versa. I believe this is unique to certain communities. In my opinion, it does a disservice to the public, by forcing people to choose only The Village's agents for what they list, especially, new homes.

Outside of TV land, developers usually allow Realtors to sell their product, but some don't, unless they are having a problem selling their product, and then they offer Realtors larger commissions.

Not all Realtors, and not all non-Realtor agents, are more knowledgeable about the products they sell. Ask a lot of questions. A listing agent usually doesn't sell your home, they just list it, and put it out there for other Realtors or agents to sell.
Homes here are not hard to sell and we sold our first one here without any realtor, just a closing agent and it cost us $700. People are lined up to buy homes here. If you offer it clean and well presented at a price that other similar homes with similar views are offered it will sell in a short time.

I get a little tired of all the reverence for the big
"R" in front of the word realtor. It is something in my opinion that the "R" company is selling.

Properties of The Villages sells over 70% of all homes listed in The Villages.

I am not a realtor, never have been, never wanted to be and am not much a fan of them. I don't work for The Villages either and never met any Morses in person, but I hope to some day.

Tags
we’re, village, agent, companies, vice