Real Estate Taxe Reduction

Closed Thread
Old 07-18-2007, 11:09 AM
Default Real Estate Taxe Reduction

Is anyone familiar with the recent discussions in the Florida legislature regarding real estate tax reduction and how it will affect Villages residents, if at all?

Old 07-18-2007, 08:29 PM
Default Re: Real Estate Taxe Reduction

I hope I get this correct but if I recall correctly Florida property owners are getting about a 7% lower tax bill for this year. The Florida voters will then have to approve the second part of the Legislatures plan during the Jan 29 primary election. This part of the plan will be to let homeowners have a choice to choose to stay with our existing Save Our Homes amendment, which is a 3% cap on our property's value, or choose what will be the new Super Homestead plan. This plan would tax the first $200,000 at 25% of the appriased value. It is very confusing and hard to determine which plan a property owner should choose. Once you decide to switch from our current Save Our Homes 3% cap to the Super Homestead plan (if it get approved) you cannot switch back.
I heard on one of the news stations that Orange County Property Appraiser has a Homestead Comparison Estimator on their website for property owners in that area to use to help them decide which plan to choose. It sure would be nice if our appraiser could do the same for properties located in TV. I do realize we are located in three separate counties so I hope my county will do it.
Old 07-18-2007, 08:35 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Re: Real Estate Taxe Reduction

Hey poromo how are you doing, nice to see you here, as far as property tax reductions we'll know in a couple months when the bills are sent out....

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.