Recycling

Closed Thread
Old 01-13-2008, 02:06 PM
Default Recycling

I just saw a news blurb on television that said the recycling would be starting up soon, and would be in addition to the twice weekly garbage pick-up we now have. Its great to see the Villages "go green", and it appears they listened to our concerns.
Old 01-13-2008, 04:45 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch
Default Re: Recycling

I'm really trying to put my mind around the concept of plastic bags for recycling. :dontknow: Doesn't that seem to rather defeat one of the reasons to recycle?

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 01-13-2008, 06:29 PM

Are we certain we'll be using plastic bags for recycleables?????? :dontknow: ???
Old 01-13-2008, 09:51 PM
Sage

I do remember reading that recyclables would be placed in clear plastic bags with more details to come. I'm not sure whether it was in the Daily Sun or POA paper, but definitely in one of the two. Good question. I may make a call or two tomorrow to see what I can find out.

Thanks -- I hate to be a rumor monger, even if by accident.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 01-14-2008, 12:26 PM

I agree, taking care of our planet and being ecologically responsible should be a no-brainer, and finally The Villages has brought us up to speed. As far as containers, in our home state we have re-usable bins we put out by the curb that the trash people empty out into their truck.
Old 01-14-2008, 12:53 PM

No bins or trash cans please!!!!!!! Nothing uglier in a neighborhood then the containers left at the curb. No way is everyone going to take them in like they should.
Old 01-14-2008, 03:55 PM
Sage

Called Sumter Sanitation. Yes, the plan is to use plastic bags. The woman I spoke to hopes they will be "green". Nothing is firm yet.

Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.