Talk of The Villages Florida - Rentals, Entertainment & More
Talk of The Villages Florida - Rentals, Entertainment & More
|
#1
|
||
|
||
|
Hello everyone.
Any recommendations for hiring someone to remove a popcorn ceiling? I was wondering if a handyman would be less expensive or not. Thanks, and I love the fact that this site exists. |
|
|
|
#2
|
||
|
||
|
There have been several threads on this in the past, however one item you need to be concerned about, the popcorn ceiling MAY contain asbestos and if so this requires special attention. I would never use a handyman unless the popcorn coating was tested negative for asbestos.
Please be very careful with this.
__________________
Pennsylvania, for 60+ years, most recently, Allentown, now TV.
|
|
#3
|
||
|
||
|
If the house was built within the past 40 years, it is highly unlikely to have asbestos on the ceiling. Note that all non-manufactured houses in The Villages were constructed less than 40 years ago.
Personally, I would hire a drywall contractor, not a handyman. Last edited by retiredguy123; Today at 12:58 PM. |
|
#4
|
||
|
||
|
Here is my thread from a year ago...we did it...glad we did it...
a bit of a PITA, but glad we did it... Popcorn Ceiling Removal Revisited |
|
#5
|
||
|
||
|
Quote:
|
| Reply |
|
|
|