Rental contracts

Closed Thread
Old 06-03-2008, 10:17 PM
Default Rental contracts

Hi,
We are new at this, so maybe someone can shed some light? We are planning on renting our Villa in Woodbury for Jan, Feb and March only in 2009. Two bedroom 2 bath.
We need to find a contract and are wondering how people collect the rent.. all up front... or by the month?
What is the going security deposit for three months rental? :dontknow:
Old 06-04-2008, 02:18 AM
Sage
Default Re: Rental contracts

Upfront.
I prefer to rent only for a month at a time. If you have an undesirable renter, he's gone in 30 days. The couples I rented to last season can rent for as long as they want to this season. They were outstanding. I am a clean freak and they were too. I loved it!
I take a thousand dollar security deposit for one month. Everyone got theirs back in full the day they left. As I said, they were all wonderful, clean people.
Old 06-04-2008, 02:39 PM
Veteran member

I'm renting a villa for three-four months or until our home is built here. I paid June and July up front with a $1000 security deposit that is refundable. I'm extending the rental until Sept and he asked for a check in mid July.

Like Samhass, I go beyond being a clean freak; I'm anal about it. Apparently, he has a professional housekeeper come in after renters leave and I'm cleaning what she cleaned because it just wasn't clean enough for me.
Old 06-04-2008, 02:52 PM
Veteran member

20% right away nonrefundable to confirm. Balance due 2 weeks prior to move in date. Lease is monthly and is renewable if both parties agree and the next month is also due 2 weeks prior to the rental month. $500.00 security deposit paid separately and held in escrow in a local bank non interest bearing
This works for me on a patio villa
Handie :joke:
Old 06-04-2008, 04:36 PM
Veteran member

I do $500 security deposit to hold anything a month or more. I return $400 within 2 weeks of their leaving. I keep $100 for cleaning. The deposits are in a separate account. I require payment in full 2 weeks before arrival just so the check can clear before they arrive.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.