picking appliances next week

Closed Thread
Old 06-05-2012, 07:22 AM
Default picking appliances next week

researching the info we were given for appliances. The french doors Fridge had great reviews. The reviews for the GMH6185XV - Gold Microwave-Range Hood Combination on the appliances list that we were sent are not good.
Talk to me please - if you got it, do you like it? other options?
Other advice on appliances?
Meeting with design team next week for our new Iris in Fernandina.
thanks.
Old 06-05-2012, 10:22 AM
Veteran member
Send a message via ICQ to mikeandnancy1112 Send a message via AIM to mikeandnancy1112

We bought all new Whirlpool Stainless Steel appliances from Appliance Direct in Fruitland Park four months ago and have had no complaints.
Old 06-05-2012, 10:51 AM
Sage
Default Like my gold package

We got the gold package from TV. This includes a built in oven with convection (love it), microwave with some fancy buttons that I haven't used yet ( love it), a 3 door fridge (doesn't seem to have enough side compartments or storage in fridge, but freezer is great) which has built in ice maker, and a flat top electric stove which I really like. Not much for electric stoves because I've only had the coil burner kind but this flat top is much better. We've only used them for about 3 weeks so I can't say how durable they are but so far I like them.
Old 06-05-2012, 01:55 PM

Happinow - (love the name), did you have an option to opt out? we are told by our representative that we can't. Thanks for your reply. I feel better.
Old 06-05-2012, 05:12 PM

You can opt out of all appliances "except" the microwave. We did it and closed on our place this past February. Started building end of November. They have to have the microwave in there for the CO, so no opting on that one.
Old 06-05-2012, 05:14 PM
Sage

Debbie, how much credit $$ did they give to buy what you wanted?
Old 06-06-2012, 11:07 AM

Hi Sara,
We just got done picking out all our appliances and bought the Whirlpool stainless steel gold package for out kitchen. I was reading other posts and it seems there are complaint issues with the Whirlpool. I know my friend has problems with her ice maker. Too much ice comes out and falls right on her floor, plus the ice drips so she has to put a piece of papertowel down. We should have bought the appliance package outside The Villages. We were pressed for time though. We did buy a washer and dryer from Sears though. I think our package cost was around $4,000 whereas, we could have gotten it cheaper somewhere else. The more you buy through the Villages the higher your property taxes will be. We will be moving into our new Iris this July so we will see. Good luck on your Iris too.
Old 06-06-2012, 09:35 PM

Carmpat,
thanks for the update. where in NJ are you? what village are you moving to? how exciting for you. Good luck.
Old 06-07-2012, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalomuall View Post
researching the info we were given for appliances. The french doors Fridge had great reviews. The reviews for the GMH6185XV - Gold Microwave-Range Hood Combination on the appliances list that we were sent are not good.
Talk to me please - if you got it, do you like it? other options?
Other advice on appliances?
Meeting with design team next week for our new Iris in Fernandina.
thanks.
I think we have the microwave range combination you are talking about. I don't do a lot of cooking so probably can't help much, but it seems OK to me.

We are in Fernandina. Been here about a month. Only ones on our end of Mockingbird Ln. Two houses next to us are about to get moved into. Looking forward to some neighbors. We're near Bonifay. Where will you be?
Old 06-07-2012, 05:04 PM
Smile

Hi Sara,

We live in East Brunswick, NJ and we bought a lot in Sannibel on Ravens Croft Terr. Why are from NJ too?

Patti
Old 06-07-2012, 07:49 PM

Wow, I went to Douglas college in Rutgers. Thought Hebrew school in East Brunswick. I bet the area looks very different. I have been in Norther VA since 1982. The rest of my family lives in NJ. We are building in Fernandina. Good luck with your new home. I hope we'll meet at TV.
Old 06-07-2012, 09:58 PM

We moved in 4 years ago and had to take what was given us - all GE appliances. We've had to replace the refrigerator (LG, bottom freezer, French doors, ice maker - love it) from Best Buy. Then, the washer broke down so we went to Fredericks in Belleview (family owned) and bought a Speed Queen commercial washer. It fits in the same area as our old one but cleans much better.
Old 06-08-2012, 12:55 PM

Hi Sara,
My sister, Vicky went to Douglas College at Rutgers in New Brunswick. Heck you might know her. She is 56 yrs old. I still go to the East Brunswick Mall on Rt. 18. After 37 yrs they are finally adding a new outside entrance plus a Panera Bread Restaurant next to J.C. Penney's. Along the strip of Rt 18 there are several new strip malls otherwise it still looks the same. I live very close to the Hebrew School.

Patti
Old 06-08-2012, 01:46 PM
Gold member
Location: British Columbia, Seattle and Haciendas at Mission Hills

Please remember if you buy a place at The Villages and do not like the appliances and DO NOT USE THEM you can trade them in from the company that The Villages got them from. We did that. Not everyone knows that so there it is! We traded in our Fridge, Stove, dishwasher and micro. Only regretful I did not think about the washer and dryer as the washer needed repair the first time I used it, it would not drain. Of course it was under warranty and fixed immediately but that is not my point! Anyway, if it helps, take what they give you and then upgrade from the supplier. The warranty department should be able to tell you where they bought them from or get your realtor to find out.
Old 06-08-2012, 01:57 PM
Sage

But how can you tell the real value of trade such as that?

Bottom line is how much out of pocket to select what you like?

What if you just put them aside and sell them privately, could be an option - hard to say what the market is.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.