Restrictions In Different Areas

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
  #16  
Old 01-30-2020, 08:09 AM
OrangeBlossomBaby OrangeBlossomBaby is offline
Sage
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 4,688
Thanks: 3,506
Thanked 4,702 Times in 1,450 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
if you go to the links provided every time anyone links to them on ToTV, you will see only the original documents to area 7 (which is the area you seem to be interested in).

The original documents were written a few decades ago and the link itself was never updated.

This is one of the reasons why new potential homeowners get so confused and frustrated when we ask about restrictions and are directed to those links.

ALL the links state no aerial antennae are allowed. And yet - they are allowed. ALL the links state no clotheslines are allowed. And yet - they are allowed. State law allows them, and state law prohibits communities from forbidding them.

It still isn't a good idea to do these things, because neighbors are going by the restrictions even though the restrictions are not enforceable. You -cannot- be fined for having a clothesline in your back yard. However, you CAN be visited every single day for the rest of your life when your neighbor complains that you have one, because the people paid to check out complaints, have to do that every time one comes in.

You basically have to weigh your priorities. Is it that important to put a jet-ski that you won't be using more than 2-3 months out of the year, in your driveway where its very existence is likely to create hostility among your otherwise peaceful neighbors? If so, go for it. If not, store it somewhere.

Most properties on this side of the Villages are modular/mobile/manufactured homes. They are on small lots without room for expanded garages. Some do have room, most do not. Most of them don't have any garage at all; instead, they have car ports and attached laundry sheds.
Also just as an aside - you really won't have any need for a lawn tractor at a home in the historical side of the villages. The properties themselves are small. If you are in fit condition you could use a non-powered hand-mower; a 2HP gas powered push-mower is more than sufficient.

A lawn tractor would just be more stuff taking up room on property that has very little storage space.
  #17  
Old 01-30-2020, 08:35 AM
PugMom's Avatar
PugMom PugMom is offline
Gold member
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Village of McClure
Posts: 1,073
Thanks: 5,701
Thanked 875 Times in 410 Posts
Default

some of the new homes in marsh bend & over in linden have sizeable garages, maybe take a look over there,?
  #18  
Old 01-30-2020, 09:42 AM
graciegirl's Avatar
graciegirl graciegirl is offline
Sage
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 39,399
Thanks: 4,186
Thanked 4,688 Times in 1,605 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
Also just as an aside - you really won't have any need for a lawn tractor at a home in the historical side of the villages. The properties themselves are small. If you are in fit condition you could use a non-powered hand-mower; a 2HP gas powered push-mower is more than sufficient.

A lawn tractor would just be more stuff taking up room on property that has very little storage space.
Many pay thirty five dollars a month for grass cutting, but that is year around. It is much less expensive here than it is where most of us are from.
__________________
It is better to laugh than to cry.
  #19  
Old 01-30-2020, 10:35 AM
OrangeBlossomBaby OrangeBlossomBaby is offline
Sage
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 4,688
Thanks: 3,506
Thanked 4,702 Times in 1,450 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Here are the restrictions:




Village Community Development Districts
This is very confusing to most people who live in the "Historic" section, because we don't live in a CDD at all. Also almost all of the information about rules and regs, policies and maintenance/infrastructure pertains specifically to Sumter County, not Lake or even Marion.

There is a CDD 7, which includes Odell Circle but not anything on the other side of 441.

But on the other side of 441, where I live near the country club, my deed restriction is for "L7." Our district doesn't have a number.

My property isn't even one of those "enclave parcels" whatever that means, according to the district map.

The fact that these deed restrictions are outdated, include incorrect information, and parts of them cannot be enforced, means that *someone* has neglected to keep these things up to date.

Even in the condos I lived in, back north, had yearly updates and addendums that were made available to every single property owner and tenant, and updates were available online and at the town engineer's office.

Down here, the deed restrictions aren't even a hyperlink. They were typed on a manual typewriter and poorly photocopied, the copy poorly scanned, and then uploaded. They really need to make this easier for the current generation of "old folks" to read. Most of us are computer literate and can see clearly that this was all done in the age of the dinosaur and no one bothered to update it.
  #20  
Old 01-30-2020, 10:57 AM
mattlongrealtor mattlongrealtor is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Wildwood, FL
Posts: 5
Thanks: 24
Thanked 5 Times in 2 Posts
Default

That's because the "Historic District" is not one of the VCDD districts, it's a part of The Villages, but are under Lake County. There are also no bonds or maintenance assessments in the "Histric District".
  #21  
Old 01-30-2020, 11:18 AM
CWGUY's Avatar
CWGUY CWGUY is offline
Sage
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,671
Thanks: 3,660
Thanked 1,367 Times in 609 Posts
Default

For the people that don't know where to look and/or don't open any links:




The Lady Lake / Lake County portion of The Villages consists of 5,693 home sites that are located in the Town of Lady Lake and a portion of un-incorporated Lake County. The Lady Lake/Lake County portion of The Villages is not located in the geographical boundaries of a Community Development District, but is in the service area of the Village Center Community Development District (VCCDD).

Among the services provided by VCCDD to residential properties in Lady Lake/Lake County are security, fire and emergency medical first response (non-transport) services, recreational facilities and services, stormwater collection and distribution and treated effluent distribution, and executive golf. These services are paid for through the receipt of monthly contractual amenity fees paid by each residential property within the service area of the VCCDD, as described by the Declaration of Covenants and Restrictions applying to each residential property.

The Lady Lake/Lake County portion of The Villages is governed by the VCCDD. In addition, the VCCDD provides common area maintenance and Deed Compliance services. The Amenity Authority Committee (AAC) is a committee of the VCCDD that oversees amenity fee revenues and expenditures and related policies for properties in the VCCDD service area. A resident from the Lady Lake/Lake County portion of The Villages serves on the AAC.
__________________
__________________________________________________
Trying To Understand Some People Is Like Trying To Smell The Color 9
  #22  
Old 01-30-2020, 11:19 AM
OhioBuckeye OhioBuckeye is offline
Gold member
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 1,177
Thanks: 0
Thanked 222 Times in 174 Posts
Default Ohiobuckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
Also just as an aside - you really won't have any need for a lawn tractor at a home in the historical side of the villages. The properties themselves are small. If you are in fit condition you could use a non-powered hand-mower; a 2HP gas powered push-mower is more than sufficient.

A lawn tractor would just be more stuff taking up room on property that has very little storage space.
Sorry, but how did this comment & the answer to this question get on lawn mowers? Don’t get your answer!
  #23  
Old 01-30-2020, 11:51 AM
CWGUY's Avatar
CWGUY CWGUY is offline
Sage
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,671
Thanks: 3,660
Thanked 1,367 Times in 609 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioBuckeye View Post
Sorry, but how did this comment & the answer to this question get on lawn mowers? Don’t get your answer!
IMHO the question was asked by OP and everything after post #4 where it was answered is Including this post

I'm surprised the SPCA doesn't get on us for the way we love to beat a dead horse.......
__________________
__________________________________________________
Trying To Understand Some People Is Like Trying To Smell The Color 9
  #24  
Old 01-30-2020, 02:23 PM
Double Eagle Double Eagle is offline
Member
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 43
Thanks: 48
Thanked 20 Times in 12 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWGUY View Post
For the people that don't know where to look and/or don't open any links:




The Lady Lake / Lake County portion of The Villages consists of 5,693 home sites that are located in the Town of Lady Lake and a portion of un-incorporated Lake County. The Lady Lake/Lake County portion of The Villages is not located in the geographical boundaries of a Community Development District, but is in the service area of the Village Center Community Development District (VCCDD).

Among the services provided by VCCDD to residential properties in Lady Lake/Lake County are security, fire and emergency medical first response (non-transport) services, recreational facilities and services, stormwater collection and distribution and treated effluent distribution, and executive golf. These services are paid for through the receipt of monthly contractual amenity fees paid by each residential property within the service area of the VCCDD, as described by the Declaration of Covenants and Restrictions applying to each residential property.

The Lady Lake/Lake County portion of The Villages is governed by the VCCDD. In addition, the VCCDD provides common area maintenance and Deed Compliance services. The Amenity Authority Committee (AAC) is a committee of the VCCDD that oversees amenity fee revenues and expenditures and related policies for properties in the VCCDD service area. A resident from the Lady Lake/Lake County portion of The Villages serves on the AAC.
Thank you. This is what I have found confusing. Although I have bought 5 homes, I have never seen anything similar to the way these "districts" are structured.

This is helpful.
  #25  
Old 01-30-2020, 02:59 PM
Double Eagle Double Eagle is offline
Member
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 43
Thanks: 48
Thanked 20 Times in 12 Posts
Default

Thanks for all the replies.

Just to be clear: I don't want to park anything in the driveway except for an SUV or a small pickup truck. The small boat would be under a carport, in a garage, or covered and parked in a side or back yard depending on the lot. I don't have or want a canoe.


Same for the jet-ski. BTW We use them 5-6 months of the year here in VA. I don't know why they would only be used 2-3 months of the year in FL.

I like cutting my own grass and a manual push mower is out of the question. I don't think a small riding mower will be a problem, I probably should not have even mentioned it.
  #26  
Old 01-30-2020, 04:02 PM
asianthree's Avatar
asianthree asianthree is offline
Sage
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Pennacamp, Fernandinia 2 Frogs
Posts: 7,158
Thanks: 19
Thanked 1,098 Times in 419 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Eagle View Post
Thanks for all the replies.

Just to be clear: I don't want to park anything in the driveway except for an SUV or a small pickup truck. The small boat would be under a carport, in a garage, or covered and parked in a side or back yard depending on the lot. I don't have or want a canoe.


Same for the jet-ski. BTW We use them 5-6 months of the year here in VA. I don't know why they would only be used 2-3 months of the year in FL. There are plenty of storage units near TV.

I like cutting my own grass and a manual push mower is out of the question. I don't think a small riding mower will be a problem, I probably should not have even mentioned it.
Have you visited TV. The lots are postage size. Unless you are on an oversized lot, your back yard may only be 5 to 10 feet. Side yard 10’, or less. Anything parked outside and covered would not make many happy to look out their window to see a blue tarp.
__________________
Do not worry about things you can not change
  #27  
Old 01-30-2020, 04:12 PM
Double Eagle Double Eagle is offline
Member
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 43
Thanks: 48
Thanked 20 Times in 12 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
Have you visited TV. The lots are postage size. Unless you are on an oversized lot, your back yard may only be 5 to 10 feet. Side yard 10’, or less. Anything parked outside and covered would not make many happy to look out their window to see a blue tarp.
I have driven through the area, have not visited. I have looked at many listings online. I have google mapped most of the area and I think I may be able to find what I am looking for. Maybe not.

I would not use a "blue tarp" to cover a pile of manure. The manure would look better.
  #28  
Old 01-30-2020, 05:24 PM
Bogie Shooter Bogie Shooter is offline
Sage
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 15,276
Thanks: 3
Thanked 1,963 Times in 915 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Eagle View Post
I have driven through the area, have not visited. I have looked at many listings online. I have google mapped most of the area and I think I may be able to find what I am looking for. Maybe not.

I would not use a "blue tarp" to cover a pile of manure. The manure would look better.
I think a visit is in order for you to get a better understanding of what is going on...………
BTW beyond the historical side......nothing is parked in a side or back yard.
__________________
The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it. George Orwell.
“Only truth and transparency can guarantee freedom”, John McCain
  #29  
Old 01-30-2020, 05:25 PM
graciegirl's Avatar
graciegirl graciegirl is offline
Sage
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 39,399
Thanks: 4,186
Thanked 4,688 Times in 1,605 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Eagle View Post
Thanks for all the replies.

Just to be clear: I don't want to park anything in the driveway except for an SUV or a small pickup truck. The small boat would be under a carport, in a garage, or covered and parked in a side or back yard depending on the lot. I don't have or want a canoe.


Same for the jet-ski.
BTW We use them 5-6 months of the year here in VA. I don't know why they would only be used 2-3 months of the year in FL.

I like cutting my own grass and a manual push mower is out of the question. I don't think a small riding mower will be a problem, I probably should not have even mentioned it.
Against the rules. No jet ski or small boat..
__________________
It is better to laugh than to cry.
  #30  
Old 01-30-2020, 05:39 PM
asianthree's Avatar
asianthree asianthree is offline
Sage
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Pennacamp, Fernandinia 2 Frogs
Posts: 7,158
Thanks: 19
Thanked 1,098 Times in 419 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Eagle View Post
I have driven through the area, have not visited. I have looked at many listings online. I have google mapped most of the area and I think I may be able to find what I am looking for. Maybe not.

I would not use a "blue tarp" to cover a pile of manure. The manure would look better.
So to give you an idea lawn ornaments are not allowed. One can only put out holiday decorations for 30 days. There is even a problem with tiny white cross in yards.
__________________
Do not worry about things you can not change
Closed Thread

Tags
restrictions, areas, map, property, area

Thread Tools

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:45 PM.