Old 02-15-2015, 10:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,585 Times in 1,327 Posts

Some feel more privileged than others.
Old 02-15-2015, 11:37 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post

...If they employed every night one person to remove the ropes and the cushions, every night, 364 days a year, then that has to come out of the money usually used by entertainment and out of the money from the merchants. Somebody has to pay for it. Would it work? Would the cops be called two or three times a week to eject someone? This is a public area.

No one would learn anything from the cops being called. It would just be ugly and not a really good way to handle it.

WHo knows who is carrying and drinking at the same time?
Why would you need to employ a person to remove the ropes and cushions? Isn't there staff there already? Just have a standard rule that any and all unattended ropes and cushions will be removed by a staff member at 4:30 and again at 5:30. The 5:30 would be for later "reservists" who end up not coming back. This could be done in about 5-10 minutes by available staff. After about a week or so the roping off would dwindle to almost nothing.
To say you'd need to hire additional staff sounds like a government solution.
A simple cost-free solution that could end this once and for all. It would also end these threads (which would a major bonus!)

As for the drunk wielding gunmen... give me a break. If it's all that dangerous out there you might be better off staying home.

Slaughter on 10th Avenue (and more) -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMo6w...gbuFRTT06nS9pn
Old 02-15-2015, 12:47 PM
Platinum member

I still say I like the system they have at Brownwood now with the folding chairs on rolling carts. they don't bring out the carts until about 5pm and it doesn't seem like people grab 20 folding chairs and tie ribbons on them.

Sterling, IL; Hunter's Creek, Orlando, FL; The Villages
Old 02-15-2015, 12:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,526 Times in 1,918 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt. View Post
Why would you need to employ a person to remove the ropes and cushions? Isn't there staff there already? Just have a standard rule that any and all unattended ropes and cushions will be removed by a staff member at 4:30 and again at 5:30. The 5:30 would be for later "reservists" who end up not coming back. This could be done in about 5-10 minutes by available staff. After about a week or so the roping off would dwindle to almost nothing.
To say you'd need to hire additional staff sounds like a government solution.
A simple cost-free solution that could end this once and for all. It would also end these threads (which would a major bonus!)

As for the drunk wielding gunmen... give me a break. If it's all that dangerous out there you might be better off staying home.
I haven't ever seen a "staff person" who works at the squares. I have personally solved this by not going to anything that is really, really popular. I have NEVER laid my eyes on Rocky and the Rollers.
Old 02-15-2015, 12:49 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LndLocked View Post
What I plan on doing is being one of the 10,000 people that come on TOTV and complain about this issue once a month and never take my complaints up with anyone that could actually do anything about it.

For some strange and inexplicable reason ... I will feel better yet nothing will actually ever be done to solve my issue.
I imagine that this issue has been told to someone who could solve the problem. It seems that the problem has not been solved. but at Spanish Springs it seems like the staff has been permitted to remove the ribbons from saved chairs.

Sterling, IL; Hunter's Creek, Orlando, FL; The Villages
Old 02-15-2015, 12:50 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by cquick View Post
I still say I like the system they have at Brownwood now with the folding chairs on rolling carts. they don't bring out the carts until about 5pm and it doesn't seem like people grab 20 folding chairs and tie ribbons on them.

Those Morse planners, they just get smarter as they go.
Old 02-15-2015, 12:56 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cquick View Post
you would think that, but you would be wrong.....

men carrying 2 chairs each, making 4 trips, placing them in the front row....saving 8 chairs by sitting on each end....seen it

also two women in front of me sitting in chairs in brownwood, saving the cement benches in front of the bleachers... i was sitting directly behind them in the front row of the bleachers, the cement chairs had been empty for two hours, and when a couple asked me if anyone was sitting there, I said no....the lady who was saving said, they are being held for her companions, who after two hours, never made a appearance.

cold, cold....people...

and mind you, i only make it to the squares every other month......
Old 02-15-2015, 01:13 PM

I have done it many many times. Several times people came and told us that the seats are being held for others. I pointed over to the people who handle the square. They went and complained to them. The villages entertainment people told them. Very strongly that no one can save seats. The people then used some street language to him. Said they would never move in full time in the villages. Like anyone really cares. Everyone around could hear what was said. When they were all done! Most of the people clapped their hands and laughed.
Don't talk about it, just take a seat there will not be a problem. If people just do that the problem will end by its self.
Old 02-15-2015, 01:21 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerald View Post
I have done it many many times. Several times people came and told us that the seats are being held for others. I pointed over to the people who handle the square. They went and complained to them. The villages entertainment people told them. Very strongly that no one can save seats. The people then used some street language to him. Said they would never move in full time in the villages. Like anyone really cares. Everyone around could hear what was said. When they were all done! Most of the people clapped their hands and laughed.
Don't talk about it, just take a seat there will not be a problem. If people just do that the problem will end by its self.
Do the people who work at the squares have a shirt on or an identifying hat or something? What are they doing? I mean I never see anyone doing anything on the square. The only people I see working at the squares are in the drink shacks. Buggyone would know. He always talks about how much he enjoys going to the squares.
Old 02-15-2015, 01:26 PM
Gold member

I get my musical fix at blues bars and honky tonks. The problems there seem few and far between, get sorted pretty quickly, and there is no pre-recorded music.
Old 02-15-2015, 01:32 PM
Gold member

Why do grown adults have to all sit together with their little 3rd grade friends, anyway???

Same childish behavior goes on in restaurants with people coming in expecting a table for 25, and then when they get seated like that, nobody can hear a word that is said by the workers or the customer ordering.

Sit where you can sit, in twosomes or foursomes, and get to know some other people for heaven's sake!! That's what the squares are FOR!
Old 02-15-2015, 06:45 PM

we've cut the ribbons. Nothing happens.
Old 02-15-2015, 08:54 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
No, the problem with that group is that they had the nerve to tie a ribbon around seats in an attempt to save them. There is not saving or reserving seats at the squares. I was at SS one night when people complained to one of the Villages personnel that a rope had been tied around some chairs and they had no place to sit. To his credit and to a round of applause, the cut the rope and tossed it in the trash. A few people from the group came around and kind of sheepishly looked at people sitting in the seats that they had roped off. They never said a word because they knew what they did was wrong and someone had done something about it. IMHO, the Villages personnel should stop people from doing this when they see them or remove the ribbons and ropes when they are notified of a situation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerald View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by twoas1@comcast.net View Post
we've cut the ribbons. Nothing happens.
I don't have a horse in this race but the above quoted posts seem to have the solution. I think if their approach is used the perps will soon get the message.
Old 02-16-2015, 09:46 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by poster
I have NEVER laid my eyes on Rocky and the Rollers.
You have missed a good show!

As others have said; just sit anywhere someone is not sitting, there should be no saving of seats at the square.

I laugh my ass off watching some of these line dancers, they take the dancing so seriously. We have made up names for some of the regulars! We always enjoy ourselves at the square
Old 02-23-2015, 08:02 PM
Platinum member

Tonight Rocky and the Rollers were at SS. The usual 20+ chairs (front rows), and many others, not front row, were tied off with a string or had cushions on them. At 6 minutes until 5, I called the # that was posted in about the third reply in this thread. I talked to a very nice lady, who said that was not allowed. I ask her to please send someone over, so any chairs not occupied in the saved seats at 5pm would have the ropes and cushions removed. She said there was no one to do this and there was nothing she could do.

So, the message is: save, save, save! TV does not want to help.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.