Roundabouts

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Old 03-15-2013, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by murray607 View Post
But why is it that it is such a problem in TV. I go to the UK and I don't see the issues at roundabouts that I see in TV. People in the UK had to go through a period of adjustment to using roundabouts since, as I recall, the mid or late 1960's, just like here and there are new drivers getting on the roads over there every day and they navigate them successfully.

The thing is, if people become educated to using them properly, most of the issues will improve, but granted there will still be some issues. Obviously the pamphlets haven't worked, that is why I believe, if people had proper in car instruction, most of the iussues with roundabouts would be mitigated. Otherwise, it is going to be status quo, accidents will continue to happen and people will continue to complain.
Here's the bottom line on this matter - Most drivers in the UK are more courteous and patient and skilled in their round-about driving habits (most, not all)than we are here. If the U.S. would begin to require the same stringent licensing requirements and testing as those in the UK you would see less of this here. But, the truth of the matter is that many drivers just don't give a damn about anyone else on the road. Thus, it is up to those of us who are wired a bit differently to use extreme caution when entering these round-abouts and give way to these idiots who are surely testing their life insurance policy.
Old 03-15-2013, 03:47 PM
Default please watch out for our cyclists too

A friend on his bike in the roundabout was clipped by a car. He received injuries but the car just drove on. Please be patient and don't try to squeeze by someone on a bike. Besides a possible fatality, you would have to live with the sorrow of what you did just to save a few seconds. Thanks
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.