Roundabouts vs Stop Signs

Closed Thread
Old 10-12-2013, 08:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,930 Times in 787 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
I hesitate to enter this foray, but... I think the sign at the roundabout is tricky to decipher quickly when you're new to roundabouts. There's a lot of info there that you must translate from a graph into words in your head while still watching the road. I get it now, but it took a few times passing the signs, plus someone on this forum explaining to treat a roundabout like a four-lane intersection.

I think some kind of signage with words under the graph sign would be helpful... Something like DON'T TURN LEFT FROM THE RIGHT-HAND LANE, YOU DUMB***!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh View Post
I have a lightweight ladder and stencils...... When can we start?
Old 10-13-2013, 08:01 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
I get it now, but it took a few times passing the signs, plus someone on this forum explaining to treat a roundabout like a four-lane intersection.
Absolutely takes a little getting used to. But you did get it. My problem is with posters who have posted for years that they DON'T get it still. No excuse for them.
Old 10-13-2013, 11:53 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ_Boston View Post
Absolutely takes a little getting used to. But you did get it. My problem is with posters who have posted for years that they DON'T get it still. No excuse for them.
And then there's the poster who stated he will continue to go 3/4 of the way around the Morse/Stillwater one anyway because he wants to use the bypass at the next roundabout. Doesn't want to be bothered merging, ya know.
Old 06-11-2014, 09:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,394 Times in 2,405 Posts

Even more about roundabouts.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.