Rumor--Design Center Returning

Closed Thread
Old 08-01-2007, 11:15 AM
Default Re: Rumor--Design Center Returning

I;m checking with a little mouse in The Villages...but they typically do not share any information until they launch things... just the nature of the beast
Old 08-02-2007, 09:43 AM

Just a few weeks ago, while viewing an "open house", a Villages real estate person did comment that they might bring back the design center. For the record, over the recent years, I have never come across such a thing--in my experience, it is unheard of that a new home builder of planned communities in Fla. does not provide a design center with choices for the future resident.

And PS, don't be concerned about pulling up your carpet--What TV puts in is of low quality anyway. It's all about them making $$, not what consumers want. Within a year, you will be much happier with flooring of your choice. Go to several flooring centers. Your options will amaze you and you will love your home even more.
Old 08-06-2007, 08:25 AM
Veteran member

About the design center returning - I spoke to our Villages sales Rep this past Friday and asked him about this. He told me it's a rumor and there are no plans to bring the design center back. Especially now that they are into the final phase of building. After the third square and surrounding homes are built, TV will be complete. To bring back the design center now, according to the sales rep, is not financially smart and there are no plans to do so.

I would think he has first hand knowledge as he works with TV designers now as well as the builders.
Old 08-07-2007, 03:58 PM
Soaring Eagle member

I just spoke to a builder to resolve something thatw as written up for my end of year home inspection and I asked him specifically if the design centers were comming back. He said very UNLIKELY for it would be very expensive and not economical to do so. Even today at a slower building rate, they are having problems getting certain lighting fixtures and other materials. Anyone delaying a decision to biuuild and move to TV based on that rumor would be mislead.
Old 08-07-2007, 04:25 PM

We've decided that no matter if we buy new or used, we want to put some money aside to tailor the home to us! Paint, floors etc. That's just how it goes!!

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.