Security signs and Neighborhood Watch

Closed Thread
Old 05-23-2009, 03:11 PM

Thank you for all the replies and support in many ways. The signs from pest control have to be removed after a day or two. I believe the company removes them because my Massey sign is gone after a day. I have not have time to go over all the covenants. I know the wording is tricky sometimes. Again, while I'm all for having restrictions (ugly statues, fountains, etc) on the lawn, I stay firm that a security sign is for protection. I guess the thing that I find really disturbing is that Nick Xenos, who's the Deed Compliance Supervisor didn't have the courtesy to reply to my complaint.

And yes, we do have the stickers provided by ADT and they are on the windows. However, they are small and to me they are not a deterrant as the sign was.

We had the sign on the lawn (again between bushes....not totally in front) for four months. I guess they now have a new Neighborhood Watch who has nothing better to do than go around snooping at lawns and writing up people. He told me he was going down the street to check on others. Yes, we have three more families who installed security systems and they were also written up. Some Neighborhood Watch members protect and others used up their time keeping others from having their homes safe. I read the posting from Talk Host about the nasty Neighborhood Watch person he encountered at one of the gates. Thank you all for the support.
Old 05-23-2009, 03:37 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,537 Times in 1,923 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

You can ask Mother May I and get permission for things they deem appropriate.

We have our security signs in our window by the front door and in the back master bedroom window. We have a Camellia.
Old 05-23-2009, 05:00 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by downeaster View Post
rshoffer, let me clarify "Strict". Let me go on record as saying the rules themselves are not strict. In fact, I think they are very easy to live with.
However, I think enforcement is strict and that is as it should be. Once enforcement becomes lenient things can go down hill fast based on my personal experience.

By the way, did I not read somewhere fountains are allowed?
yep, according to the above you can spew away......
Old 05-23-2009, 05:02 PM
Gold member

I wonder if the neighborhood watchers have to go thru the same screening as golf ambassadors... those people run a long gauntlet to become ambassadors.
Old 05-25-2009, 02:15 PM

Why don't you all call Compliance Office and get a list of what's prohibited and what isn't. That would seem more sensible than relying on others who don't know anymore than you do.
Old 05-25-2009, 03:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,426 Times in 2,423 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhetzel View Post
Why don't you all call Compliance Office and get a list of what's prohibited and what isn't. That would seem more sensible than relying on others who don't know anymore than you do.
It could not have been said any better!
Old 05-25-2009, 03:28 PM

Getting just a little bit off the original subject...what is the monthly charge for alarm services like ADT?
Old 05-25-2009, 03:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,426 Times in 2,423 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don H View Post
Getting just a little bit off the original subject...what is the monthly charge for alarm services like ADT?
ADT 888-271-1823 $99 special
Old 05-26-2009, 06:12 PM
Banned

Hi guys and gals...just testing for my first post.

Keedy
Old 05-26-2009, 07:28 PM
Veteran member
Smile

Welcome to TOTV Keedy!!
Old 05-26-2009, 09:10 PM

Does this mean that at Halloween i cant have my flying with hit the tree thingie?
Old 05-26-2009, 09:11 PM

that was supposed to read 'flying witch'

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.