To sell your old home - has anyone used the Villages Realtor Referral Service

Closed Thread
Old 11-15-2007, 03:42 PM
Veteran member
Default Re: To sell your old home - has anyone used the Villages Realtor Referral Service

As I mentioned earlier, the TV relocation folks said they could not help me with their relocation service because I had my home listed on MLS. They have a very conservative interpretation of the Realtors "ethics" provision and believe that local Realtors could not provide a property market evaluation for me for that reason.

The reality is that the Realtor code of ethics prohibits other Realtors from soliciting listings while the property is listed with another broker. There is nothing wrong with the seller requesting the names of "two top Realtors" in their area from the TV relo service and soliciting the Realtors services. It's all in who does the soliciting.

Now, the question remains, is TV entitled to the referral fee under these circumstances?
Brockton, MA 1946-49 * Fort Lauderdale 1950-66 * Northern Virginia (Army) 1967-69 * North Lauderdale 1970-72 * Coconut Creek 1973-87 * St. Louis 1988-89 # Northern Virginia (again) 1990-2000 * Destin, FL 2001-08 * The Villages - Amelia/Hadley
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.