Shades for lanai,

Closed Thread
Old 06-01-2013, 09:47 PM
Platinum member

An update on our new glassed in lanai. The sun shade screen that they wrapped our lanai in cuts the heat from the sun amazingly well. The sliding glass doors stack 4 into 1, the screen is on the outside. We are very pleased.
No need for shades. I'm thankful that it worked and that we don't have the added expense of getting shades too.
Nancy
Old 06-02-2013, 06:53 AM

Thanks to everyone on this thread for this information about the shades. My husband and I have been going back and forth as to whether or not these work and based on this thread, we're definitely going to purchase shades!
Old 06-02-2013, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
After NOT giving as much thought to the orientation of our lot as Jimbo. (Who does???)

We decided to explore the choices once again for blinds for the screened lanai that faces west and gives us phenomenal sunsets but shines in our eyes and heats us up as we try to eat dinner out there.

We went to Lowes and they are having a sale starting today ( It may be one they have all the time) on Cooleroo shades. I know Happinow mentioned them but we have been undecided because I thought they didn't offer enough shade and Sweetie thought they did. So we are gonna have them installed and see how it goes. Will report.

Anyone have them?
we have had them for 5 years, they work great!!!! cools the lanai down 15 or more degrees
Old 06-02-2013, 03:41 PM
Gold member
Location: Chicago, Des Moines, St Louis, Fort Wayne -TV Wannabe

Love the pics Gracie.

Did you have them tied down?

Very, very nice and helpful thread.

BTW did you get the joke about eating the hamburgers and checking for the cow magnet in them from previous poster hahahahaha
Old 10-17-2013, 10:12 AM
Default Lanai Shades - Shutters, Blinds, & Designs, Umatilla

Went to Lowe's to get a price on Coolaroo Shades for my lanai & realized it would probably cost between $600 - $700 (Includes $100 installation charge, of which $35 is for them to come out & measure). Rec'd a card in the mail from Shutters, Blinds, & Designs, Inc. in Umatilla, FL & had Stuart come out to measure & give estimate. Total cost for privacy blinds on 2 windows & one door was just over $400. Lots of patterns & colors to chose from compared to Coolaroo, & they have privacy & sun blocking shades too. They are also a Hunter Douglas dealer & do other window treatments.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.